April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I'm so very sorry for your loss and the traumatic experience. My heart goes out to you.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @eponine1984 I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and hoping for a speedy recovery.

@JessicaMcB Way to go!

@polskagirl01 I am also wondering about this nation-wide water battle day.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 so sorry to hear of your loss.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 so, so sorry. No words are adequate. I can't even imagine what you must be going through.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @eponine1984 so, so sorry. No words are adequate. I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

Ditto. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Wishing you all the best. <3
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Fantastic! Sounds like a hella fun race!
    @kristinegift So glad to see you back!!
    @orphia I love the cartwheel goal! I fear I would break my neck if I tried to do that.
    @NikolaosKey great to hear you race was pain free. Great photo!

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    4/1-14.5 miles

Setting a goal of 180 miles this month because that it what my plan says. Hitting 50+ mile weeks now and I am feeling pretty tired. Why is it that I never remember how draining training for a marathon can be? I am actually glad to see Mondays (my rest day) roll around.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - Way to power through!
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Took me a while to find the thread!!! :blush: I went AWOL at the end of march but let's try this again! My target for April is 50km. Aiming to run 3-4 km 4-5 times a week. I am very stretched for time so can't do longer runs at the moment but a short run is better than none right?! :smile:

4/1 - 4km - 4/50
    4/2 - 0 rest day - 4/50
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I had to Google Nusrat Fatah Ali Kahn, but I'm diggin' it. Anything upbeat and I can't sit still.

Serious (ly) wish sirus would add some international channels.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    April 2018
    04.01.18 - 10 m. / 60 minutes on bike trainer.
    04.02.18 - 3.5 m EZ. / Swim

Upcoming Events:
    04.07.18 - Yakima River Canyon Marathon / 52nd Birthday.
    05.06.18 - Flying Pig Marathon.
    05.20.18 - IronMan 70.3 Chattanooga
    07.14.18 - IronMan 70.3 Muncie
    07.29.18 - IronMan 70.3 Ohio

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    4/1: 2.5 miles
    4/2: 3.1 miles

My scheduled run for today was a 3 mile tempo, but of course, I let my watch go over to 3.01, and I couldn’t handle the unevenness; I was “that person” running in circles in front of my house until I hit 3.1.

Upcoming Races:
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30

Reading the comments here (and looking very hard at myself too), I think most of us are "that person".
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I'm so angry I don't even know where to begin. I should have known from the first word out of the orthopedist's mouth that he was a bad fit - my husband was wearing a 5k shirt and the doctor's first words were, "You're not a RUNNER?" We thought he was joking but he wasn't joking - he said he believed in treating conservatively which means I'm not supposed to to anything for the foreseeable future and likewise he will do nothing. I explained wanting to get better so I could run and he said he didn't recommend running at any time for anyone and that I should get my exercise from swimming or cycling instead. Too angry to communicate with him in a very helpful fashion, but I did eventually get him to recommend me to a sports doctor who might actually someday help me, who can't give me an appointment for another TWO WEEKS. I explained that I literally can't go without exercise because I'm not on medication and I control my diabetes through exercise, and he said "Two weeks of high blood sugar won't kill you."

What an *kitten*. Hope the next guy doesn't also have his head... UP. :angry:

I saw 6 doctors before I had an accurate diagnoses for my glute/piriformis/nerve impingment, and that was over the course of almost 5 years.

Hang tough to those two weeks. I'd get some exercise-run, if you can tolerate it.