WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla and Rebecca - thanks for the encouragement! I don't think people especially children realize the very long lasting effects of bullying has on their victims. That's probably why I'm an introvert except when I'm teaching.

Heather - thank you so much for the information. My sister was happy to receive the information on the book series.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    @2aycocks I'm glad that you were able to be with that woman that understood! My Brother in law and his wife lost their son at 5 years old when he fell off the tractor and got hit by the sickle mower. Very tragic but since then they offer grief counseling and speak to others in similar cases. It is after 20 years still a difficult event for them to come to grips with. I know that if you or anyone else may need to talk to someone my sister in law would be willing to help. She feels like she gets healing through helping others.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    This is teacher appreciation week at our school, and unfortuately, it's all about pushing food!!! :s yesterday was a carb-laden breakfast spread, today ice cream sundaes at lunch---so I walked away! Seriously, a handmade card or a pic from a student would be most welcome. Ah well, I am so over it :#

DD was in charge of the big teacher feed this wk. Barbecue,barbecue chicken,salads,cheesy potatoes,baked beans,cole slaw,5 diff desserts,several teas,coffee & the list gies on. Funny tho,she has it all delivered an hr before set up. Otherwise,if they find the food being stored at school,they help themselves.Every yr they have a choice,of that or eating out. School always wins.

NYKAREN

Tricia Oh
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    RV Rita
    DH asked if you are using Cool Seal on the roof? He did 95% of up keep on our RV.Love the air plant.
    WOW 110 is way hot,but the wind was bad for skin. Keep cool . Tricia Oh
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    All tucked in with the pups,I'm taking my granddaughters cat up to get spayed tomorrow and picking it up..,my brother and my SIL are going to the Cape for 4 days taking dog with them..I have my hands full and can't help them.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Spent 5 hours planting new plants and Dividing aloe Vera plants. I have lots of baby plants to share. Think I will take them To Sunday School to see if anyone wants them.
    Rye- I also got bit by misquotes. They are red and itchy, I am wondering if the baby aspirin would help. Seems like they are worse this year for some reason.
    Kay- your encounter with the hair dresser was a God thing. She was the exact person you needed to meet. Did you like your hair? Welcome back Geri, glad you found your way “home”.
    Suebdew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,687 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is somewhat of a rant - so if you don't wanna read - skip

I had my 'sleep study' done last night. It is for making sure that my settings on my Cpap are correct for me. New MD, really like him even though he is a Phoebe-contract MD (Employed by the local 'not-for-profit' ... yeah right; hospital). Got there at 8:00pm; got to watch The Voice. I was so 'out of it' by the time the technician came in to hook up all the leads, she was practically holding me up. Then she got me in a chair. All I remember about The Voice was that both of Blake's contestants move on to the Finals. The country singer that belongs to 'what's her name' who sits between Blake and Alicia and a 'black guy' and then I was gone. They must have had some sort or aroma therapy because I don't normally get that sleepy that quickly, especially without my Cpap on. It went well, I only work up once to go to bathroom. I slept like a rock and Louis came to pick me up (which surprised me because I thought that Trey was coming); but, it was a 'pleasant surprise'. Got to chat with him on the way home and he was in a good mood. I should hear something within a few days and hopefully I can get both Cpap machine tweaked.

OK - here it goes. Later in the day it was like Karma saying, "I'm gonna FYU!" I cannot find 2 recipes that I know I typed and saved on MFP. Got on it and then a pop-up screen popped up and the only thing I could do was 'accept'. I don't like when that happens. It was one that I 'did' read, at least most of it. It had a list of things they could gather (for whatever purpose) ... I wanted to turn computer off and start over. When I did turn computer off and go to power up; it spend some time 'updating'. GGGrrrrr!!!! I have it on automatic updates; but, I would still like to see what they are. Guess I will check with IT and tell him the craziness. Get to the MFP and none of the foods I have been entering (4 pages worth) were GONE. I tried to save exercise; but, apparently it isn't going to print on the same page as my food.

Then, DirecTV has changed their formatte and you can barely read the damn thing. Some of the shows we normally watch are apparently have 'gone off' (I thought they had just come on). Maybe I lost a day (with the 'sleep study'. I am trying to find a casserole dish that I make using ground beef, noodles, sour cream, and cheddar cheese that the law clerk I used to work for gave me (20 years ago). My DOS loves it and says he has tried to make it but it never tastes the same as mine. I'm sure it is the 'little bit of sugar' that is put in it and the seasonings. I might call her tomorrow and see if she remembers it well enough to give it to me again. Easy to make and freezes well.

Got some 'new' protein shakes that I like - just like the ones in taste that I got at MD's office. Same amount of calories (or maybe 30 more) and 13 ounces instead of just a little under 9; so they are very filling. Bought a couple of protein bars. Bigger by almost another (I got the coconut almond and the Peanut Butter) both were good; but, used to drinking coffee with them and I could not have coffee for a period of time prior to the tests.

