Like Minded Lushes August 2011

Options

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Going to the baseball game tomorrow............................................Drinking on a Thursday! Hhmmmmm!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Oy, sorry I've been MIA lately! School year (as usual) is kicking my a$s...I haven't really been drinking a ton either. However, I've not been working out and stress-eating, so...yeah. I'm not quite back to where I was when I started, but I'm not feeling super great. Meh.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, bottle of skinny margs
    Wednesday, bottle of red wine

Total: 10

The lushiness continues...
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh my fellow lushes...I'm having a difficult Thursday...it's normally my drink & smoke day but I'm trying to hang on till the weekend at least tomorrow or saturday. LOL

Sheesh I feel really "sad" in that pathetic way. :D
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I have been noticing something with me...since I'm on a low carb diet, when I drink to excess (low carb drinks, of course, like vodka and diet ginger ale), even once a week, my weight stalls. I'm not sure if the two are related, but another week, I had several nights of drinking just a couple of drinks, and I lost. I wonder if there's anything to that. I might try an experiment...a couple weeks of drinking several nights a week but only having a couple drinks at a time, instead of getting hammered on my usual Saturday night.

Interesting! I am doing carb cycling. I'll keep that in mind.

BIG FAT 0's SO FAR! Which is quite a triumph because last night I had a committee meeting at a restaurant and ordered only a diet coke when everyone was drinking and after met some fmaily at a bar and had another diet along with 1 piece of pizza and some bean dip.

Success! Now only to decide if I drinking tonight for kickball....
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Making today a mini cleanse day in prep for our Boston trip. Can't wait! Nails are nice and bright, costume is picked out, we just have to drop the pups off and then we are Boston bound with buds! Today it's absolutely beautiful out, spending some time on the deck with the fur babies before I put in a 2 hour bike ride. Our deck couch arrives Monday and I cannot wait to be able to sit out on the deck in shade or relax on a beautiful summer night =]
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA as well. Even though my attempts to be less of a lush are less than successful, my workouts have been brutal. I measured myself this week and compared it to measurements taken in March. Despite only a few pounds lost, I have lost 14 inches around my waist, hips, and back! Carry on lushes. If the diet and exercise are on track, a bit of cheating may slow, but not derail, our progress.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been sort of lushy, I drank a couple of beers on Sunday, maybe three. Monday I had a glass of white and a marg, Tuesday I had 4 bud lights, and last night I poured myself a drink, a self-made skinny marg made with tequila, triple sec, lime juice and club soda. tonight we are having mexican food and I might have a marg, seems like a marg-y week!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I have been sort of lushy, I drank a couple of beers on Sunday, maybe three. Monday I had a glass of white and a marg, Tuesday I had 4 bud lights, and last night I poured myself a drink, a self-made skinny marg made with tequila, triple sec, lime juice and club soda. tonight we are having mexican food and I might have a marg, seems like a marg-y week!

Mmmm now I want a margarita!!!!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hello lushes!

Made it through another night. The girls broke out some wine at the dinner party last night but I had the kiddo with me so I refrained.

Sun 0
    Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed 0

Going for a full week and seeing if I make it through the weekend.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Oops I'm already making a conscious decision to have a glass of wine tonight despite saying I wasn't going to drink until Saturday night. Oh well it was offered and it seemed rude to refuse :-)
  • ItsMeTime
    Options
    So week #2- SUPER LUSHY!! (and its only thursday-yikes)

M- no clue- im going to say 8
    T- none, hang over city (whataburger :(
    W- 3 BIG ones
    T- 0 (as I am working)

Check back with yall after the wkend

BACHELORETTE PARTY (not mine) on saturday so im thinking that will be another high drink count
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Oops I'm already making a conscious decision to have a glass of wine tonight despite saying I wasn't going to drink until Saturday night. Oh well it was offered and it seemed rude to refuse :-)

Yes, lushes must have good manners....
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

Right, and it would be wasteful if it was already poured. Alcohol should be neither abused nor neglected:)
    my "add smiley" button seems to be broken. is it just me?
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes!
    After what we should refer to as 'The Friday Night Fiasco' with at least 2 bottles of wine consumed on my part, I thought I would be on the sobriety wagon for a while....
    I had 1.5 glasses of wine last night, and about to pour one now. BUT -- I am very proud of myself for going 4 days booze free :) 4 zero days in a row is hard -- limiting it to 2 drinks a day is easy to do...
    being back in the classroom has me breaking all sorts of my rules! I usually won't drink on days I don't work out, but I think working a 10 hour day, most of it spent with HS freshmen and moving furniture in my classroom should allow at least one, if not two drinks!

Hope everyone is getting ready for an awesome weekend!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have a drink or two tonight but my mini cleanse day consisted of 2 big salads, a coffee, a couple small pieces of hardly breaded buffalo chicken "wings" and a 2 hour bike ride which got rid of 6.8 lbs of water weight. I think even one glass of wine would do me in haha. I should wait anyway as I'm sure the drinks will start flowing as soon as we get to Boston tomorrow night =] We'll see what happens in the next few hours though.
  • sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    I lost you all for a while there. School is back on Monday in Scotland. I've been in this week to get stuff set up. Not going to be a good week. It will be birthday number 34 (eep) on Tuesday so family will be round on Sunday. It was my parents' wedding anniversary yesterday and its the last official day of the holidays. All feeble excuses to justify that drinking will be done.
    Total for this week.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - bottle of white
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 1/2 bottle of Champagne, 3 glasses of wine

Happy Weekend all I'm going to give my liver a kickin'.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tueday-16oz of wine
    Wednesday-16oz of wine
    Thursday-2 margaritas (made with Crystal light) and 12oz of wine
    Friday-2.5 margaritas and 1/2 flight of beer

We are going out to a BYOB mexican restaurant tonight for my sister-in-laws bday. The best thing about this place is they serve "complimentary" margaritas, teehee!!! Love it! I will have to limit it because I'm driving so that's good for me, cause usually I lose count!!!!

And yes smileys are not working, booo!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday lushes!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Right, and it would be wasteful if it was already poured. Alcohol should be neither abused nor neglected:)
    And I always finish what's in my glass...
    I've even been known to finish what's in someone else's glass. Lightweights...*shakes head*