Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    thank goodness there are some sane threads by mature women. Was so disappointed by some of the games. Seems like its a dating site for some folks. Anyway. here to lose the 75 pounds I lost on Weight Watchers. I'm from Toronto and I have joined a program that will pay you 80% of the cost of their program if you lose 20% of your weight in 18 months or less. I want to lose 70 pounds and getting paid to take off the first forty doesn't sound bad to me. We are going to be starting with a DNA test. I'm excited.

Welcome Karen! I'm from Washington state, but living the island life at Whidbey island. I would love to get under 200 lbs and mentally be in Onederland! Currently I am 240 lbs so getting there with these awesome ladies in my mental back pocket is going to be doable. You will find forward movement in your journey with this thread! Between reading from people in all phases of their weight journey, it gives you hope, and accountability. I does me!
    I like symbols so I have a bracelet I add beads to, when I lose a lb. It's a nice visual!
    I log daily, and it makes me feel powerful! I also realize just how less I can eat, to be satisfied. I haven't eaten to the point of uncomfortable in a long tine. It's just not worth it. I know paying for overeating makes for a miserable night! I also have some parathyroid issues so my gut health is important.
    Welcome again!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    6gzckwz1f0g2.jpg
    Ok from the poor little dog's perspective, this is hilarious!!!!! The big lady's not so much, and I know I would never sit on a chair this small!!!
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Penny, for me my desires have changed! To add veggies, cottage cheese, wild rice or spinach pasta, then either salmon or chicken......then pile it on a plate. I love the feeling after! It's like energizing! It's like caffeine! And my power plates, as I call them are so more satisfying than any burger or piece of pizza. I have changed. Ok let's do the happy dance now, shall we???
    Rebecca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @Karensgettingherbodyback Welcome!!!

Machka Your husband's recovery is breathtaking! Agonizingly slow at first, & now by leaps & bounds! It is so exciting. So glad for you.

Dana. Your husband is punny.

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Terry - Congratulations on your loss! I agree that it's great to have the support from others that we get on here.

<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.19min, 139mhr, 13amph. 1.5mi= 75c
    apple watch- 66c
    TREADMILL jog- 50min, 9.26min mi, 6.1-7.0sp, 140ahr, 156mhr, 5.31mi= 522c
    apple watch- 604c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.02min, 139mhr, 17.7amph, 1.4mi= 59c
    apple watch- 41c
    bike ride puy to sumn sta- 14.47min, 12.3amph, 118ahr, 141mhr, 3mi= 137c
    apple watch- 125c
    jog sumn sta 2 wk- 4.59min, 154mhr, 139ahr, 9.39min mi, .5mi =64c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride wk 2 sumn sta- 4.01min, 8.46min mi, 126ahr, 151mhr, .4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.42min, 8.9amph, 125ahr, 148mhr, 2.6mi= 181c
    apple watch- 157c

total cal 1093
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    With my diet I'm amazed at how much more volume of food I can eat if I eat according to my macros. Yesterday for example I had two 6 oz servings of meat 6 deviled eggs 6oz of vegetables and original hidden valley ranch dressing plus macadamia nuts. That was under 1200 calories. And very importantly I lost 1.2 pounds in the last 2 days! Healthy foods have less calories than my coke and donuts!

Great job Rebecca and Penny healthier foods are fantastic!

I do have a problem getting my protein in! Those Starkist pouches, white albacore, and pink salmon are great, and I like how it's flat so I can just lay it on stuff. Whether it's a 12 grain bread, or was a crisp bread, or on a salad, it's perfect.
    My proteins are cottage cheese, all beans ( except black beans), and my meats are just condiments for a meal. An oz of kielbasa, or steak or chicken, but I just like it to flavor the rest of the meal. Eating a protein bar is helping me get my daily amounts. I got this!
    Rebecca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- you are doing fantastic! You have found something that works for you! I don't use protein bars or shakes because most have over my carb limit in just one serving. I try to keep my carbs at or below 20g. For protein I eat eggs and meats like you and I don't always hit the amount I'm supposed to. My focus for Keto is 75% fat 20% protein and 5% carbs.

<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did Functional Intensity Training DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

Dana – when you talked about the level it reminded me of something Vince did. Now, I have to say he wasn’t obnoxious. But when they were putting in the fence around the pool, after the workers left he went and held a level to each and every post. To be honest, there were quite a few posts that weren’t level. But he made sure they leveled them (much to their dissatisfaction). What a wonderful thing you did for Rebecca

Machka – thank the Lord everything He has done and will continue to do for your husband. Now I’ll sing for you (good thing you can’t hear me) “rain, rain, go away, come again another day”

Jackie – pretty soon hopefully I’ll be able to post a pic of the mushroom that I’m working on right now. Wish I had a steady hand for outlining, but I do the best I can. It doesn’t look half bad from 5 feet away….lol

Lenora – when you spray the carpenter bees, what do you spray them with?

Rebecca – congrats on the awesome weight loss. You’re going to fill up that bracelet in no time at all. Love your pics

Karen – welcome! What an incentive!

Penny – used to be that I wanted the whole cookie or biscuit, now I find that just ½ or even less of it satisfies me. And, oh, yes, I seem to crave veges and fruit (sorry, Mary, I know fruits are high in carbs, but I just can’t help myself). Even at breakfast! I find that I want less and less red meat

I don’t know how I feel about a nude beach. I guess I would be willing to try it. But I may not stay very long…lol

I like to keep those packets of salmon/tuna for down at the condo. Long shelf life and something that I don’t have to refrigerate, like if I opened a can of tuna and had just ½ of it

Michele in NC
    Who just might have some Tone It Up protein and applesauce.