Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why do people deny CICO ?

Options

Replies

• kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    kuftae wrote: »
    Eating processed foods, carbs and sugar really do make me feel like garbage. I don't think I am alone in this. It is WAY easier to eat vegetables, eggs, lean meat and water only if you are going for a steep cut (2lbs+ per week). With a clean diet I can go to bed full on 1700 calories easy (1200 cal deficit). I can't imagine getting through a day after having a 400+ calorie sugary snack. I would wake up the next day with a sugar hangover unable to move. Whatever keeps you sane though.

Calories in-- calories out means everything though. I maintain and gain weight on the same foods, just more volume (and a lot of added butter!)

Vegetables have carbohydrates.

Also, fruit is one of the foods highest in carbs by percentage, and yet few people claim to feel like garbage because they eat fruit. So yeah, I do think that's kind of unusual, although there are others who claim carbs in general make them feel bad.

Of course, most of the healthiest human diets (the blue zones) are reasonably high carb.

and high in fiber.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Eating processed foods, carbs and sugar really do make me feel like garbage. I don't think I am alone in this. It is WAY easier to eat vegetables, eggs, lean meat and water only if you are going for a steep cut (2lbs+ per week). With a clean diet I can go to bed full on 1700 calories easy (1200 cal deficit). I can't imagine getting through a day after having a 400+ calorie sugary snack. I would wake up the next day with a sugar hangover unable to move. Whatever keeps you sane though.

Calories in-- calories out means everything though. I maintain and gain weight on the same foods, just more volume (and a lot of added butter!)

Vegetables have carbohydrates.

Also, fruit is one of the foods highest in carbs by percentage, and yet few people claim to feel like garbage because they eat fruit. So yeah, I do think that's kind of unusual, although there are others who claim carbs in general make them feel bad.

Of course, most of the healthiest human diets (the blue zones) are reasonably high carb.

and high in fiber.

What does this have to do with you claiming that carbohydrates make you feel like garbage?

The main difference between eating bread and broccoli is the fiber. It is a lot about glucose spikes. It has also been shown that diets absent of fiber create breeding grounds for an unhealthy micro-biome. A lot of it comes down to inflammation.

Yes, there are differences between foods containing carbohydrates. That's why I had trouble understanding your initial statement: "Carbs . . . really do make me feel like garbage." I feel like bread and broccoli serve really different functions in my diet (although neither one makes me feel like garbage).

The point is that many people, including some of the healthiest people in the world and some of the best athletes in the world, include carbohydrate-containing foods in their diet. Even you, despite your claim about how they make you feel, say you eat vegetables, foods that contain carbohydrates. I'm having trouble understanding your claims, to be honest.

Do you eat broccoli despite the fact that it makes you feel like garbage?

His diary sure doesn't reflect a high fiber diet.

hmmn, I haven't logged in weeks. What are you seeing?