Thursday I expect that I'll be called with a date to do the test where they stick the sphagettti-sized tube up my nose and down into the esophogus and I have to swallow to get it down as far as it needs to go. Test to see the damage done (Barretts Esophogus) and then discuss the procedure that will get me off the Nexium and keep me from having 'acid reflux'. MD said I'd still be able to vomit when I needed to and he has had very good success with the procedure. I've already decided that I want to be "OFF" the Nexium because i have heard such bad things about it. Right now I have not been on Nexium since I had the endoscopy and colonoscopy (thankfully I don't have to have that done again).

I don't like change, especially when I have no prior warning. After I got out of the hospital in mid-December; my Windows 10 had updated to Microsoft Edge (search engine); but, it did mess up a lot of things I had done and saved. GGGrrrrrr

Allie - I'm glag that you were able to forgive Tom, maybe you can be friends. There are some people who cannot be married; but, remain friends. My sister said that 'if' her 'ex' were to 'get sick' and his 'present wife' wasn't in the picture, she'd make sure he was taken care of. She is the type to take in 'strays' (animals or people). Sometimes to her detriment. She's un-deactivated her FB account and is posting stuff that I know she is going to get a LOT of 'blowback' (from her friends who can be very pro-conservative and won't ever change). I just do not post anything. I will 'like' somethings she posts. But, I am not so sure that she makes sure that what she is posting is 'valid' ... she is so left-leaning-liberal that she is almost moving 'horizontally'.

I'm also finding how much better I have been feeling since I have forgiven people and circumstances in my life as well. I think it 'might' have made me 'listen more, talk less' (in person). Here, I'll still write novels.

FB has made some changes since Markie ZuggerBUM was grilled by the Congressional Committee. I think it still suxs! But that is IMHO. Seems like i get so far behind on anything if I miss a day.

Take care! Stay safe! Hope that you are meeting your goals and all that. I have not been exercising but I am still at a plateau; at 164lbs. If they can get this 'bloating' to go away - maybe then my tummy will look better and I will feel better.

You kniow that I enjoy all the pictures, of babies, children, and fur babies and plants and flowers. I was shocked that I had probably 30 iris blooms last week. Now, a wren has built a nest inside my geranium hanging pot. Three little birds, so I will just try to water around them and maybe they won't get too cold. I doubt they have much of a chance with my watering the plant (because it dries out every other day) or Tux, who will probably scarf them up in one gulp.

See y'all later - maybe next time i won't feel so out of sorts.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,687 Member
    Options
    stats for the day"

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.15min, 133mhr, 11.6amph. 1.5mi= 77c
    apple watch- 61c
    0 RUNNER- 50min, 118ahr, 141mhr, lvl7-8, 8.45min mi, 13h, 111c, 45l, 5.64mi= 366c
    apple watch- 434c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.21min, 131mhr, 16.5amph, 1.4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride puy to sumn sta- 14.20min, 12.7amph, 122ahr, 144mhr, 3mi= 133c
    apple watch- 124c
    jog sumn sta 2 wk- 4.43min, 151mhr, 138ahr, 9.04min mi, .5mi =59c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride wk 2 sumn sta- WINDY!! 4.06min, 9.01min mi, 151mhr, = .4mi= 51c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, WINDY!!- 19.26min, 8amph, 141mhr, 2.5mi= 180c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 921
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kylia- if you need a life preserver let us know <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did DVD on the bosu. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Functional Intensity DVD

Steve left around 8 this morning. We have a Newcomer general meeting this morning then I need to take my car to the Mazda dealer. See, a while ago I was having a problem where whenever I opened my car door, the alarm went off. They replaced some sensor in the hood but since then it seems that the light that indicates the lock is activated hasn’t worked and Vince just noticed that my backup lights don’t work. I need an oil change so I will get it then. I’d better charge my tablet so I can read something in case I need to wait while they do the repairs. Update: I came home, didn't need the tablet. However, they're keeping the car overnight

When we leave for the meeting, Vince wants me to have paper & pen handy because there is this place that sells mulch. They have their phone number on the side of the truck so he wants me to take it down. I don’t care, as long as I get my mulch.

Geri – welcome back to this friendly place (but you already know that)

KJ – I one time even killed a cactus!

Had the Newcomer general meeting, then took my car in to have the oil changed and also when they repaired my alarm a while ago, ever since then the lights don’t flash when the lock is engaged and the other day Vince noticed that my backup lights aren’t working. Don’t know if this is related or not. Ceramics tonight, I’m almost done with one seahorse and one of the mushrooms. After ceramics went to Lowes Foods

Katla – I’m so sorry you had such trouble at your meeting

2aycocks – It IS great to talk to someone who understands what you are feeling. Someone who REALLY understands. I’ve never had to experience a loss such as yours (I’m so sorry for you) but I did recently experience a loss.

Suebdew – I know this sounds really weird, but it works! Trust me, it works for TEMPORARY relief of itching. I know you’ve heard this from me before, but honestly, if you put your blowdryer on the itch and hold it there for as long as you can stand it, the itching will temporarily disappear. The heat breaks up the histamines. That’s what causes the temporary relief. Try it.

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Wendy, found these cute pics of bees butts. They work hard!
    deiomwdzo0gd.jpg
    t96oxdqgti8p.jpg

Hugs!
    Rebecca