New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    In case anyone was wondering, these cereals literally look and taste the exact same. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying, they’re identical! And now I have 3 pounds and 5 ounces of cereal left... in a lactose intolerant household. What have I done.
    3rr5sz4w9djy.jpeg
    4ktcp6n0p00b.jpeg

I couldn't find the Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows so I got this brand instead. It's identical. Post and Malt O Meal are the same company, so the only difference is price and bag.

Now if they would just bring back Cupcake Fruity Pebbles and Marshmallow Alphabits.

I really want to try the malt o meal coco pebbles with marshmallows. I always buy this brand cinnamon toast crunch and it tastes literally exactly the same, but half the price. I had no idea they were the same company!

maltomeal-Cocoa-Dyno-Bites-Marshmallows.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    In case anyone was wondering, these cereals literally look and taste the exact same. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying, they’re identical! And now I have 3 pounds and 5 ounces of cereal left... in a lactose intolerant household. What have I done.
    3rr5sz4w9djy.jpeg
    4ktcp6n0p00b.jpeg

I couldn't find the Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows so I got this brand instead. It's identical. Post and Malt O Meal are the same company, so the only difference is price and bag.

Now if they would just bring back Cupcake Fruity Pebbles and Marshmallow Alphabits.

I really want to try the malt o meal coco pebbles with marshmallows. I always buy this brand cinnamon toast crunch and it tastes literally exactly the same, but half the price. I had no idea they were the same company!

Yeah, I had no clue it was the same company either! The nutritional information and ingredients list were nearly identical except for very minor discrepancies (such as one being 1.5g fat versus 1g) but the calories per 30grams were the same. I’m pretty sure they used the margin of error the FDA allows to make them look like they’d be different recipes although they weren’t!

I loved the fruity pebbles with marshmallows cereal but I’m all over this chocolate version! I’ve been eating the chocolate Frosted Flakes with marshmallows, but I’ve always thought the cocoa pebbles turned the milk more chocolatey faster since they’re smaller so I’m definitely going to look for these next time ;) I like Malt o Meal, I just hate how big they are because we really don’t eat cereal that often in this house! But it’s hard not to buy a bunch with all the good ones coming out!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    On coupons.com there is a coupon for the new Magnum pints $1.25 & $0.50 for the Cool Whip Mix-Ins.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    3rr5sz4w9djy.jpeg
    4ktcp6n0p00b.jpeg

Yeah, I had no clue it was the same company either! The nutritional information and ingredients list were nearly identical except for very minor discrepancies (such as one being 1.5g fat versus 1g) but the calories per 30grams were the same. I’m pretty sure they used the margin of error the FDA allows to make them look like they’d be different recipes although they weren’t!

I loved the fruity pebbles with marshmallows cereal but I’m all over this chocolate version! I’ve been eating the chocolate Frosted Flakes with marshmallows, but I’ve always thought the cocoa pebbles turned the milk more chocolatey faster since they’re smaller so I’m definitely going to look for these next time ;) I like Malt o Meal, I just hate how big they are because we really don’t eat cereal that often in this house! But it’s hard not to buy a bunch with all the good ones coming out!!

I have Tupperware cereal storers that keep cereal fresh for months. I'm not sure if Rubbermaid makes something similar?
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Malt O Meal is owned by Post. I think they're separate entities but I'm not sure how it all works. All that I do know is that the cereal tastes the same and is good. :)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @melissa6771 I opened one of them and you can’t even tell it was ever soft - it looks and tastes good as new! That being said, MY GOODNESS. THESE THINGS ARE SO GOOD.

I grew up addicted to Reese’s peanut butter cups but recently found myself a bit frustrated that I couldn’t taste the peanut butter as much as I used to. However, these are undeniably peanut butter-y. The Reese’s pieces candy with the peanut butter center are exactly what this world needed. The caramel is more there for texture but with the chocolate everything is just... wow. Perfect. It’s taking all my willpower right now not to open the second bar and finish it off, too. 10/10

I stil think reese’s stole the idea from the OhYeah! Chocolate Caramel Candies good grab bars, but I approve ;) Thanks again Melissa, let me know anytime I post something you can’t find! It’s yours!
    8xmfyt7vh5uf.jpeg

@hgycta

I'm so glad they got there in good shape! Should have sent you more than 2. I have two here but I'm not ready to eat them yet. I have a stockpile of goodies at this point, you would think I'm waiting for the apocalypse. Lol

As for the BJs enlightened pints, more expensive than shop rite sale, which we don't have here, but much better at $3.66 than $4.79-$5.99 that they are everywhere else. I tried the cookies and cream last night. It's good but I still like other flavors better

Those protein crisps someone posted, I've been downing them every night. Can't buy those again. I guess crunchy chiplike things are hard for me to control. Lol... at least they're full of protein and fiber and lower calories.
  • hgycta
    Options
    @melissa6771 I opened one of them and you can’t even tell it was ever soft - it looks and tastes good as new! That being said, MY GOODNESS. THESE THINGS ARE SO GOOD.

