New products that caught your eyes recently?

16856866886906911209

Replies

  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,367 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    Free lenny and larry cookie sample pack. I got email from them so thought I'd share.

    https://www.lennylarry.com/free-sample-pack/?utm_source=EMAIL msrowb82j8q9.png

    Ooo, thanks! I filled out the form for their offer. Can't wait for my free cookies! :)

    They cancelled my order and didn't email me :( I'd suggest everyone who did the free sample cookie thing check and see if theirs cancelled too. I'm super disappointed that they would do this instead of closing the offer in the first place.

    I just checked after you wrote this. Mine is cancelled too! I called customer service. Had to leave a voicemail. I'll let you know what comes of it.
    Awww I am so sorry I thought I could share since they emailed me link to claim the samples. Mine wasn’t canceled yet but I hope if you guys message them on Facebook or email they will look into it. They shouldn’t be able to cancel after order already in. I HATE when companies do things like this just because they received “too many” requests. Companies should know better and put a cap on how many can claim instead of canceling and letting people get their hopes up.

    You may want to check the order status; that's how I learned about them cancelling my order. I didn't even get an email. I hadn't bought L&L in a while since Quest came out with their cookies. After this, especially with the controversy that they're using incomplete proteins in their products, I think I'm done with this company.

    Awwww, man! Mine was cancelled, too.
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    lalee115 wrote: »
    I have been reading through posts on this thread for ages. It's the reason I first tried Halo Top. HT has been hit-or-miss with me, and I have yet to find a pint that I feel I could eat in its entirety in one sitting. Some are downright bad... I wanted to like cookie dough so badly, but the cookie dough pieces were AWFUL. They almost burn your throat.

    So, you all inspired me to try different ice creams.

    Today, I bought Enlightened's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Skinny Cow's Rocky Road. (I really want Enlightened's Marshmallow Peanut Butter, but my store didn't have it). I am too full to eat it right now, so I just peeled the lids off and took a taste of each (couldn't reisist!). I LOVE the peanut butter ice cream flavor in Enlightened. And Skinny Cow had some tasty mix-ins. I can't wait to really try them!

    Yeah, the peanut butter chocolate chip enlightened is one of my favorites still because I can taste the peanut butter in every bite all the way down to the bottom.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 6,922 Member
    I emailed Lenny & Larry asking why the order was cancelled but haven't heard back yet.
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    So, this isn’t really a new product, but I’ve been having an apple with some PB2 to dip it in along with my dinner. I like the chocolate PB2 a little better than the plain but I ran out and had to get regular. Looking for a way to jazz it up, I mixed in half water and half Jordan’s skinny syrups. I used the salted caramel flavor. It made it taste o decadent for no additional calories. I remember people talking about those syrups before so though I’d share.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I found the Fiber One Birthday Cake bars at another Walmart! Definitely tastes like Birthday Cake. Will have to try it chilled like someone mentioned on here next.

    I bought the Chilly Cow Cookie Dough ice cream since that same Wal-Mart had the two pack for $3.98.

    I was tempted to buy the Sour Patch Kids ice cream, but was going to wait until other people here tried it & see what the consensus was.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    Ok, I figured out why these lower calorie ice cream pints are so expensive.

    It's because if they were cheap, we would buy and eat them all!

    I tried the Skinny Cow Rocky Road today. I portioned out half the container, ate it ... and went back for the other half! (Good thing I worked out before hand). The chocolate base was really good and creamy - much better than icy Halo Top. The marshmallows didn't add much. No flavor to them, and only occasionally noticed for the consistency change. But the nuts were crunchy and didn't taste weird like some frozen nuts can. Will definitely buy this one again!

    Does anyone have a recommendation for a sherbert option? I know HT has one, but I haven't heard good things so I never tried it.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    Free lenny and larry cookie sample pack. I got email from them so thought I'd share.

    https://www.lennylarry.com/free-sample-pack/?utm_source=EMAIL msrowb82j8q9.png

    Ooo, thanks! I filled out the form for their offer. Can't wait for my free cookies! :)

    They cancelled my order and didn't email me :( I'd suggest everyone who did the free sample cookie thing check and see if theirs cancelled too. I'm super disappointed that they would do this instead of closing the offer in the first place.

    I just checked after you wrote this. Mine is cancelled too! I called customer service. Had to leave a voicemail. I'll let you know what comes of it.
    Awww I am so sorry I thought I could share since they emailed me link to claim the samples. Mine wasn’t canceled yet but I hope if you guys message them on Facebook or email they will look into it. They shouldn’t be able to cancel after order already in. I HATE when companies do things like this just because they received “too many” requests. Companies should know better and put a cap on how many can claim instead of canceling and letting people get their hopes up.

