New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    HALO TOP $1.99 @ SHOP RITE

7sdvgl4zczj0.png

We in Canada hate you Americans more and more for reasons such as this lol. To us HT sale means $5.99.

My Shoprite has them on sale for $2.88, is this online only or an app exclusive of some sort? I’m so jealous!!!

It doesn't saying anything about online only or app exclusive its listed under mothers day sales in my flyer
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Anyone ever try these? It is called palmini and is a noodle substitute made out of hearts of palm. 15-20 calories per serving. i'v never tried hearts of palm so I have no clue what they taste like, lol. I guess they were on shark tank and the amazon reviews seem pretty favorable. I'd be curious if they are any good.

I've never tried those noodles, but I've cooked with hearts of palm. They're pretty tasteless and soak up whatever flavor you put with them. And very low calorie. I'd definitely try those noodles if I found them.
  • terrifrei1
    terrifrei1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Boars head makes a limited edition "dark chocolate" hummus. It is out of this world
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    6hr9yymq1ogq.jpeg
    These were good, but not amazing. I wasn’t fond of the texture at first, but it grew on me, and I ended up eating two bags.

The texture was like a grainy, hard cracker, and not really like a pretzel at all. They were way more cracker like, and I would MUCH rather have regular honey mustard pretzels, but for 12g protein per 125 calories, they have way better macros lol.

Nice taste without being too spicy. They didn't have as strong of a honey mustard taste as snyders honey mustard. I was expecting them to be as good as though, and they just weren't. If I had lower expectations, I would have liked them a lot more, but I was expecting them to be just as good as regular honey mustard pretzels. I tried some of there stuff a few years ago (cereal and protein sticks) and they were all terrible, so these are an improvement.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    $1 off coupon for Enlightened!
    http://try.eatenlightened.com/mothers-day-coupon/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=62695668&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_H0KhDzGvQ8xCjsVGHj0aopCWGpfbyHez2a03mPIyjMv_TEW-bphK2gwZwb5zjyUMbth_OlwEdKRWiW0wlImgVoNk3pw&_hsmi=62695668

I also went to 7-11 to look for those new Quest bars but their selection was awful, they only had chocolate brownie and caramel oat cookie. I did see these muffins which were pretty large and sounded good, but they were around 400 calories each so I decided to pass. Has anyone here tried them though? I’ve never seen these before!
    nrzjirrbqdqk.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    http://try.eatenlightened.com/mothers-day-coupon/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=62695668&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_H0KhDzGvQ8xCjsVGHj0aopCWGpfbyHez2a03mPIyjMv_TEW-bphK2gwZwb5zjyUMbth_OlwEdKRWiW0wlImgVoNk3pw&_hsmi=62695668

I also went to 7-11 to look for those new Quest bars but their selection was awful, they only had chocolate brownie and caramel oat cookie. I did see these muffins which were pretty large and sounded good, but they were around 400 calories each so I decided to pass. Has anyone here tried them though? I’ve never seen these before!
    nrzjirrbqdqk.jpeg

I was curious about these too because they also caught my eye when I was there yesterday!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    While my mom was in surgery today I went out everywhere to kill time. Here are my food finds... @hgycta ...one of those bars is yours if you want it... lol... by the way. Only the bars are exclusive to speedway, they have the cups with the pieces at the Walmart I was at.

8s38z8iop7m9.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options

nrzjirrbqdqk.jpeg

Honestly, I tried the muffin from 7-11 months ago. Think it was the blueberry and it was meh. The Lenny and Larry muffins are better but not as easy to find. Haven’t seen new quest bars thus far.

