New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2018
    I just picked up Enlightened Mint Chocolate Chip and tried it for the first time. I like it a lot! It's very minty but not fake tasting, and I love the small, crunchy chips in every bite. I also picked up French Toast, Banana Foster, and Birthday Cake, all new to me. I'll have to update once I try them all ;)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    I just picked up Enlightened Mint Chocolate Chip and tried it for the first time. I like it a lot! It's very minty but not fake tasting, and I love the small, crunchy chips in every bite. I also picked up French Toast, Banana Foster, and Birthday Cake, all new to me. I'll have to update once I try them all ;)

This is more like the ice cream thread. Lol. I can't find french toast. Bananas foster and birthday cake are on my list to get at wegmans. They were out of the banana yesterday. Let me know how that and the birthday cake are. I thought halo top birthday cake was gross. Hoping this is better. I'll add mint chip to my list now
  • skelterhelter

This is more like the ice cream thread. Lol. I can't find french toast. Bananas foster and birthday cake are on my list to get at wegmans. They were out of the banana yesterday. Let me know how that and the birthday cake are. I thought halo top birthday cake was gross. Hoping this is better. I'll add mint chip to my list now

Lol it is! :) I was naughty and sampled each one last night...for scientific purposes ;) The Birthday Cake one was nice! Very plain but had a great frosting flavor. I think you'll like it better than the HT one. Banana Foster has a very distinct banana flavor, but it's more natural than artificial, which I like. And the French Toast tastes strongly of maple. The thing I don't like about both Banana Foster and French Toast is that their swirls have a strong artificial sweetener taste. I mean, they're good. They taste fine flavor wise, but man those swirls are sweet. I like the Mint Chip and Birthday Cake best, I think.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member

There was an article on Slate.com yesterday about snack foods from other countries that inspired me--I'm planning to go to the international market tomorrow and check out some savory recommendations to break up the ice cream reviews. :wink:
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    d3gfbcqdz07s.jpg

Is this new? I just noticed it in Target the other day, and it intrigues me.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Ruatine wrote: »
    d3gfbcqdz07s.jpg

couple months old still havent tried not sure if I'd like it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    d3gfbcqdz07s.jpg

couple months old still havent tried not sure if I'd like it

I'd be all up in those if I had the freezer space.
  • melissa6771
    d3gfbcqdz07s.jpg

Oh man... Cinnamon Toast Crunch is something I stay away from because I love it. Too much. These look interesting. A lot of calories for a little ball of dough with icing. If you try them let us know. I'm making cinnamon rolls with two ingredient dough this weekend. Probably similar taste wise.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I think I will pick them up next time I'm at Target. I like Cinnamon Toast Crunch reasonably well but not so much that I tend to overeat it, so I think I could stick to the serving size of 4 bites and leave it at that. The convenience of warming them in the microwave is nice too.
  • skelterhelter
    Ok, I'm gonna rave about something salty -- Pop Corners Spicy Queso Chips! They are sooo good. They taste like a spicy Nacho Cheese Dorito, but are only 120 calories per serving.
  • melissa6771
    Ok, I'm gonna rave about something salty -- Pop Corners Spicy Queso Chips! They are sooo good. They taste like a spicy Nacho Cheese Dorito, but are only 120 calories per serving.

I just saw those! I love pop corners, the white cheddar are my favorite. This is definitely on my list now. Thank you.
  • skelterhelter

I just saw those! I love pop corners, the white cheddar are my favorite. This is definitely on my list now. Thank you.

You're welcome! I think you'll be pleased! White Cheddar is next on my list :)
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    d3gfbcqdz07s.jpg

I got a box free under a promotion a couple months ago. I won't buy them again. They are fine, but I don't really like the filling, and they don't really taste like donuts to me. Half the box is still in my freezer uneaten.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2018
    This is actually the only flavor so far I didn’t like as much (if not more) than Halo Top or Enlightened. It didn’t have as many cookie dough pieces and the base was kind of boring. Enlightened's cookie dough is 400 calories whereas Halo Top's is 360 calories, opposed to this one being 330 calories, but I'd splurge an extra 30-70 calories in the future on HT or Enlightened. Safeway did a good job executing these low calorie pints but this one is nothing to write home about. The other scandal-less flavors are a lot better. So far the chocolate peanut butter is my favorite (10/10), the salted caramel was delicious (7.5/10), and this one is mediocre (6/10)
    sgg16q1ipiok.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    ribgw4a70h2x.jpg

Didnt get them but i should have
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    I was very surprised that my grocery store had Sweet Habit icecream today. It's about 5 dollars for two pints package so I got the peanut butter and fudge. It started of weird but after a while I got used to the taste. It tastes a bit bitter. But not bad. They have two other flavors that I will try once it goes on sale.

I also got oreo cherry cola and oreo pina colada. I love pina colada but cherry cola tastes nothing like cherry cola. It's very bitter and I don't like it.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I've tried the Cinnamon Toast Crunch balls. They were okay, but not amazing. Kind of like a dry donut hole with a little bit of icing inside. You'd have a better flavor combo buying glazed donut holes, sprinkling with cinnamon sugar and squirt of whipped cream.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    I am totally jonesing for the Mars company to start offering their protein Snickers in the U.S.

Not in stores but you can get them on Amazon
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »
    I am totally jonesing for the Mars company to start offering their protein Snickers in the U.S.

Not in stores but you can get them on Amazon

Yeahhhh, I’ll pass!
    f4rfe1yn6nqy.png