Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Drinking a bottle and a half on wine yesterday and also smoking a pack of 20 cigarettes + pepperoni pizza.

Once I have a drink I find it hard to resist cigs :(

I've stopped smoking at work so guess some positives

Stopping at work is a start. Next work on decreasing the alcohol so you can work on the cigs. I'm not judging, but cigarettes will kill you and you need to do what it takes to stop. Or take up cigars, because they are just rolled up tobacco leaves not minced tobacco with additives tgst are heaven knows what.

I work for a cancer center (in admin, not clinical) and we stink at curing lung cancer. Every single regimen says "until disease progression" under length of treatment. Please try to stop.
  • heavymetal100
    heavymetal100 Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Luckily I haven't smoked for very long. I started smoking when I was 22 so roughly 2 years now - I don't smoke at home I only crave cigarettes when I have a drink but I go extremely over board like I did on Tuesday.

Cutting down from 10 Cigarettes a day to roughly 20 a week is a good start. Still burning a hole in my pocket waste of money + not good for health.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went a way I don't typically take anymore for work & as I was over the hill I noticed a big black thing out of the corner of my eye coming out of an Apple orchard! As my eyes registered what it was I started to geek out realizing it was a black bear. In PA we do have a lot of black bears, but in my whole life that was the first time I have spotted one in the wild. I'm thinking it was a cub & I was more relieved it didn't run out on the road. I hope it made it safe wherever it was going to. Thank God it wasn't a Mountain Lion/Cougar, because big cats for some reason freak me out. What animals/insects freak you guys out? I would say mine would be big cats, alligators, snakes, & spiders.

Another black bear cub in a more populated town got up in a tree & they had to tranquilize it & relocate it to a safer environment.

@Italian_Buju do you ever see Grizzlies/Brown Bears up in Canada?

Spiders bother me. I can be fascinated with them with them in their web and when they build their web. I don't like walking under their web though. I certainly don't want them in the house.

My sister said that people that live in Alaska are more afraid of moose than bears. I have never been near either in the wild but it surly would be something remarkable to behold.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Two of my brothers lived in Alaska because they were military and one of them is more afraid of moss than bears. Apparently during mating season they are awful.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Can we just talk for a moment about the amount of chocolate I have consumed today and that I only ate 1513 calories? I have a summer cold and only chocolate tastes good. I should probably eat more of my exercise calories back, but I just don't want to. Stupid. Stuffy. Nose.

My chocolate consumption was a bit ridiculous yesterday, too. Which makes sense because TOM came this morning. I feel awful. I want to climb in bed with a hot pad. I don't usually have it hit me like this.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Two of my brothers lived in Alaska because they were military and one of them is more afraid of moss than bears. Apparently during mating season they are awful.

Moss?!? Typo?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Luckily I haven't smoked for very long. I started smoking when I was 22 so roughly 2 years now - I don't smoke at home I only crave cigarettes when I have a drink but I go extremely over board like I did on Tuesday.

Cutting down from 10 Cigarettes a day to roughly 20 a week is a good start. Still burning a hole in my pocket waste of money + not good for health.

I used to smoke when I drank, too. In my 20's. I had to quit drinking for awhile to be able to quit smoking.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Moss?!? Typo?

Yes. And I didn't notice in time to edit. Moose frighten my brother. He accidentally got between a male and a female during mating season. He had a gun, but didn't want to shoot it so he tricked it into running into a very large tree. The moose knocked itself out. My brother got away.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Moss?!? Typo?

Yes. And I didn't notice in time to edit. Moose frighten my brother. He accidentally got between a male and a female during mating season. He had a gun, but didn't want to shoot it so he tricked it into running into a very large tree. The moose knocked itself out. My brother got away.

:o That's crazy.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    I only record my weight when the numbers go down.

I know peaks are inevitable, but I like to look at my graph a see a slow and steady decent (I don't weigh every day though, maybe once/twice a week or so)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Moss?!? Typo?

My brother is crazy. He was in the 101st Airborne division. When the moose thing happened he was playing on the bad guys team during war games. They always had a large caliber handgun in case of moose or grizzly and rubber bullets in the M16. If he had shot it, he would have lost because the good guys would have known he was there. As it was, he made to the good guys HQ, painted a red X on the comms tent and made it back to his base safely. Obviously, the "bad guys" won those war games.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    It's my Thursday as well. My uncle passed over the weekend and the funeral is Thursday. Bad heart and no insurance to be able to care for himself.

The bolded is sad, especially if he missed out on procedures that could improve quality as well as quantity of life. May his memory live on in your heart.

I'm finding it desperately difficult not to comment on this. Let's just say I find it astonishing and appalling that somebody would be denied commonplace treatments due to personal finances in a developed country. You have all my sympathy, and I'm forever grateful for the NHS.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    deviette wrote: »
    Confession:

I know peaks are inevitable, but I like to look at my graph a see a slow and steady decent (I don't weigh every day though, maybe once/twice a week or so)

If that makes you happy, go for it. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Can we just talk for a moment about the amount of chocolate I have consumed today and that I only ate 1513 calories? I have a summer cold and only chocolate tastes good. I should probably eat more of my exercise calories back, but I just don't want to. Stupid. Stuffy. Nose.

My chocolate consumption was a bit ridiculous yesterday, too. Which makes sense because TOM came this morning. I feel awful. I want to climb in bed with a hot pad. I don't usually have it hit me like this.

My boss apparently isn't coming in today. I may say 'screw this place' and go home and take a nap.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    It's my Thursday as well. My uncle passed over the weekend and the funeral is Thursday. Bad heart and no insurance to be able to care for himself.

The bolded is sad, especially if he missed out on procedures that could improve quality as well as quantity of life. May his memory live on in your heart.

I'm finding it desperately difficult not to comment on this. Let's just say I find it astonishing and appalling that somebody would be denied commonplace treatments due to personal finances in a developed country. You have all my sympathy, and I'm forever grateful for the NHS.

So much same.
  • raymax4
    Options
    deviette wrote: »
    Confession:

I do that on MFP because it never tells when you gain but proudly announces you lost weight. I don't want to be congratulated for losing the same pound over and over. If I an reporting for a challenge or to my friends I do tell the truth. It keeps me honest.

I get the liking how the chart looks without the gains in there.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I eat around 500 calories on some Thursdays and Fridays to make sure I have a loss when i get on the scale Saturday mornings.
  • raymax4
    Options

Moss?!? Typo?

My brother is crazy. He was in the 101st Airborne division. When the moose thing happened he was playing on the bad guys team during war games. They always had a large caliber handgun in case of moose or grizzly and rubber bullets in the M16. If he had shot it, he would have lost because the good guys would have known he was there. As it was, he made to the good guys HQ, painted a red X on the comms tent and made it back to his base safely. Obviously, the "bad guys" won those war games.

Ha!! that ought to be made in a movie. Trying to play war-games and dealing with a moose pumped up with testosterone. Did the moose recover?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Moss?!? Typo?

Ha!! that ought to be made in a movie. Trying to play war-games and dealing with a moose pumped up with testosterone. Did the moose recover?

It was gone three hours later and no one was allowed in the area during war games so we have always assumed the best for Bullwinkle.
  • raymax4
    edited June 2018
    Options

Moss?!? Typo?

It was gone three hours later and no one was allowed in the area during war games so we have always assumed the best for Bullwinkle.

Glad to hear it.