• leannaaugust
    leannaaugust Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We love the our little rebellion protein crips. The bbq is good, but you have got to try the wasabi ginger and spicy buffalo.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have this waiting for lunch. I'm excited to try it.

z2yg0k8wgj6t.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I wanted to give Starbucks’ new doubleshot coffee smoothies the benefit of the doubt even though they’re made with pea protein which I absolutely hate. I tried the vanilla honey and it’s OK at best. Luckily I could tolerate it and didn’t even notice the pea protein that much, but all I tasted was bananas and their almond milk which I’ve never been fond of because it tastes weird to me. I didn’t taste coffee at all. I had half the bottle and my dad agrees he didn’t like it that much but it wasn’t terrible. Great for vegans, but I’ll stick to regular coffee.
    t4d1uwlh5ug0.jpeg
    However, I wrote to Starbucks to see how many mg of caffeine it had since I didn’t see it on the bottle or website. They said a bottle has 14mg of caffeine?! How is that “coffee,” let alone a “doubleshot” by any means!? That’s weak!!! They HAD to mess up and give me the wrong amount, or else that’s awful.
    0x0ami1t6bnx.jpeg

I also tried the Chilly Cow sweet cream peanut butter (on sale at $2.88 at Shoprite this week!) and I liked it more than the chocolate due to personal bias towards liking peanut butter more than chocolate. It tasted like real ice cream (not as artificial since they don’t use erythritol), but the peanut butter chunks don’t compare to Enlightened at all. I would choose it over Halo top’s chocolate peanut butter since it has a more upfront peanut butter flavoring, but they could do better than one chunk of peanut butter. Still, I like the nostalgia of these things, they remind me of the little ice cream cups I’d eat as a kid at the school cafeteria or at parties! I’d like them to do a fun confetti cake flavor at some point xD
    remaug7zgl33.jpeg
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I found this at HEB, and it was delicious... a little too delicious. I ate it in about 3 days. :astonished:

rvwht4elhkjj.png

This here...a staple in my household.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yasso_Scoop_LocoCoco_large.png

I'm mixed up about this one. For the calories, it's not bad at all, but the swirl is sickeningly sweet (there was a big layer of it at the top) and the base is too bland. Absolutely no artificial aftertaste though, which is nice, but it probably won't be a repeat purchase.
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have this waiting for lunch. I'm excited to try it.

z2yg0k8wgj6t.jpg

Highly disappointing! Flavorless, even the sausage, and the bowl wasn't even half full. So I know I'm going to go scavenging this afternoon because I was already starving. Stupid jerky jerks.

971csf9qj4p1.jpg

I came super close to buying this the other day when I saw them in Walmart! Thanks for saving me this disappointment, and I'm sorry that you had to take the bullet for us to learn. :'(

Went to Shoprite and still no Taco Bell chips dang it. I'm desperate to find these things, they should have a chip locator or something xD It's a shame Taco Bell stores aren't carrying it because I've been there four times in the last 7 days... no exaggeration whatsoever....

But I did find the new Little Debbie turtle brownies! I picked some up to try tonight :D I looooove Little Debbie and they only have 200 calories which doesn't seem too bad!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Has anyone tried the DOUGHnuts that were featured on Shark Tank? They look delish!!! Some have 14 grams of protein. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0835/7209/products/CakeBatterMaaxx_1024x1024.jpg?v=1516819141
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    2bassets wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the DOUGHnuts that were featured on Shark Tank? They look delish!!! Some have 14 grams of protein. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0835/7209/products/CakeBatterMaaxx_1024x1024.jpg?v=1516819141

first time seeing them & im interested
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    jrlmm31la4b4.jpg
    I know that a couple of Frontera frozen meals were reviewed here, and I'm throwing in my vote for these as well. This was pretty tasty - the chicken pieces were pretty close to how they turn out homemade and not that texture that they usually are in frozen meals. The vegetables retained an almost crisp tender texture, which was surprising and good. I also liked that they put chayote squash in here, and the sauce was unique and tasty. I only wished that the portion was a bit larger.
    4fzvs0noi3l3.jpg
    I had the Sam's Choice Burrito Bowl Pork Carnitas and they were wonderful!