    You may want to check the order status; that's how I learned about them cancelling my order. I didn't even get an email. I hadn't bought L&L in a while since Quest came out with their cookies. After this, especially with the controversy that they're using incomplete proteins in their products, I think I'm done with this company.

    Awwww, man! Mine was cancelled, too.

    Same here. Just logged in and saw it was cancelled. Wonder what they're planning on doing with all our email addresses and information?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Look what you guys have done to me. Lo. I was walking around at target while waiting for the kid to find out why it's the only one in the area without enlightened. There's $1.50 back on up to 3 with Ibotta until the 23rd. Meanwhile I found these and it made me think of everyone here. Lol

    snn3dgic2418.jpg
    im0612r0sh7j.jpg
    s1d0k763qzje.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Ok, I figured out why these lower calorie ice cream pints are so expensive.

    It's because if they were cheap, we would buy and eat them all!

    I tried the Skinny Cow Rocky Road today. I portioned out half the container, ate it ... and went back for the other half! (Good thing I worked out before hand). The chocolate base was really good and creamy - much better than icy Halo Top. The marshmallows didn't add much. No flavor to them, and only occasionally noticed for the consistency change. But the nuts were crunchy and didn't taste weird like some frozen nuts can. Will definitely buy this one again!

    Does anyone have a recommendation for a sherbert option? I know HT has one, but I haven't heard good things so I never tried it.

    I agree so far that the Skinny Cow ice cream containers (from what I've had) are really good. However, I don't think it's completely fair to compare apples to apples because they're also not pints if you notice. instead of 4 - 1/2 cup servings there's 3.5 - 1/2 cup servings. This shouldn't matter too much, but to me it does because when I'm sitting down with a container of ice cream I paid $4-6 for I want as much as I can get! I also think it's a sneaky way to make it seem like less calories than it is. ProYo does it, too. That being said, I finally found more flavors of ProYo and the dark chocolate toffee I had last night was phenomenal, the chocolate was so dark and rich! Arctic Zero's light ice cream had 10000x more toffee in it, but if you want a chocolate ice cream the ProYo is hands down the best I've had for that.

    As for sherbert, honestly I LOVED Halo Top's version! If you liked those rainbow Flinstones push pops as a kid it tastes nearly identical to this. Not quite sherbert but if you're interested in a good sorbet, Sorbabes sells some pretty good flavors worth trying out! I don't buy them too often because they hardly go on sale around me, but if you email the company they send coupons! I've seen them in Wegmans and Shoprite so far :)
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    lalee115 wrote: »
    Ok, I figured out why these lower calorie ice cream pints are so expensive.

    It's because if they were cheap, we would buy and eat them all!

    I tried the Skinny Cow Rocky Road today. I portioned out half the container, ate it ... and went back for the other half! (Good thing I worked out before hand). The chocolate base was really good and creamy - much better than icy Halo Top. The marshmallows didn't add much. No flavor to them, and only occasionally noticed for the consistency change. But the nuts were crunchy and didn't taste weird like some frozen nuts can. Will definitely buy this one again!

    Does anyone have a recommendation for a sherbert option? I know HT has one, but I haven't heard good things so I never tried it.

    However, I don't think it's completely fair to compare apples to apples because they're also not pints if you notice. instead of 4 - 1/2 cup servings there's 3.5 - 1/2 cup servings.

    Yes, I am aware of that sad fact. But it really doesn't bother me. It's not enough difference that I'm eating it and think I really miss those last few spoonfuls. Plus, as for calories, it's 370 for the container vs 400 for the pint of Enlightened peanut butter chocolate chip I still have. So I don't feel like I'm being tricked into getting less for more, I guess. And I'd rather eat it than a lower- calorie full pint of HT (I know I compare the two a lot, but that's where my experience lies lol) But I do understand your point.
    hgycta wrote: »

    As for sherbert, honestly I LOVED Halo Top's version! If you liked those rainbow Flinstones push pops as a kid it tastes nearly identical to this.

    Oh my gosh, I loved those as a kid! Maybe I'll give it a shot next time they are on sale. Thanks!
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    6jl1o8woc72h.png
    Thank you for recommending these!! I tried the cotton candy and the pina colada. LOVEEEE the cotton candy! And WOW the pina colada was really, really good as well! Almost had a creamy texture to it. I want to try the sour heads one.

