Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 3

Options

Replies

• gennybunny1
    Options
    Quick check in, crazy week and even crazier weekend.

CW: 207.8 - down 3 lbs this week

Genny
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This was a tasty low cal recipe i thought you might like.

Grilled Greek Chicken

Ingredients [ View Metric ] 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts; 2 pounds
    1 cupRed Wine Vinaigrette
    1 tablespoonfresh Oregano; chopped
    1/2 teaspoonSalt
    1 poundCherry Tomatoes
    1 1/2 ouncesFeta Cheese
    .Calories Per Serving: 310
    How to Prepare Grilled Greek Chicken
    Prepare a mixture of 1 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon of fresh Oregano (chopped) and 1/2 teaspoon of salt then marinate the 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts in it for 1 hour. Pan grill the chicken over medium-high heat (turn it only once). Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Keep the chicken warm when done.

Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half (you can use small mixed heirloom tomatoes). Toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium sized bowl. Reduce grill temperature to medium then sear the tomatoes, cut side down, until slightly softened (about 2 minutes).

Return the tomatoes to the bowl then toss in 1/2 tablespoon of torn, fresh Oregano. Thinly slice the chicken then place it on a platter. Spoon the tomatoes in along side the chicken. Sprinkle 1 1/2 ounces of crumbled Feta Cheese and add remaining oregano over the tomatoes.

I also had some thin slice onions when I added the feta cheese.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Grilled Greek Chicken

1/2 teaspoonSalt
    1 poundCherry Tomatoes
    1 1/2 ouncesFeta Cheese
    Prepare a mixture of 1 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon of fresh Oregano (chopped) and 1/2 teaspoon of salt then marinate the 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts in it for 1 hour. Pan grill the chicken over medium-high heat (turn it only once). Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Keep the chicken warm when done.

Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half (you can use small mixed heirloom tomatoes). Toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium sized bowl. Reduce grill temperature to medium then sear the tomatoes, cut side down, until slightly softened (about 2 minutes).

Return the tomatoes to the bowl then toss in 1/2 tablespoon of torn, fresh Oregano. Thinly slice the chicken then place it on a platter. Spoon the tomatoes in along side the chicken. Sprinkle 1 1/2 ounces of crumbled Feta Cheese and add remaining oregano over the tomatoes.

That sounds awesome! I'm gonna try it this week.
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    CW 292.6

ugh!!! all this having to look for a job is NOT helping me to lose weight!!!!
    Okay.... I am stepping it up... cannot do the jump rope thing... bad knees and bad feet won't allow me to jump like that! But I'm going back to the burpees! As much as I didn't like them, I felt as tho I was getting a good workout!
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    CW: 226 lbs. Down 3.2 pounds!

Thank you Jen for the great chart and the challenges! I appreciate your hard work. It helps me to stay motivated. Logging in my food has really helped me lose weight. I don't have a lot of time to be on the computer so I am finding that I am eating less just because it takes away from others things I want to do on the computer. I love the challenges both physical and personal one. I am putting my money in a skirt that I would love to fit into one day. Have a great day! :)
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    CW 169.2

I am doing well with the challenge, but dang it I went back up in weight.... I hope it will be gone next week...*sigh*
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ok all, something terrible just happened.... :huh: I was just in a vicious and violent fight with a bag of candy corn! You want to talk about a weakness!!! :sad: I completely got my @$$ kicked by an orange combination of high fructose corn syrup and honey! :noway:

First of all I want to ask, SINCE WHEN DID HALLOWEEN PREPARATIONS START IN AUGUST?!?!?!? :angry: :mad: :angry:

Next, I want to ask, what is your weakness? What is your complete downfall? Be specific, not just sugar, not just salt. I can NOT control myself when it comes to candy corn! :love: :love:

