5/3-5.58 plus weights
    5/4-rest day is the best day
    5/5-10.84 plus yoga
    5/6-3.52 plus weights
    5/7-rest day is the best day
    5/8-6.80

39.80 MTD.

8/8 days according to plan.

Tonight was an inadvertent 6 at MP-ish workout because I really suck at arithmetic, left late, didn’t bring any light and needed to get home before dark. Mission accomplished. It felt good too-which was really nice because the last few weeks have been a little awful (a lot expected but it still wears on me after a stretch and I was really grateful to the running Gods for granting me a good one).
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    BBC article that seems relevant. :)

Sisu: The Finnish art of inner strength http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180502-sisu-the-finnish-art-of-inner-strength

Today: 3 miles, then strength.

May tally: 17.1m

:heart: Thank you.

And here is our very own @MNLittleFinn demonstrating Sisu perfectly in his recent 100 mile ultramarathon:

https://teachertrailrunner.blogspot.com.au/2018/05/in-tent.html?m=1
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My garmin doesn't tell me any of that. It just tells me I'm like 20 years older than I am based on fitness. Those must not be options on the vivioactive 3.

I wouldn't pay much attention to that either - my Garmin tells me I'm 20 in fitness years - that can't be right, I'm gonna be 60 this fall. lol

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 2 miles
    5/2 - 1.8 miles
    5/3 - 1.85 miles
    5/4 - 2 miles
    5/5 - 2 miles
    5/6 - 6 miles

5/7 - rest
    5/8 - 2.35
    5/9 - 2.15

Total 20.15
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Finally managing to post a running update.

Last weekend was a Bank Holiday (long) weekend, and for some reason the weather decided to give us a heatwave, jumping from 12 degrees C and raining to dry and 24-28 degrees C (usually bank holidays mean everyone sits in traffic trying to get to the seaside in the rain).

I went on a camping trip with a bunch of strangers, through something called the YesTribe community. Basically it’s like-minded people who fancy the odd adventure, trying to find others to adventure with. So fifteen of us mostly strangers went to camp in the woods, have a campfire, and chat about life. I only fell down one badger hole on my way back to my tent in the dark.

We did a 5 mile walk on the Sunday, which I attempted to run and sheepdog back, but gave up because it was so hot and hilly. Then a pub lunch and home (and then a night at a friend's cooking dinner...this is a theme)

I didn’t get my planned long run in over the weekend, but also turned my ankle running like a four year old down a hill, so have been a bit protective of it since then. But made it out for a short run this morning and it all seemed fine.

Trying to get back to consistent runs, I know life gets in the way but this also is important

Instant childhood flashback. Thanks for the memory :smile:

Called in at the gym after work and ran 5k on the treadmill. My allergies are playing up and the tree pollen is wicked at the moment, so I wimped out on an outside run.
  • bradcharlessimmons
    bradcharlessimmons Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Rest day for me today, aiming for a steady 10km tomorrow morning ahead of my Half Marathon on Sunday :#
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I went on a camping trip with a bunch of strangers, through something called the YesTribe community. Basically it’s like-minded people who fancy the odd adventure, trying to find others to adventure with. So fifteen of us mostly strangers went to camp in the woods, have a campfire, and chat about life. I only fell down one badger hole on my way back to my tent in the dark.
    This sounds intriguing. Would you do it again? Was there any one person who was a pain in the patootie?
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble fitting in evening runs and trouble getting up for morning runs so I will run home from work today, go to bed earlier, and then get up early tomorrow for my scheduled short run. I love how energized I am the rest of the day when I run early and it's just getting so hot later in the day.

Not today, though. Today I run home in the rain.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    6.03 miles this morning at an easy pace before work. There were seven of us ladies who showed up at 5:00 am. Great way to start the day! Things are getting really green here and the daylight hours are getting longer every day. I love this time of year!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Tempo run, 3.3m.

May tally: 20.8m

Just 3 more runs until I match my April tally, and it’s only the 9th. I really want to do well in my June 5k, and it’s keeping me engaged and consistent with my training plan.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    This sounds intriguing. Would you do it again? Was there any one person who was a pain in the patootie?

Absolutely. I’m looking at my calendar trying to see when I could fit in more events and checking postings either from people I was with that weekend or others in the community.

Everyone was really nice. Sometimes with this kind of thing you find there’s someone who brags about the fact that they’ve climbed Everest without Oxygen or were the first person ever to crawl commando style, naked, to the North Pole, but actually they weren’t like this. I carshared with one guy who ‘won the DaVinci class last year at Bognor Birdman’ (where you throw yourself off the pier into the sea and try and fly the furthest in a homemade contraption) and he was just passionate about winning again rather than bragging about it.

They just seemed genuinely people who mostly were actually quite happy to do a walk or camp on their own, but equally sometimes fancied meeting up with others to have an adventure. I look forward to more adventures with them.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

And I'm all over here thinking WHAT IF ONE OF THEM WAS A MURDERER? LOL
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

And I'm all over here thinking WHAT IF ONE OF THEM WAS A MURDERER? LOL

lol. someone said something about meeting up with fifteen strangers to camp in the woods and I topped it with ‘well I got in a strange mans car to meet fifteen strangers in the woods!!!’

I guess there’s protection in numbers? They won’t ALL be mad axe-murderers and hopefully the rest of the party can keep you safe? Or am I just being naïve?