    I tried the Sour Patch caffeine free. Never, again. Really not my taste. Might try the caffeinated Cotton Candy (they were out of the CF version), but...no more CF for me, unless I find it for free. Then, maybe. :)
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png

    Did they up the calorie count on the Mint Chocolate Chip? Their site says 80 - I guess it's only 10 calories, but darn it, this slow-small-increase with these brands is pushing me further away!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png

    Did they up the calorie count on the Mint Chocolate Chip? Their site says 80 - I guess it's only 10 calories, but darn it, this slow-small-increase with these brands is pushing me further away!

    I actually thought it used to be 90 but it decreased to 80... same with the butter pecan pint, which went down 10 calories a serving! Safeway is probably using an outdated picture :p

    Also, I haven’t seen Enlightened’s Triple chocolate flavor recently, I hope they’re still making it! I tried Skinny Cow’s chocolate cake flavor and it was just as chocolatey, but I’m disappointed - the name made me think there was going to be cake pieces inside but it didn’t have any :’(
    ysxvq5w2yttz.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,354 Member
    8e7d6krw557p.png
    w953zzwp37w8.png

    I saw these at the store today, has anyone tried them yet? Wondering if they are any good and how they compare to the clif zbar and regular clif bar "nut butter filled" bars.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2018
    8e7d6krw557p.png
    w953zzwp37w8.png

    I saw these at the store today, has anyone tried them yet? Wondering if they are any good and how they compare to the clif zbar and regular clif bar "nut butter filled" bars.

    I really liked these bars actually. I thought they were way better than ther cliff zbars and if I'm remembering correctly, better than the filled regular cliff bar although, due to the high calorie count of the regular bars I only tried them once a long time ago. I got one of these Luna Rica bars for free and ended up buying a bunch more. I liked that these ones were separated into 4 pieces so I was easily able to break off one or two for a small treat. The pb and almond ones are better than the salted caramel in my opinion .
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png

    Did they up the calorie count on the Mint Chocolate Chip? Their site says 80 - I guess it's only 10 calories, but darn it, this slow-small-increase with these brands is pushing me further away!

    I actually thought it used to be 90 but it decreased to 80... same with the butter pecan pint, which went down 10 calories a serving! Safeway is probably using an outdated picture :p

    Also, I haven’t seen Enlightened’s Triple chocolate flavor recently, I hope they’re still making it! I tried Skinny Cow’s chocolate cake flavor and it was just as chocolatey, but I’m disappointed - the name made me think there was going to be cake pieces inside but it didn’t have any :’(

    Giant might still carry the Triple Chocolate. I haven't bought ice cream there for awhile so they may have changed it out.

    I did see on Junk Banter that Enlightened had discontinued the Pina Colada flavor.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    If anyone here doesn’t have the Safeway app I suggest you download it and see if you also have this coupon! I DEFINITELY wasn’t expecting to see this!!!
    t55iadxhbo92.png

    Did they up the calorie count on the Mint Chocolate Chip? Their site says 80 - I guess it's only 10 calories, but darn it, this slow-small-increase with these brands is pushing me further away!

    I actually thought it used to be 90 but it decreased to 80... same with the butter pecan pint, which went down 10 calories a serving! Safeway is probably using an outdated picture :p

    Also, I haven’t seen Enlightened’s Triple chocolate flavor recently, I hope they’re still making it! I tried Skinny Cow’s chocolate cake flavor and it was just as chocolatey, but I’m disappointed - the name made me think there was going to be cake pieces inside but it didn’t have any :’(

    Giant might still carry the Triple Chocolate. I haven't bought ice cream there for awhile so they may have changed it out.

    I did see on Junk Banter that Enlightened had discontinued the Pina Colada flavor.

    Pina Colada tasted like sunscreen and was their only truly awful flavor (not crazy about snickerdoodle, but it’s still not as disgusting). As long as triple chocolate is out there somewhere! It was one of my first pints by the company that got me hooked haha
  • RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    8e7d6krw557p.png
    w953zzwp37w8.png

    I saw these at the store today, has anyone tried them yet? Wondering if they are any good and how they compare to the clif zbar and regular clif bar "nut butter filled" bars.

    I’ve tried one flavor of these, but don’t remember. I thought it was just ok. I prefer the Luna Protein and regular Luna Bars instead.
    Rica compared to Clif- personally I think the Clif bars are pretty gross. I can’t get over the texture of them. So I’d choose Rica over Cliff.