JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,767 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Mamiof4Ruratz. I started this group myself very recently, it is amazing!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 4/5
    log
    yoga class!
    drink 80
    painting rocks
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Past couple of days I've been doing well on kj count :+1:
    I'm still not feeling up to exercising yet but gradually able to do just a bit more of everything each day, so I tell myself that soon enough I'll be at it again.

Day 60 something, (I'd have to check... the records are down the other end of the house... OH YOU SO LAZY)
    avoid gluten and dairy
    limit kj - stay green
    limit sugar
    Eat what I want - don't substitute (except for mayonnaise, always less mayonnaise :sweat_smile: )

repeat after me: Don't look for society to give you permission to be yourself.- Steve Maraboli
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! There was over 50 posts after I posted my goals the night before last!! No wonder we are past 150 pages already! I wish I could reply to everyone but I'm logged on with my phone and it's a lot harder to type them here then on my laptop. Lol.

@Bex953172 Casey is one heck of a beautiful baby!

@cschmitz110515 You got the storm we're going to get tonight/tomorrow. I'm not excited for it! It's spring for gosh sakes! Lol.

@Snowflake1968 I'm going to steal your idea of 10 somethings every hour! I already do 20 calf raises/toe raises when I brush my teeth. Lol

@joan6630 I have a 24oz blender bottle that I use as a water bottle. I love it. I drink between 4-6 a day. Lol. I'm lucky because my office has 3 ice cube trays that I keep filled so I have plenty of ice to go with my water. Lol.

I still have about 15 minutes left on my break. Lol. I guess I'll look the guesstimate the salad I had for lunch. Lol.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Holy Crow! There was over 50 posts after I posted my goals the night before last!! No wonder we are past 150 pages already! I wish I could reply to everyone but I'm logged on with my phone and it's a lot harder to type them here then on my laptop. Lol.

@Bex953172 Casey is one heck of a beautiful baby!

@cschmitz110515 You got the storm we're going to get tonight/tomorrow. I'm not excited for it! It's spring for gosh sakes! Lol.

@Snowflake1968 I'm going to steal your idea of 10 somethings every hour! I already do 20 calf raises/toe raises when I brush my teeth. Lol

@joan6630 I have a 24oz blender bottle that I use as a water bottle. I love it. I drink between 4-6 a day. Lol. I'm lucky because my office has 3 ice cube trays that I keep filled so I have plenty of ice to go with my water. Lol.

I still have about 15 minutes left on my break. Lol. I guess I'll look the guesstimate the salad I had for lunch. Lol.

Steal away! I normally, dance, do Zumba type moves, lunges, pacing, wall push ups and squats for 10 minutes at a time and count it as 10 minutes of slow walking. It's working according to the scale anyway LOL
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    JFT, Wed
    1. concentrate on water. My weight is WAY up --- so discouraging (yes, seeing that 2 before my weight YIKES). I know part of this is because of all the ham (and candy too), that I've been eating, but have to get that number on the scale down! So disgusted with myself. :) 7 glasses down!
    2. log all food :) I was doing so good until my daughter came out. then ... just that quick... I scarf down 6 graham crackers. :s So today I am going to make a list of what to do when I get stressed.
    3. 5 servings fruits and v eggies :)
    4. sip water tonite - no snacking on anything :)
    5. finish up quilt :)
    6. finish up chemo hats so they can be picked up :)

JFT, THurs
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym :) Already done.
    3. concentrate on water - 8 glasses
    4. make a list of alternative things to do when I get stressed out and want to eat
    5. work on chemo hats. I've been making thinner, pastels, but with this cold weather .... make more heavier ones.
    6. get back on here... be accountable.. \\

Water Challenge

Apr 1: 0 glasses
    Apr 2: 8 glasses
    Apr 3: 4 glasses
    Apr 4: 6 glasses!
    April 5: 7 glasses
  • mytime6630
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    Did well last night and only ate what I brought. Avoided the ice cream and toppings that everyone else was eating.
    Getting closer to being in the green. Not quite there but still managed to lose 5 pounds

Karen

Great job! Congrats on the 5 pounds!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I weighed myself this morning, I was down 1.4 pounds since Sunday. I'm not adding it on here yet though, I'll wait until Sunday. I was just being anxiously curious.

