April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    0401-5.3k Total-5.3k Goal-80k

Just a short run during a business trip. Fell a tad short of my goal two months in a row, will try to stick to it this month. However, Aprils are always the craziest months of the year in my line of work, so we'll see what happens.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    April 1st and I'm four pages behind...sounds true lol.

Ran the JaJa Trail Marathons today, 4th place female, top ten overall after a long day of hunting for books in river banks under bridges, down dead drops and rotting tree trunks. This Barkley impersonator was wicked, would absolutely run it again if I were invited back!

Yay! Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I decided to do my long run tomorrow, since today is basically a nation-wide water battle day and I thought a girl by herself in running clothes might be too much of a target. Didn't want to be miles from home and get drenched. Plus we have lunch plans with friends and I didn't want to get up early on a holiday.

Err? What is this nationwide water battle?
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Second day in April and we're getting pelt-you-in-the-face then melt-on-the-ground snow to kick off the week. The Monday morning coffee folks were a skeleton crew this morning. But I have some serious grocery shopping and meal prep to do after work, so I had to get the snowy, slushy, yucky run out of the way early!

Happy Monday!

4/1: 7 miles
    4/2: 4 miles

April miles: 11
    Goal miles: 100

Upcoming Races:
    April 29: New Jersey Marathon 4-person relay
    May 20: Watershed 10k trail race

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @eponine1984 Wow, that sounds so scary. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, and it takes some strength to share something so difficult on an open forum. I hope you get cleared soon so you can get some mood-boosting endorphins. :hugs:
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Easter and April Fools! With a snowstorm. Good day to rest.

1HK2m8.png

5O2Km8.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @eponine1984 Oh wow. I am so sorry you went through all of that. :(
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I am so sorry for your loss. That much blood loss is not trivial - I hope your physical recovery is quick so you can get out running to help with the rest of your recovery.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat waves back
    @PastorVincent Nice looking powerline trail, add 3 ft of snow and it would look like one ( all ) of my trails
    @Orphia Cartwheels and running - sounds like some kind of funky Zumbra - obstacle race.

@eponine1984 Sends big virtual hug to you and your family from all your MFP Friends.

@JessicaMcB Congratulations. Great JaJa Photo, especially since the dude in the back has a Gary Robbins style Beard happening. Took me a while to understand the picture with all the pages of the books. I am guessing that the temps warmed up as the day went on.
    -22C this morning so wait for the evening when it should be warmer.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @girlinahat waves back
    @PastorVincent Nice looking powerline trail, add 3 ft of snow and it would look like one ( all ) of my trails

In typical fashion, it was in the upper 40'sF yesterday when I took that picture, and today we have 3 inches of snow on the ground. Not quite 3 foot, but probably looks about the same until you start walking/running in it. :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    4.35 today to submit as a virtual run for my missed race Saturday.

I've got 3 more runs planned for this week, no set distance or time.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    For real? It's only early on the 2nd and I've already missed 5 pages? I've done so poorly keeping up with you all this year.

Goal(s) for April: 110 miles, no injuries and complete HM on the 22nd in a solid (for me) time.

4/1 - Start month on rest day, plus it's Easter = no burn + a lot of calories / hot cross buns.
    4/2 - 4 treadmill miles + upper body weights/abs.

4/110

Good luck all!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I am so, so sorry for your loss. I hope that you can find peace and healing in your recovery.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift - Never been diagnosed, but I think I may have SAD too. I get extremely grumpy, sleepy, mopey, etc. in January and February every year. Way to kick *kitten* the first two days of April!
    @MobyCarp - Love your real goals!
    @zerlinna87 - FWIW, if an illness doesn't involve a fever, "wet" lungs, or a major GI issue...I try to run. Often, I feel better when finished.
    @eponine1984 - I am sorry for all you're going through and your loss :-(
    @JessicaMcB - Great job, love that pic!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Weather will be great today and my son has soccer practice, so skipped early morning on the road and will do a few miles on the trail by his soccer fields tonight. Less than two weeks to my first 25k and trail race. It feels weird not to have run in the morning, but I sure don't feel the rungries like I usually do. I think these soccer practice runs will become the norm as long as the weather holds. It's nice to spend more time on the mountain. I think there's a few other trails close by that I can scout out.