A gallon a day

I challenge you all to drink a gallon of water a day with me this will be a big challenge but I know with the help of you all and your motivation I will reach my goal every day.

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    I already do I bought a gallon bottle from my protein .com fill it at the beginning of the day and either drink straight from it or fill my cups from it till it's empty. Prepare to pee ALOT at first till your body gets used to it once that happens you will notice when you don't drink enough :)
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2018
    I will join you. I usually do not have a problem drinking up to and over a gallon a day, but two three times a year, I seem to have difficulty taking in more than 60 - 90 ozs daily. I don't know what that's about. This past week I've been improving on my intake. This challenge could help me stay on track. Thank you @latoyadwilliams98 for posting this timely challenge! :smiley: I'll report tonight, so far today it's not going well :neutral:
  • tiabirdie56
    I support all efforts to drink more water, and want to share this.

I weigh 174lbs and was told by my doctors to drink at least 2 quarts a day, but not more than 3 quarts. Something about washing out the minerals. I used to drink a gallon happily.Took me a little while to decrease it. Next time you see your docs, you could check. Of course, in hot weather or exercising more, drink more water!!
    That makes sense on a normal reduced calorie plan. I'm doing intermittent fasting and keto. I have to replace electrolytes everyday.
  • tiabirdie56
    72 ounces and its 8pm. Its not looking promising, but I still have some vitamins to take which is always good for 32 ounces.
  • Mfastpace
    Mfastpace Posts: 1 Member
    I would like to join this challenge! I really struggle to get enough water in daily. I will be buying a Gallon jug tomorrow to keep me on track!!
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    I came up short but I got in 98 oz. That's a new high for me. I did get up three times last night, that's only one more than usual for me.
    I like tiabirdie56 am on intermittent fasting with keto. Just started 2 days ago and getting all the vegetables in is my biggest concern (potassium replacement)
    I bought lemons today to help with the water intake not even half way through my water today, been out most of the day. Yesterday I drank most of the water at room temperature I can't say that made it any better. Any tips would be helpful. How did everyone else do?
  • tiabirdie56
    4/13 - 96 ozs
    4/14 -128
  • tiabirdie56
    GMgetsfit wrote: »
    I came up short but I got in 98 oz. That's a new high for me. I did get up three times last night, that's only one more than usual for me.
    I like tiabirdie56 am on intermittent fasting with keto. Just started 2 days ago and getting all the vegetables in is my biggest concern (potassium replacement)
    I bought lemons today to help with the water intake not even half way through my water today, been out most of the day. Yesterday I drank most of the water at room temperature I can't say that made it any better. Any tips would be helpful. How did everyone else do?

>GMgetsfit, I've been on keto for 2 months, but after 3 weeks I began adding a few more vegetables to my diet. I can eat up to 5 cups of leafy greens and a 1/2 cup cooked vegetable without going over my net carbs or kicking me out of ketosis. You just have to add them in gradually and see how it affects you.

For added potassium, initially, I was using 1 tsp of cream of tartar in 16 ozs of water daily. One tsp of cream of tartar has 495mg of potassium. Now I make an electrolyte drink of 1/6 tsp pink salt, 1/6 tsp nu-salt, 5 sprays of ingestible magnesium oil and 5 drops of liquid msm.

I usually drink one half gallon of water before I break my fast. 16 ozs upon waking and 16 ozs every hour until 12 or 1pm or until I feel hungry. Then I drink another 64 ozs throughout the day. Fresh lemon juice helps a lot (carbs though) when water drinking becomes difficult for me, also sparkling waters, like Perrier and LA Croix.

Send me a friend request if you'd like. I have opened my diary to friends. Maybe you can gain some insight that would be helpful to you.
  • tiabirdie56
    edited April 2018
    4/13 - 96 ozs
    4/14- 128 ozs
    4/15 - 91 ozs - started very late
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    4/13 98ozs
    4/14 84 ozs
    4/15 90 ozs
    todays the day I feel it !

@tiabirdie56 I'm impressed, I want to do it like you :)
    I'm going to the store today I'll get sparkling water, and nu-salt
    did you get ingestable mag. spray and msm (whatever that is ...lol) from the health food store I'm sure they can educate me on msm.
    I'm going to try your water drinking pattern and sending a friend request.
    Today it the day!
    Thanks for sharing I didn't even add my lemon juice to my food dairy... oops
  • tiabirdie56
    edited April 2018
    @GMgetsfit, You're welcome and you're doing great! Believe me, drinking a gallon of water a day is a plan and a process. Plans are individual and changeable. Mine has changed several times over the years.

MSM is sulfur for joint health. There is a liquid form combined with chondroitin and glucosamine. The msm drops I'm currently using are for eye health. I like the powdered form better. The magnesium oil spray that I use is said to be pure enough to be sprayed in water and ingested or sprayed on the skin to be absorbed. Stings a little. Research. I bought it on Amazon.
  • tiabirdie56
    edited April 2018
    Water

4/13 - 96 ozs
    4/14 -128 ozs
    4/15 - 91 ozs - started very late
    4/16 - 128 ozs
  • tiabirdie56
    WATER

4/13 - 96 ozs