Less Alcohol- April 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 you have been inspiring! I hope the party was fun AF. I went to a wedding in Jan when I was dry. It was fun but not “as” fun, mostly because of that mental thought process - like feeling punished. The next day I was so grateful to feel awesome, but I definitely didn’t want to stay late at the party by any means. I also hung out at the dessert table a little too much ha!

I am laughing because I did hang out at the food and dessert table, too!

I am happy to hear you're having a wonderful time in Mexico! And I bet the margaritas taste amazing; I imagine them being a real one and no mix involved. Xo

The birthday girl and her husband do not drink. He is also an alcohol addiction counselor as well as a member of AA for about 10 years now. I wanted to pick his brain and share with our group what worked for him. But at the party, there wasnt time.
    I did tell him that it feels like a punishment sometimes being AF, and he said that feeling definitely fades. Now, he rarely ever think about alcohol. But he also does still attend AA once in awhile.

• RubyRed427
    Options

@Leeg5656 and @ehseeker Yes, Mad Men is the worst show you can watch while quitting alcohol. Haha. They are constantly pouring a stiff drink and yet still able to work at the office. Except for Don Draper, it is not working for him after awhile.

Agreed about Mad Men! I stuck it out for four episodes because of all the rave reviews but one of the main reasons I stopped watching is that I found the constant drinking, smoking, and sexual harassing to be distracting and ultimately, tiresome! Ok, we get it! They drank and smoke and harassed women! All the time! Constantly! We get it! Lol.

Nice to hear from you:)
  • ckfromedmonton
    ckfromedmonton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but in! No alcohol for the month.
  • lisamoravec
    lisamoravec Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Had one drink this entire week! Feeling good!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options

JenT304 wrote: »
    I've just discovered a delicious mocktail on the inside of the Lipton Lemon Ginger tea box. Brew a cup of this tea and refrigerate. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer and a squeeze of lime. This is very refreshing and I can picture myself sitting on the patio (if it ever warms up here) and enjoying this. I've never had/bought ginger beer and it was more expensive than I thought it would be, but still cheaper and less damaging to my organs and waistline than wine.

thanks for sharing, @JenT304! this sounds great!

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @salleewins and my dear @WinoGelato for your kind welcomes.
    donimfp wrote: »
    Kate said “Sobriety delivers what alcohol promises.”

@donimfp That's a really great quote!
  • nickiwalsh5
    nickiwalsh5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok I broke it in the very first week
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Ok I broke it in the very first week

That's ok! Just start again. Day 1 tomorrow. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    successfully made it through my birthday alcohol-free!

i actually haven't even had cravings for it all day

Happy Birthday Sarah! Wow- you are a strong woman. So happy for you!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    @sarahbums Yay! Good for you! <3
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @twyla77 Yahoo! You did so well. And also don't forget , you saved yourself from potential headaches and hangover. Now, you strengthened your willpower muscle!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @donimfp You are an entrepreneur at heart. Sounds like you have some great ideas bubbling to the surface. The Sober School's message is perfect for you. (And Us) Looking forward to hearing about your journey. Xoxo