1.4 pounds is great!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Tuesday recap

Was well within calories till I got home and found pizza on the counter. Drat. Two pieces inhaled as I was super tired and stressed. Stopped there tho. Could usually eat 4 pieces.

Pizza is one of my weaknesses too! I always pat myself on the back when I stop at 2 pieces, because I normally would also eat 4!! Good job!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday April 3

Do 10 Something's every hour
    Write an introduction, welcoming page for a new training manual - I have been trying to get this worded correctly for 2 days now.
    Continue 10 Something's at home

I love your 10 something's idea! I might have to steal that one from you! :)

What kind of training manual are you writing? I was a trainer for 24 years in IT before taking this new job about 4 months ago. :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    FT, Tues

JFT, Wed
    1. concentrate on water. My weight is WAY up --- so discouraging (yes, seeing that 2 before my weight YIKES). I know part of this is because of all the ham (and candy too), that I've been eating, but have to get that number on the scale down! So disgusted with myself.

I weigh more right now than I ever have...except when pregnant with twins. I'm also feeling very disgusted with myself, so I know that feeling. But we are still here every day and that is a big step in the right direction. We truly CAN do this!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    4jhq7s5gdfnk.jpg

Here’s Casey! 5 and a half weeks now!
    Getting big haha
    If you’re wondering why she has leggings wrapped round her neck, all her bibs are in the wash, that was the best I could come up with hahaha

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    So glad I accidentally stumbled on this group..

I can't wait to start threading with you on a daily. Seems like a great support group here..

Welcome!!! We are happy your stumbled onto this group to! :smiley:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Still chugging along here and having some success but I feel like I’m having to be hyper vigilant because I’m less active while off work for the school holidays. And that is a bit draining and perhaps not altogether healthy emotionally. I don’t know - still feel like I’m striving for balance and not quite attaining it.

Oh well. Recap:
    Goals for Thursday-
    - early exercise ✅
    - Water! Bit too much Diet Pepsi and coffee still. But making efforts with decaf and still v hydrated so not beating myself up about this one! ;)
    - Stay in calorie goal ✅
    - Do 6-8 more reports ✅ did them all - yippee!
    - Maybe lunchtime hot yoga :| no, but I instead got all those report sections done and am now slightly ahead of the game work-wise. Feel so good to have got that done! Plus apparently the heating system isn’t working properly at the yoga studio which slightly defeats the purpose of hot yoga! :D
    - Early night! ✅

Tomorrow’s goals:
    - exercise early (try and compete it all before kids up)
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Aim for 10k steps
    - Take L to pottery cafe
    - Spend some time out in the sunshine
    - Laundry
    - Buy flowers as thank you for V
    - Early night

Wishing you all a peaceful and successful end to the week x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday April 3

Do 10 Something's every hour
    Write an introduction, welcoming page for a new training manual - I have been trying to get this worded correctly for 2 days now.
    Continue 10 Something's at home

I love your 10 something's idea! I might have to steal that one from you! :)

What kind of training manual are you writing? I was a trainer for 24 years in IT before taking this new job about 4 months ago. :smile:

Go right ahead and steal away! It's been pretty easy to accomplish for me, but I'm very lucky and have a private office.
    I started with a new company 2 months ago and I am working with our Corporate Risk Manager updating policies, procedures, forms. I am rewriting the Dispatcher's Training Manual. The Introduction is done now and he loved it. Now for the rest of the manual! LOL
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Wanted to let you know, I tried your Tiny Habits trick for one thing that I usually forget first thing in morning, and think I'm beginning a habit! Thanks for the tip. :smiley:

Awesome! I'm glad it helped. I've got 3 of them down, and am starting a new set of 3 next week. :smile: It really helped me!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Thursday goals
    Sleep enough to work again tonight.
    Stick to meals and snacks that I have packed with me

Did well last night and only ate what I brought. Avoided the ice cream and toppings that everyone else was eating.
    Getting closer to being in the green. Not quite there but still managed to lose 5 pounds

Karen

Wow!!! 5 pounds! That is wonderful! You go, girl!