P90X

Options

Replies

• cjbranson
    Options
    Nice to see so many continuing to update this thread. I am on day 38 and going strong. I am down to 226 from 240, all my pants fit better and I have gained a belt loop. In fact, some of my pants bunch up around the back of my waist.

In short, this thing is working!

Keep the updates coming. Off to do Back and Biceps + Ab Ripper X. Btw...finally did all 25 Pfifer scissors at the pace on the DVD on Monday! First time....felt great.

Good for you on the weight loss!! :drinker: I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 10lbs since starting this and only 4 more to my goal weight. I had been steadily losing for a while before I started this and then hit a major plateau... thus, P90X. It's been coming off slowly but I couldn't be more thrilled.

25 Fifer Scissors... AWESOME!! I've been able to do them for a little while now, but it is still a super hard struggle every single time. It's the one move I have to completely zone out of and just concentrate on my breathing. Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks for the update!!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Wow! You guys weren't kidding, this workout is no joke. 2 days down and I am soooo super sore!

Kenewayne, you weren't joking about the plyometrics---luckily my neighbor didn't come home until right after we finished the workout, hopefully all the stuff on his walls didn't fall off!

88 days to go and I'm more motivated than ever!!

The first week was the worst for soreness!! I seriously felt like someone had beaten me up with a baseball bat all over. :noway: Push through, it will get better and the soreness will get tolerable. There were some days I didn't think I'd be able to get through the next work out, but as soon as I stretched and got started, I felt soooo much better.

The next few weeks will fly by to you and you're gonna love seeing the results... keep the motivation up! You're doing great!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    You are right cjbranson! The morning of the 3rd day of P90X (about 18 months ago), I was sitting in Church and could barely stand up. I think I sang "Stand Up, Stand Up For Jesus" sitting down! The soreness does go away after a few days, and then you can really enjoy the challenging workouts.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I literally got laughed at for the first 11/2 weeks... I couldn't even sit down without feeling pain, let alone walk right!!! The workout that made me the most sore was Legs and Back... I don't remember ever being that sore-I think I felt better after having my second daughter, 2 days out of the hospital!!!:laugh:
  • melkman
    Options
    i just finished the first week. :drinker: i'm glad i did the stretch dvd instead of resting. i feel so much better than yesterday.
  • MissResa
    Options
    i just finished the first week. :drinker: i'm glad i did the stretch dvd instead of resting. i feel so much better than yesterday.

I'll never skip Stretch X ever again!!!! I didn't realize how much of a difference it can make-I could actually walk straight without FORCING myself to in public... I got made fun of during the first week and a half because I looked like I was about to die just standing up...:blushing:
  • jokerrn
    Options
    How is it possible, that of all the crazy workouts in this thing, I think I sweat the most during Yoga X? Getting better at it all the time. That last sequence of the first 45min is still brutal, though...with all the standing on one leg business.

Did Crane for about 45 seconds tonite...did Royal Dancer for the entire time on one of my legs and most on the other...held that crazy arm-through-the-legs-grab-the-other-wrist pose the entire time on both sides.

It's all about the small victories in this thing.
  • danielle1009
    danielle1009 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How is it possible, that of all the crazy workouts in this thing, I think I sweat the most during Yoga X? Getting better at it all the time. That last sequence of the first 45min is still brutal, though...with all the standing on one leg business.

Did Crane for about 45 seconds tonite...did Royal Dancer for the entire time on one of my legs and most on the other...held that crazy arm-through-the-legs-grab-the-other-wrist pose the entire time on both sides.

It's all about the small victories in this thing.

I did Yoga X for the first time this morning (yay for day 4), good god that stuff is ridiculous. How the heck did you do that crazy arm-through-the-legs-grab-the-other-wrist pose??? Congrats! Because that's absolutly amazing! I basically laughed at myself the entire time!