Finally, I want to ask, How do you get past your weakness? What do you do to overcome the incredible urges? Let it all out!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Plain m& ms. I could eata big bag of them. I had not had any for quite a while and the other day i was at the store and just had to have some. I bought a the bag that is out the checkout. I did not open it until i got home. I had looked at the calories and i decided i did not want that many. I opened the bag and divided into three putting two sections in ziplock snack bags and eating only 1/3. Surprisinly I was satisfied and even more surprisilnly I still have the other 2 ziplocks in the kitchen. For me looking at the calories before I eat helps me make better decisions
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    I'd have to say my biggest weakness is CHIPS. Really, any kind but my favorites would have to be Ketchup and Dill Pickle. I do a pretty good job of avoiding them, but if I eat one chip I usually end up eating the bag. The only way that I am able to avoid the weakness is by not having chips in my house. If they aren't there I don't get the craving. Once in a while if I've had a craving for a day or two and have been doing well I'll cave in and buy a bag.

Oh, and chocolate covered pretzels are amazing too! I could eat them non-stop. So when I buy them at the Bulk Barn, I'll get just a small bag cause I know I won't be able to resist if I get alot!!
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Ok all, something terrible just happened.... :huh: I was just in a vicious and violent fight with a bag of candy corn! You want to talk about a weakness!!! :sad: I completely got my @$$ kicked by an orange combination of high fructose corn syrup and honey! :noway:

Jenn don't be too hard on yourself! We all give in to our cravings once and a while. The trick is to get right back on track afterwards! Maybe add an extra few minutes to your jumping rope challenge might help off set it!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

First of all I want to ask, SINCE WHEN DID HALLOWEEN PREPARATIONS START IN AUGUST?!?!?!? :angry: :mad: :angry:

Next, I want to ask, what is your weakness? What is your complete downfall? Be specific, not just sugar, not just salt. I can NOT control myself when it comes to candy corn! :love: :love:

Finally, I want to ask, How do you get past your weakness? What do you do to overcome the incredible urges? Let it all out!!! :flowerforyou:

Ack! Candy Corn is here already!? My weakness is peanut butter and honey! I could just sit with a spoon, the jar of peanut butter, and the bottle of honey and easily pack away like 4000 calories.... Its so good.

I pretty much just avoid my pantry...lol. I still have it, and will try to have 1 piece of toast with PB & honey for breakfast....my worst time is at night though when I'm snacky.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Wish I was checking in with the CCC crowd more. I'm in another challenge this month and it is kicking my butt!

Today we did 50 globe jumps (If you don't know what these are...its ike doing the waltz, but jumping instead of stepping, you do 4 jumps (in a square) that = 1 globe jump), 100 jumping jacks, and 100 stair climbs.

The sucky thing is because of other stuff in life, my food was horrible all last weekend, and on wed, and my exercise has been lacking (except for trying to complete the daily challenges)...so I'm up 4lbs today. ::sad::
  • yramesor333
    Options
    sorry everyone i havent been on today and not much of this week !!!! hope everyone is doing awesome!!! just wanted to post this recipe i made tonight it was so yummy !!!

CRUSTLESS ZUCCHINI QUICHE

4 c. cut up zucchini, peeled
    1 med. onion, cut up fine
    1 c. Bisquick
    1 c. grated cheese or u can try low fat mozz. cheese
    1/4 c. vegetable oil
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. parsley
    1 tsp. basil
    5 lg. egg whites

Mix all in large bowl. Pour into greased pan or casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour; it is done when top is golden brown.
    note i put fat free gravy on mine ............................
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just a quick note to say that I'm down to 235.4 I've been doing well in the eating and drinking phase but skipping is kicking my *kitten*!!! I want to try and work up to going as long as possible. I might bring this into my regular workout as it kills me.

I'm not sure if I have one guilty craving in particular but at the moment I'm craving fried chicken!!! Don't know why but just am. After August I may let myself have a couple of pieces just to get rid of the cravings. Other than that, creamy pastas and Ice cream are my absolute favorite. The way I get through it is that I have one cheat day a month and on this day I have a little bit of the things I miss the most or what I'm feeling like on that day. I try not to go overboard and have found that after one one donut I really don't' want another (where I used to sit down and eat 3 or 4!). However to get my cheat day I have to be under my cals everyday for the month and have done some exercise that day too.

