• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    Just had a good snack halo and strawberries go me
  • Ralphone
    Last night 200am pbj won :/
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Eek..2am snacking..you must be going to bed too hungry to wake up and need to eat. Are you eating too low cal during the day? I didn’t do too bad tonight as I stuck below my cal goal but snacked on popcorn..I need to cut the salt in my diet! I feel like as days go by it’s getting harder to eat cleanly
  • Ralphone
    Keep trying. I think you may be right about calories. But I am kinda stuck around the same wheat for a long time. Okay well PBJ 2 good luck. Thanks for the help.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Have you tried freezing some fruit for snack? I love frozen grapes or frozen bananas. Of course, there are days when only Ben and Jerry's will do. I try to make myself earn it though. I still go over on calories at times but doing better. Today I ate some miniature chocolates before I walked out the door at work. So I adjusted my night meal to include mostly vegetables. I changed my work snack to a 90 calorie rice krispy snack instead of my usual 210 calorie protein bar. I hope some of these suggestions help. I keep my diary open. I don't care if strangers know what I eat.
  • Ralphone
    ereck44 wrote: »
    Have you tried freezing some fruit for snack? I love frozen grapes or frozen bananas. Of course, there are days when only Ben and Jerry's will do. I try to make myself earn it though. I still go over on calories at times but doing better. Today I ate some miniature chocolates before I walked out the door at work. So I adjusted my night meal to include mostly vegetables. I changed my work snack to a 90 calorie rice krispy snack instead of my usual 210 calorie protein bar. I hope some of these suggestions help. I keep my diary open. I don't care if strangers know what I eat.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Night time snacking he's my biggest problem. I really like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. But I'm willing to give anything a try. Thanks for taking time out to help me out good luck
  • EllyGo
    EllyGo Posts: 5 Member
    I sympathize. Majorly unable to resist temptation these days. Since I try not to keep snacks I like a lot in the house I even find myself eating foods I don’t like that much. I know every diet trick imaginable and unfortunately find myself saying F it and eating anyway. Hope it’s a bad phase I’m going through and I can get back on track soon.
  • Ralphone
    We all have our ups and downs. I know you can get back on track. Good luck and thanks for checking out my post

• karenforya
    karenforya Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I'm new as of today. I hear you on the evening temptation of snacking. Very difficult. But I've felt motivation and hope for the first time in awhile. I love Mfp. This is an amazing tool. Just knowing I have support. The struggle is real. But so is the hope of this Mfp community!
  • Ralphone
    Some try to give me a slice of pizza today at work. I said no . Me 1 snack 0
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Hows it goin fellow snakers and snackettes?!? Things out this way are going pretty good. I am having a pretty good run at saying no to our snackies. Curious to know if you are up for a little 7 day challenge.... I remember somewhere that it takes 21 days to lock in a new habit..............well how bout lets just shoot for 7. Ok here goes.

The challenge..............For one week............Once we close our MFP for the night...........no more snacks...........we have to close our MFP before midnight which means no more snacks until after we wake back up..........

Anyone interested in joinin meh??

We can simply come in here and say how we did.............goal is to get 7 out of 7.......... No snacks for me after my eating time was up however I will start tomorrow...........

Just in time for the weekend soooooooooooooo lets go : ).
  • Ralphone
    I ll try .still eating a few to many pbj here lol but I will give it a shot
  • REDMANIV
    Just past midnight here where I am at. I had a reasonable breakfast and lunch, skipped dinner and replaced it with a nice workout then got showered up and had a nice filling snack of mixed nuts, trail mix and pork rinds....I am very satisfied and done eating for the night........next food intake will be at breakfast. 1 of 7........yup I am calling it early : ).
  • Ralphone
    No good today that's all I will say
  • REDMANIV
    Today will be a new day. One day at a time. If that is a recent picture of you...you look to be in pretty good shape. Are you in maintenance mode? 2 of 7 on this end, no snacks at all. Had a filling lunch and a filling dinner. Added in a salad with plenty of veggies for lunch and dinner and that seemed to really help keep me satisfied. I just finished up a late work out so my body is like.................feed me.............now. I am going to hold off though. It is after midnight and breakfast is a little under 4 hours a way. Have a great Sunday.
  • Ralphone
    Yeah it is recent I have been at this about 6 yes I think . Stared at 260 at 203 now I want to be 180 . It's hard now just lose a little at a time and I work out 4 to 5 days a week. I
    Still like to snack late.I need to start a streek of no smacking oh well we'll see you tonight good luck chat soon
  • Ralphone
    No snacks last night 4/29
  • REDMANIV
    Great job on the no snacks last night. Awesome job on erasing almost 60 pounds this is impressive! I started around 240, last weigh in I was at 214 pounds. I will weigh in again on the 11th of May. My goal is also to get down into the 180's. No snacks for me again after midnight. 3 of 7 days complete. Lets have a good solid week of no late night snacking.........you can do it!
  • Ralphone
    Thanks for the support. Swe how I do tonight. Have a good day.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Late night snacking is my norm. I work the night shift. Any advice for night shifters?