I grew up addicted to Reese’s peanut butter cups but recently found myself a bit frustrated that I couldn’t taste the peanut butter as much as I used to. However, these are undeniably peanut butter-y. The Reese’s pieces candy with the peanut butter center are exactly what this world needed. The caramel is more there for texture but with the chocolate everything is just... wow. Perfect. It’s taking all my willpower right now not to open the second bar and finish it off, too. 10/10

I stil think reese’s stole the idea from the OhYeah! Chocolate Caramel Candies good grab bars, but I approve ;) Thanks again Melissa, let me know anytime I post something you can’t find! It’s yours!
    8xmfyt7vh5uf.jpeg

@hgycta

I'm so glad they got there in good shape! Should have sent you more than 2. I have two here but I'm not ready to eat them yet. I have a stockpile of goodies at this point, you would think I'm waiting for the apocalypse. Lol

As for the BJs enlightened pints, more expensive than shop rite sale, which we don't have here, but much better at $3.66 than $4.79-$5.99 that they are everywhere else. I tried the cookies and cream last night. It's good but I still like other flavors better

Those protein crisps someone posted, I've been downing them every night. Can't buy those again. I guess crunchy chiplike things are hard for me to control. Lol... at least they're full of protein and fiber and lower calories.

Nonono I’m glad you sent two, so I can have it again but I won’t be tempted to eat five or six in one sitting (because I WOULD)!!!!

I tried this new Starbucks drink this morning and it was super rich with a lot of chocolate flavoring. If you want chocolate, it’s good. I didn’t taste much coffee though and it didn’t really wake me up at all. I need to stop drinking bottled coffee drinks, they’re just so much sugar and hardly any caffeine (except for those Monster Caffe drinks which are a godsend).
    mu3llpk2yom5.jpeg
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Orange-Vanilla-Cream-MM%E2%80%99s.jpg?resize=550%2C415&ssl=1

Great-Value-Sweet-Lemon-Cream-Ice-Cream-Cone.jpg?resize=474%2C600&ssl=1

Anyone try either of these?

Haven't seen either but those lemon ice creams sound amazing for a summer treat!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

8xmfyt7vh5uf.jpeg

!! I'm gonna pick those up today! I'm going to the movies and this will make the perfect snack ;)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    iv5ozl1ru4ob.jpeg
    litlgkjrb1q4.jpeg
    I bought a box of these because the flavor sounded delicious and unique. Chocolate, pb and strawberry. I was hoping they'd be reminiscent of my favorite curate bars that were sadly discontinued. These ones.. 71-65ifARjL._SY355_.jpg

But these were not good at all. The strawberry flavor was very fake tasting and I couldn't really taste anything besides an overwhelmingly powerful bitter medicine like strawberry taste. 1/10 Would not buy again. Might return rest of the box lol.

*ahem* Simply Protein is completely lying on their packaging about the most protein for the least calories.

That is all.
  • hgycta
    Options
    @melissa6771 I know you like the Premier Protein drinks, have you tried this flavor yet? I saw it in sam’s club today!
    9iju0y57oman.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is new or not, but it's new to me. Sooooo good!
    Generic_F1_SupremeBrownieCookieDoughCarton_3D.png?1513202088
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ez1k2z7r612b.jpeg
    sbdcwpfolj9g.jpeg
    mced9tavw8c4.jpeg

So saw this in the Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer and it sounded good and I finally got to go today so I grabbed a couple boxes thinking I could make one and share it with my Mom for Mother’s Day. I’m excited to try it because I snuck a taste of the batter and it was delicious. Not to mention my house smells delicious with it in the oven. It was also very simple to mix up and the icing is super simple also. If you like lemons and cake and live close to a Trader Joe’s I highly recommend this. Be warned it is a limited edition so don’t wait too long.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    @melissa6771 I know you like the Premier Protein drinks, have you tried this flavor yet? I saw it in sam’s club today!
    9iju0y57oman.jpeg

Ha! I do love my premier protein products! I just found the salted apcaramel bars at ocean state really cheap. I haven't tried the peach because I put them in my coffee. I have chocolate and vanilla and my next flavors are caramel and cookies and cream. Did you get them? I try to buy them when they have $4 off at one of the wholesale clubs
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »

I mentioned these last week I think! I wasn't sure if they were new or not either, but I love them!
  • hgycta
    Options
    9iju0y57oman.jpeg

Ha! I do love my premier protein products! I just found the salted apcaramel bars at ocean state really cheap. I haven't tried the peach because I put them in my coffee. I have chocolate and vanilla and my next flavors are caramel and cookies and cream. Did you get them? I try to buy them when they have $4 off at one of the wholesale clubs

No, I’m going to try and find the single bottles first before I buy a huge carton of them (they might have a good return policy but it’s still a 30 minute drive for me) :pensive: I can definitely imagine how it might clash with coffee though haha!
    arya8 wrote: »

That looks amazing, is it also 90 calories????

I went to Walmart and saw new Cracker Barrel turkey deli meat. I bought it because I’m obsessed with Cracker Barrel, but it’s pretty bland and dry so I won’t get it again. My dad bought their pancake mix and said it also wasn’t really that good, but I didn’t get a chance to have any of it when he made it >.<
    ywiulcv6hzq5.jpeg
    112t08kvc52j.jpeg
  • melissa6771
    Options
    @hgycta the peaches and cream and the cookies and cream are exclusive to Sam's club right now. Walmart owns Sam's and does have the cookies and cream in four packs. $7.27 here. I don't remember seeing the peach but it's possible.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Walmart has their own brand of protein bars in the Pharmacy section (these seemed to mimic Quest). They had Cookies & Cream & one other flavor that I can't remember (at least at my store).