So much for being a quick note!! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well team I am not doing good this week. At all. Super busy and stressed at work. Also at home with getting my son's stuff ready for him to move in the dorm on Sunday. He is already in Kansas (has been for 3 weeks working out with the football team). And my daughter is in the high school band they practice 3 times a say Monday thru Saturday beginning the 1st week in August, Even though she gets a ride for most . I still have to go pick her up between 8:30 and 9:30 and be back up by 5 to start getting ready for work and then get her up so she can be out the door by 7. I have not eaten well this week at all. Haven't drank enough water and definitely haven't done the challenge because of my knee. i start everyday to get back on track and then once I leave home it all goes to crap.
    Thanks for listening.
    Will have a busy weekend. Leaving early in the morning for Kansas (from Texas) and will turn around and come back on Sunday night to return to work on Monday morning. What the heck was I thinking? I'm to old to do that kinda trip anymore.
    I will also weigh in tomorrow which will be a day early. And after the week of bad eating I have had will be expecting another gain.
    Congrats to all for such commimtment of joining this challenge. And once again a great big THANKS to Jenn!!!

Oh my!!! I totally get it. Just try to keep starting over. Try to pack some granola bars and water or almonds other good snacks to keep you from temptation. I know we all know what to do it's just being in the right frame of mind. You will make it. Just keep in touch and try not to beat yourself up too bad.

Congrats to you're kids sounds like they are keeping busy... We need them busy and staying out of trouble... mine can drive me to drink some times... But I'll keep them - Hang in there!!!!!
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cw- 125
    Working on the jumping jacks. Not as much fun as I remember.
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    CW 200 Crap!!! Up 2 pounds...

I was hoping to never see the 200's again... :(
    Well my weekness is pumkin chocolate chip cookies... I think that is part if my gain this week... Darn things... From now on I will NOT purchase them!!!! Oh and doughnuts are a weakness.. Oh dear the list can go on an on... I just have to stay away from them!!!
    Jenn your hilarious!!! Thanks for everything... I will admit I've been a slacker on the jumping rope... I guess it's just been a tough week in all... Tomorrow starts a new week!!! I can do this just to refocus and go for it!!!
  • PositivePower
    Options
    CW 231.4
    Down 2 pounds despite a super stressful week and TOM showing up for the second time in 3 weeks. Absolutely needed this to get me back on track!! I gave been super stressed with the doctor telling me all of the things I am not allowed to do until testing is finished on my back.....now they want to run some tests and check for MS. Blah. So I am committing to doing my best on the challenges, but will really be concentrating on making time to get to a pool and going for walks, and renewing my focus on drinking enough water and eating healthier. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I will probably be MIA again for a little while, I have had family here all week, my family just left and now the in-laws are coming in for the next week, then going up near Canada to go camping for 4 days...Good luck everyone! You are doing great!!
    [/qu

TAke care of yourself! Have fun on your camping trip. Do your best eating and staying active....I started out good on my camping trip...then got worse and worse as the days went on. But it's OK I think I have lost what I gained and am feeling on track again thanks to MFP's and my CCC buds!! Come back to check in :)
  • PositivePower
    Options

Grilled Greek Chicken

1/2 teaspoonSalt
    1 poundCherry Tomatoes
    1 1/2 ouncesFeta Cheese

This sounds so great!!! Since I am still asking my teens to help me navigate the computer....is there a way to cut and paste these recipes or save them on my home page? Or I guess I can just get out the old pen and paper to start my CCC recipe book! Thanks :)
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Checking in. :)

CW: 283.8.

Up .4 but it's okay. I really didn't eat well this week and needless to say no exercise either. I've really got to get motivated. I have packed an exercise bag in my car for work Monday and I'm going to start walking on my lunch break. That way I can get my sleep and exercise in. :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!

In response to Jenn... My downfall is McDonalds and Tostitos lime chips.