I have to say though, I went into it having done yoga before and hated it, but after all is said and done, the time went pretty quickly, although I wouldn't go so far as to say that I enjoyed myself---but...it wasn't awful!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I can't do the arm grab thing either!!! It's funny, though, because I have a couple of friends that are doing P90X, and the wife can't grab her wrist, but her 6'3" husband can... Go figure!!!
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Hello all! Just checking in and thought I write just to say hi and keep up the great work! Stretch day for me today which is exactly what I need. Today wraps up the 2nd week of phase 2 for us and it has been tough. We're loving it though and we'll keep pushing play!

Take care... Christina
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 11 yesterday and today on my off day I went for a run. I have been following the classic version to try and wean myself from too much cardio. I have to say P90X has done something for my endurance because I ran my usual 5 miles and barely broke a sweat I felt I could have kept going and going. Some days I questioned if all the cranes, banana rolls, sieber squats, jump shots, and pull ups were doing anything but the run today showed me just how conditioned I have become. Hang in there everyone you will be amazed at all the changes you are in store for.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I hadn't checked this thread in a bit! Everyone is doing great! And yes, you will be SORE during P90X! It's funny because you might start to feel like you're getting *comfortable* again and then you get slammed with a new phase/ workout! It's all about muscle confusion and your muscles will feel confused!! :huh:

Keep pushing play and eating clean! Cheeseburgers... bad... french fries... bad... shakes... bad... Coca-Cola (oops, I said it!)... bad! Drink your water, people! <anyone else have Tony-isms to add in? :wink: >

Jess
  • MissResa
    Options
    OOoooohhhh, that's good, mama!!! That's one phrase he says that I'm not sure about... Is it a good thing, or just downright creepy? I can't figure it out!!!:laugh:
  • jokerrn
    Options
    My favorite is when he quotes Forrest Gump in the middle of the Yoga workout. Classic.

Btw...off the wagon last night for V day...filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, ice cream dessert...oh so good. The way I think about it, I bust my *kitten* in P90X so that I can splurge like that every once in a while. Bad news is, I skipped Legs/Back...so this weekend, I have to ride twice (40 miles total), do Legs/Back/Ab R X, and Kenpo. Where will I find the time?

Btw, I rode my bike 20 miles this morning and, for the first time in a long time, I felt like I had another 20 in me. MS150 here I come.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Boy, do I feel a bit of jealousy about your dinner!!! Congrats on your recent bike ride!!! I noticed a big improvement when I was playing volleyball last... I actually got a partial block(on a guy hitting!!!) that I felt on the palm of my hands instead of just my fingertips!!! It probably doesn't sound like a huge deal compared to riding 20 miles, but for me it was a huge improvement. We play on a men's height net, so I had to get up there in order to reach. Best of luck on your upcoming workouts...:drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    My favorite is when he quotes Forrest Gump in the middle of the Yoga workout. Classic.

The buttocks?? Hilarious!!

Great job w/ the bike ride!
  • MissResa
    Options
    Who's that hot chica in the photo?!! Just kidding, Jess... Love the new pic!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks, girl! Yep, I had my hubby take new pics today. Dow 5# from ChaLean and feeling leaner all over! Woohoo! I figured people were sick of seeing the back of my head. LOL. Happy V- Day!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    Jess... I saw you got a polar f6 for your Valentine's day present... Do you have to wear a chest strap, or does it work with just a watch feature? And how do you like it? I want to get a HRM with a calories burned feature, but have no idea what to look for...
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of week 4, woohoo! Loved the yoga today, it has already gotten easier to do the moves, I'm actually kind of fluid and can hold the balance ones (no crane yet though). I have corpse perfected!! :)
    I've read different ideas on the Beachbody website and others. Since I have so much weight to lose should I repeat Phase 1 of lean or just keep going to phase 2 next week? The only difference seems to be Chest, Shoulders & Triceps replacing Shoulders & Arms. I'm thinking maybe it means to keep doing phase 1 Fat Shredder diet?