Replies

• Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    TIL a group of frogs is called an army.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL Gene Wilder did not tell the public about his Alzheimer's diagnosis, because, "He simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world."
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg
  • cee134
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

How did she know there were fish to begin with?

Rogers included the text of the girl's letter in his book, "Dear Mister Rogers, Does It Ever Rain in Your Neighborhood?" published in 1996.
    As he noted in the book:

One girl and her family wrote to tell us there was a special reason why she wanted me to talk about feeding the fish each day.

Dear Mister Rogers,

Please say when you are feeding your fish, because I worry about them. I can’t see if you are feeding them, so please say you are feeding them out loud.

Katie, age 5 (Father’s note: Katie is blind, and she does cry if you don’t say that you have fed the fish.)
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

Rogers included the text of the girl's letter in his book, "Dear Mister Rogers, Does It Ever Rain in Your Neighborhood?" published in 1996.
    As he noted in the book:

One girl and her family wrote to tell us there was a special reason why she wanted me to talk about feeding the fish each day.

Dear Mister Rogers,

Please say when you are feeding your fish, because I worry about them. I can’t see if you are feeding them, so please say you are feeding them out loud.

Katie, age 5 (Father’s note: Katie is blind, and she does cry if you don’t say that you have fed the fish.)

That doesn't help me

So she clearly knew there were fish because Mr. Rogers says hello to the *kitten* fish sometimes......

I mean, she could hear them.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

She probably saw the episode where he and Officer Clemmons were seeing who could swallow the most live goldfish.

I mean...heard.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

She probably saw the episode where he and Officer Clemmons were seeing who could swallow the most live goldfish.

I mean...heard.

Sounds like my childhood was missing some quality programming

Either that or my brothers made the whole thing up while I was blindfolded and tied to a chair while playing a game of "Ransom".
  • cee134
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

As he noted in the book:

Dear Mister Rogers,

That doesn't help me

So she clearly knew there were fish because Mr. Rogers says hello to the *kitten* fish sometimes......

No where did it say he said hello to the fish! That makes sense

He always talks to his fish. It's the only thing he really does.
  • cee134
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

As he noted in the book:

Dear Mister Rogers,

That doesn't help me

I must watch this film

Do you know who Mr. Rogers is?
  • cee134
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

As he noted in the book:

Dear Mister Rogers,

That doesn't help me

I must watch this film

I know he wears sweaters. And also something about a train

Mr. Rogers loves to run trains.... to imagination land where he meets all his friends like the duck lady and the cat boy that lives in the clock tower.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    hyaczqrjr62y.jpeg

As he noted in the book:

Dear Mister Rogers,

That doesn't help me

I must watch this film

I know he wears sweaters. And also something about a train

Mr. Rogers loves to run trains.... to imagination land where he meets all his friends like the duck lady and the cat boy that lives in the clock tower.

Oh and Count Dracula!

Close. Count Chocula.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Snapple Real Fact #346
    The medical term for writer's cramp is graphospasm.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    That opening a bag of broccoli slaw results in a smell just like broccoli farts.