Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just reading your posts from the last few weeks and started following.
    March 26th: full effort this week.
    You're inspiring! Keep up the good work :D
    I'm along with you: full effort the remainder of the week. No snacks today
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Ok will try my best today. Nice to see someone is paying attention lol Katz don't give up. We all slip up. Good luck
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Ok I just escape the Easter candy section with just stuff for the wife and kids. Now is just have to not eat any of it tomarrow. Happy holidays and good luck.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Ate pizza for dinner last night with brownies. Half hungry, mostly just feeling bad. Same old, same old. Going to the grocery store later to buy better stuff.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I guess there’s two ways to go- either you have a cut off time for eating and you don’t eat after that time or you save some of your calories for a snack later on. Have a calorie counted snack bag in the fridge made up.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Also, you could perhaps consider IF- I have my first meal as late as possible in the day and then I can have a more substantial dinner so I don’t feel hungry in the evening.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I am glad some people out here are paying attention. Thanks for the advice. I have been at this a long time and trying to stay on track.I made this post up just to see what others do to stay in line also just to go off an rant lol . Happy holidays and thanks for taking to time out to help.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Ate pizza for dinner last night with brownies. Half hungry, mostly just feeling bad. Same old, same old. Going to the grocery store later to buy better stuff.

Katz don't worry I know you can back on track. just for the record a double giant bologna sandwich last night for dinner. Good luck
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Had some jellybeans and few eggs not to bad for easter.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know the whole intermittent fasting is highly debatable, so I will only speak to personal experience. For me, "IF" like so many things including "fasted cardio", late night eating, eating slowly, etc... is a very mental thing, which in turn can lead to better progress.

I stick to a 10 hour window to eat in every day, that keeps me eating all the time during my window, then outside of that, I just don't eat, so snacks are not part of the deal, I quit being hungry outside of my window after like 2 weeks, now I just never think about eating after like 5-6. It's really worked for me and is now the only reason I'm really sticking with IF.

During my window I routinely grab 1oz of roasted salted almonds though, almost daily.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I ate pizza for a late snack. I need to have a good food day today.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have the yasso Greek yogurt ice cream bars as a snack. Love the cookie dough one. Every night I have a good dinner and a snack. Pre log it.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    I have them too . They are very good. Determined to have a good food day. Armed with sugar-free Jell-O and light whipped cream LOL. Thanks for the help good luck
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Had a good food day yesterday no snacks late. Hoping to build on it today. Good local
  • Ralphone
    Options
    So boring save me I want a snack
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,785 Member
    Options
    Drink some water, and go 4 a walk......
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Why are you bored? :(
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Good news made it to lunch with out snack. Thanks for the help
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Had a stressed-out moment yesterday eat too many Twizzlers. Hope to do better today started off good had a light English muffin for breakfast good luck to all
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great start to your day.........today is a new day indeed! Now to arm yourself with healthy snacks that you can eat when you are stressed........good fuel for your body to use. My go to snack when I need to snack is one serving of roasted nuts with sea salt (26g per serving....160 calories) Not many nuts.........costs a lot of calories however they keep me feeling fuller for longer.......I eat them one at a time and will not pop another one in my mouth until I have enjoyed the current one.....Then I dig into that good ole belly filling water, coffee or tea : ). Good luck to all and stay strong!