Replies

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    saw this on instagram this morning!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    May 5: read a comic book while icing my knee.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    May 6- Meditated for 30 minutes. Took my time getting ready this morning. Watched self - help youtube on the soul and meaning of pain in your life. Didn't check my work emails on purpose today. That can wait until tomorrow.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    May 4 - dry brushed before my shower! adds a bit of time to my morning routine, but i love how dry brushing stimulates & invigorates!

https://goop.com/beauty/skin/how-to-dry-brush-and-why-its-so-potent/

I have used a dry brush before. Thanks for the reminder. I will dig mine up and use it tomorrow.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    May 6: Listened to a mediation tape in the morning, giving over worries & concerns

May 7: nice sunny walk to buy some bread & berries before breakfast. I think I’ve discovered I like morning exercise the most - listened to a video on nutrition which made it even more fun!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    May 7- Went for a long walk at lunchtime in the sunshine. Went to acupuncture session and meditated during it.
  • twyla77
    Options
    may 7 - went to the library across from my office on my lunch break to check out the ‘Staff Picks’ section - picked one i’ve never heard of, can’t wait to dig in tonight, maybe i’ll learn something new!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    May 6 and 7: sitting quietly outside while icing my knee is starting to pay off - our bird feeder is quite close to our sitting area, and at first the birds mostly avoided the feeder while I was outside, but now they are getting used to me and becoming braver. I like the feeling of "knowing my neighbors" in the wild. We mostly have very common feeder birds - cardinals, doves, finches, sparrows, cowbirds, a tufted titmouse, etc. but today a Great Blue Heron flew over. There's a small lake nearby where he probably lives.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    saw this on instagram this morning!

So true!
  • Sajafitness
    Sajafitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great idea I'm in
  • twyla77
    edited May 2018
    Options
    May 6 and 7: sitting quietly outside while icing my knee is starting to pay off - our bird feeder is quite close to our sitting area, and at first the birds mostly avoided the feeder while I was outside, but now they are getting used to me and becoming braver. I like the feeling of "knowing my neighbors" in the wild. We mostly have very common feeder birds - cardinals, doves, finches, sparrows, cowbirds, a tufted titmouse, etc. but today a Great Blue Heron flew over. There's a small lake nearby where he probably lives.

this is awesome! i think i’m going to spend some time watching my neighborhood birds one day soon! (mind you, they’re all magpies and crows, so not quite as majestic as yours lol!)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    may 8 - took a moment to feel proud of myself for sticking to MFP for 60 days, as well as sticking to my gym routine & eating less junk food! I rarely stick to anything, so for me to be still here after 60 days is really something i’m proud of! And thankful for all the support I get here! ❤️

Awesome! 60 days is a long streak!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    May 8- walked nearly 13,000 steps today, mediated, made some hot tea and kept the tv off all evening.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Took a walk!
  • Beckasaurus26
    Beckasaurus26 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oops, haven’t updated in a bit.
    May 6, cooked a meal with my boyfriend and spent some quality time together.

May 7 was a bad day and I really needed a warm shower by the end of it, but the water heater in my apartment wasn’t working. I had to call maintenance this morning (I can’t access it on my own) and I ended up driving over to my mom’s to shower before work. More stress than self-care for the 7th :(

May 8, tonight I tried a new recipe and ate turnips for the first time (delicious!) and I’m going to relax with a hot bath and a face mask. I think I’m coming down with a cold so I’m going to get to bed early tonight.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    May 8: silly movie & had a very nice phone call with a friend & her grand-baby!! So cute!!
  • khunjit_js
    khunjit_js Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted for a while.

Yesterday I asked my husband to give me a back massage- it was nice. I took a yoga class today.
  • twyla77
    Options
    may 9 - declined a meeting that i didn’t need to be at but always feel pressured into attending. saying no has freed up an hour of my day, not to mention the office is extra quiet because everyone else is in the meeting! extra time + less distractions is a total win!