• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Answer Of The Day
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    izenzo wrote: »
    Haven't posted in a few days. I have been doing 'summer cleaning' and getting my veggie garden up and running. Plus putting up small fence to keep my big dogs out of it.

In between, I've started my swims again. Hit the pool 3 times this week to do laps. I love having swim headphones as I swim longer without realizing it while enjoying the music. Downside is, you can't sing along or you might drown

We definitely need a LOL button! I have just started swimming lessons and learning how to swim. My goal is to be able to swim laps. My problem right now is not breathing properly. I am going to have to look into these headphones for when I can do it!
  • carolc1955
    carolc1955 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't do WW but have in the past (about 40 years ago). I am restarting MFP for the Umpteenth time today and am determined to succeed this time.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    great weekend. only downside was it didn't last long enough! 3 out of 4 kids showed up at the house (with friends) all at the same time - happy coincidence! ended up with impromptu cookout and gab session. was almost like the old days when they were all at home and all their friends would come and stay for the weekend!

Friday, I made 10 dozen giant chocolate chip cookies for a Jeep Club Meet & Greet on Saturday. (did not eat any because I was so sick of making them!) I tried to stay within my limits while there, but did indulge in some special banana/lemon pudding dessert but I didn't go crazy. (yay me!) Tried to get more walking/activity in too. I think I OD'd on watermelon though - 1.5 whole watermelons in 2 days! Luckily, its mostly water and not high in calories.

Have been texting/messaging back and forth with "new" sister every day. My brother too. She will be in Indy in July while bringing her son to dive camp. My brother has a conference in Chicago around same time. He plans to extend his trip and rent a car so we can all meet together in Indy.

Lana - hope that eye business is done and over with before the cruise. would not want you to have to miss it!

Dawn - that is a great thing you're doing to in memory of your grandpa. keep at it with eating right. you've done it before so you know you can do it again! keep drinking your water! ;)

Sara - the sweet potato, black bean burritos sounds intriguing. do you use taco seasoning stuff as usual or something different with the sweet potato?

AOTD - keeping up with water intake and trying to fit in more activity/exercise/walking whenever I can.

Waving to everyone who drops by!!

*snapping fingers for Cboy to bring a round of no-cal drinks & foot massages for everyone*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn, I use plain sweet potatoes but I have seen recipes using taco seasoning.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    AOTD: back to working with the trainer for the next 11 weeks, after taking the past month off (from the trainer - still attempted to strength training at least once/week).

Am starting g to get bored with my usual exercise routines so looking to shake things up a bit.

Stanley Cup playoff game #4 tonight. Go Caps!

Cheers,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I figured since taco seasoning was mentioned- I would see what skinnytaste used it for - so there was a theme that developed.

Hot enough here so a chicken wrap sandwich is a nice dinner.

I will see if I can watch the hockey updates online.

Lana - keep us posted if you can about your eye and if you get on a ship.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - good vibes that your eye is all better! No matter what, eyes are very important. But, hope you are able to enjoy cruise..

Sara - thank you for sharing recipes. I am hoping to try them, one day. Chicken wrap sounds yummy... ever since finding out calories in a Subway Wrap, I'm extra cautious... very yummy and filling..

Kathryn - sounds and looks like you had a wonderful weekend. They're never long enough. Glad you will be able to meet your sister and your brother will join you. Hope you have a great visit. Thank you. I am hoping, I can raise a bit in my fundraiser. I walked on my lunch, today. Only day this week that heat won't be unbearable. Water... water... water for sure...

Tess - good for you with trainer. I got burnt out when I went to gym. I was determined to keep going, since I was paying. I would have the entire gym to myself at times. Which, is a blessing and a curse. No one to push or encourage...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    CAPS WIN! One more game....

(Thank you for indulging me....)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess, I just checked the score and would have done something if you had not. How many more games do they need to win - have they ever won the Stanley Cup?

Time to find the inside of my eyelids.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Cool breeze yesterday so letting air in.

Lana - can you update us?? Thoughts coming your way.

Dog up early and just better to take care of her.

Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Did an early morning gym session and feel great today. 15 mins run, 10 mins row then weightlifting. Now working :(
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

I am going on the cruise today.

Eye doctor at Big Eye Hospital says at the moment there is no tear or detachment. But my understanding is that once these significant symptoms start, there is a 60-90 period where tears or detachment can/will happen? My memory is horrid, and I was nervous, so today I'm not clear on it.

He told me what the symptoms of tears or detachment look like, and, if anything happens the first half of the cruise, I will bail out on Saturday in Puerto Rico and fly home. Otherwise I'll be back on Wednesday the 13th and will see him on Thursday the 14th.

Waving to Tracy and Sara and Snowflake and Missy and Carol and Kathryn and Tess and Dawn and Saltine and Bufger and Eryn and Izenzo and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana

238.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    60-90 days Lana is the "window" for retinal tears, keep the emergency # handy when you get home and go on your cruise......glad your doctor gave you a game plan for "what if" sounds like a decent dr.

At work, there might be a 3rd virtual lap around the cubicles today - will keep you posted.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Sara, the Caps have to win one more game to win the Stanley Cup - and they have three games left in the series to do it. Next game is Thursday in Vegas. It’s a must-win for Vegas so it will be a tough game. Caps have never won a Cup - have never been this close. DC is red with Caps fever!

Bufger, very inspiring! I’m impressed by your energy that early in the morning.

Lana, so glad your eye situation is not as dire as you feared. Thinking of you and hope you will be soon on the waves with the C-boys.

Go Caps! Waves to all.

Tess
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Happy Tuesday.

Just wanted to check in. Have been doing very well the past few days and starting to feel better. Have been a bit under the weather with stomach/head issues, but starting to feel better. I've been getting lots of rest.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Just a quick update, I haven't started my AM walks...my bed is just too comfy to get out of...I know that is an excuse as I have gotten up early before & will do it again by the end of this week.

Gave pups a hair cut on Saturday, my little Mocha was so good & let me snip anywhere I wanted...Thumbelina on the other hand growled, tried to bite me (not hard, more just to tell me to leave her alone...lol) also tried to bite the scissors, & yelped like I was trying to kill her or something...I got most of her cut but she is a work in progress...haha

Just one question tho just wondering if anyone knows why my pups are dragging their butts on the floor? I thought worms but haven't seen any...BF said I need to drain their Anal gland, I really hope not bc I am so not going there...lol

Lana~glad to hear your eyes are not as bad as you thought & you can enjoy your cruise.

Sara~Love the recipes & will definitely try a few, thanks a bunch!

Kathryn~Go Caps Go!!! :)

Waves to all who stop in!

~Saltine~ >:)