New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    02jc97c1e440.jpg
    Safeway's Signature Reserve line continues to be pretty impressive so far. I really like their Colombian Cold Brew Caramel ice cream. It's got a coffee base with salted caramel swirls and a few chocolate chip pieces. The ice cream tastes almost exactly like Häagen-Dazs coffee ice cream, which is one of my favorite coffee ice creams. It's not quite as dense as that, but still denser than regular ice cream. The salted caramel swirls are delicious, though the saltiness of it is not subtle. The chocolate chips are fine, but I could do without them.
    rx581dmwavdy.jpg
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    c7fycrvdm7ut.jpeg
    The 3rd flavor, vanilla bean, got in my belly before I could snap a pic. OMG
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    c7fycrvdm7ut.jpeg
    The 3rd flavor, vanilla bean, got in my belly before I could snap a pic. OMG

Dessert hummus confuses me just as much as the concept of a dessert guacamole... o.o But then again, I know there are some recipes circulating online for brownies using chickpeas as an ingredient to keep the fat content low while staying creamy. But then again, there are also quite a bit of food swaps with guacamole... I really hope this doesn't spiral downwards as much as I'm imagining here. Did this actually taste like a dessert? Did you eat it by itself, or did you put it on anything? Does it go on veggie sticks, ice cream, or toast? I'm still so, so confused...
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    busyPK wrote: »
    Skinny Cow rocky road is awesome - love it and it's my favorite of all the low calorie ice cream I've had. I also tried the oh fudge cookie one and wasn't that impressed and won't buy it again. My other favorite right now is the Chilly Cow brownie batter.

Thanks, I was going to buy the oh fudge cookie flavor - will try the rocky road first now!

I like that Chilly Cow has 1/2 pint sizes. Once a pint is opened I always finish it (I'm an all or nothing guy)! They don't have it available in my usual stores, I will have to make a special trip for it. I will need to give the brownie batter flavor a try.

I love Chilly Cow! and I have to agree I think its a great idea they portion it out for you.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    hgycta wrote: »

Dessert hummus confuses me just as much as the concept of a dessert guacamole... o.o But then again, I know there are some recipes circulating online for brownies using chickpeas as an ingredient to keep the fat content low while staying creamy. But then again, there are also quite a bit of food swaps with guacamole... I really hope this doesn't spiral downwards as much as I'm imagining here. Did this actually taste like a dessert? Did you eat it by itself, or did you put it on anything? Does it go on veggie sticks, ice cream, or toast? I'm still so, so confused...

Probably would be good with the cinnamon sugar pita chips that many stores carry, snickerdoodle in particular. Though I find them odd too. Tried the brownie but didn’t interest me. My sister liked it though.
  • justjara123
    justjara123 Posts: 63 Member
    Booty Bands (the brand). I’ve never worked out with resistance bands before but the name is just so cute I might try them out. If anyone has a set, do let me know how they work for someone who lifts light-moderate weights for leg days.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Booty Bands (the brand). I’ve never worked out with resistance bands before but the name is just so cute I might try them out. If anyone has a set, do let me know how they work for someone who lifts light-moderate weights for leg days.

I definitely dig the name.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »

Probably would be good with the cinnamon sugar pita chips that many stores carry, snickerdoodle in particular. Though I find them odd too. Tried the brownie but didn’t interest me. My sister liked it though.

I loved the brownie batter hummus! Garbanzo beans carry different flavors surprisingly well.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    haha I have chocolate dessert hummus in the fridge. It's been there for couple of weeks now, unopened because I can't bring myself to open and try it. I hope it's good!
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    arya8 wrote: »
    haha I have chocolate dessert hummus in the fridge. It's been there for couple of weeks now, unopened because I can't bring myself to open and try it. I hope it's good!

Too funny...same exact situation here!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »

Too funny...same exact situation here!

I'm going to try mine today! haha
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    I finally found the enlightened marshmallow treats and this was a massive disappointment. Absolutely no taste whatsoever. Maybe I’ve been eating too much sugar lately and my taste buds are being weird but this honestly tasted like nothing.

Filled me up fine but I certainly won’t buy again.

~Lyssa
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    I finally found the enlightened marshmallow treats and this was a massive disappointment. Absolutely no taste whatsoever. Maybe I’ve been eating too much sugar lately and my taste buds are being weird but this honestly tasted like nothing.

Filled me up fine but I certainly won’t buy again.

~Lyssa

I was very disappointed as well. I had birthday cake and it was bland and hard as rock.
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member

Boo! I tried the dairy free halo top once because I got it by mistake and it was horrible! One spoonful and I had enough.

UGH!! I accidentally bought the dairy free Caramel Macchiato this weekend and it was disguisting. I ate half the pint all the while trying to figure out why it was so disappointing this time...finally noticed it was dairy free when I was putting it away. GROSS. They really need to mark the dairy free line better...they look identical the the regular pints!!

• Jashwood92
    Jashwood92 Posts: 38 Member
    Lenzi red lentil pasta :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

FINALLY. I snagged some Pancakes and Waffles right after Halo Top hit Canada and I have been out of luck since, but this week I found Birthday Cake and Mint Chip and bought six of each, and they're basically everything I hoped from a pint of ice cream under 400 calories. So good!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    peleroja wrote: »
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

FINALLY. I snagged some Pancakes and Waffles right after Halo Top hit Canada and I have been out of luck since, but this week I found Birthday Cake and Mint Chip and bought six of each, and they're basically everything I hoped from a pint of ice cream under 400 calories. So good!

And you hadn't tried those flavors yet? Wow, quite daring.....
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Okay, my searching this giant thread is not working. I know people have tried the Ben & Jerry's low-cal pints. What was the consensus? Any flavors worth it?

Also, has anyone tried the Yasso pints?