• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.34min, 133mhr, 12.6amph. 1.5mi= 66c
    apple watch- 61c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- walk/jog 15.33min, 119ahr, 135mhr, 1mi= 124c
    apple watch- 134c
    0 RUNNER- 25min, 119ahr, 137mhr, lvl7, 9.13min mi, 19h, 108c, 62l, 2.73mi= 189c
    apple watch- 177c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.13min, 124mhr, 17.5amph, 1.5mi= 44c
    apple watch- 39c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.26min, 12amph, 114ahr, 143mhr, 3mi= 166c
    apple watch- 119c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.47min, 152mhr, 139ahr, 9.11min mi, .5mi= 63c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.22min, 9.24min mi, 148mhr, .4mi= 59c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- windy!! 19.10min, 8.1amph, 145mhr, 196c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 906
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did Solid Gold Cardio DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the deep water class.

Rebecca – I’m so sorry to hear you were in such pain and still are. Sending good vibes. What a majestic deer you had there!

Jennifer – welcome. I bet Mary would have some good advice about the Keto for you.

Question: I need facts to back up what I want to say to Vince. The other day right after he ate lunch he suddenly got dizzy and nauseous (it went away after a few minutes, he’s fine now). Like his father, he immediately attributed it to something he ate. Well, he ate the same thing for lunch that he’s had many times. He’s convinced that it’s these cupcakes that I put out for him. Now, I made the cupcakes, just froze some so that they all weren’t out and go stale. He’s convinced that that’s what caused it. He’s had cupcakes from this batch before with no problem. Same with the icing. What I want to say is “it’s not always what you ate, but what you DIDN’T eat. Our bodies are very amazing at telling us what we need. For example, when we need extra iron, even before the blood test confirms this, our body tells us that we need extra iron because we get tired very easily”. I just need more examples. Anyone have any?

Karen in VA – go-karting is so much fun, just wish the cars could go faster….lol

Rye – you poor dear. Please let us know what’s happening. Carol’s hypothesis sounds reasonable

Rita – feel better fast

Vince had these lights (rope lights) all along the railing on the deck, but they needed to come down since they were coming off. They weren’t rated for outdoor use. Well, I spent almost all day taking the adhesive off the railing. I would guess 15-20 feet of railing. Spent all day getting the adhesive off. Someone suggested that you put motor oil on a tree stump that you want to get rid of. What it’ll do, I have no idea. I put some of the spectracide in them a while ago and today I put this motor oil in them. I don’t know what’ll happen. We went to Lowes and got some more blocks that Vince put around the cantilever umbrella. He likes it, I’m not crazy about it. But he needed me to pick up the blocks, he positioned them. Then he went into the spa to have the jets on his back. Tomorrow I’m planning to spray paint the blocks that I cut yesterday to use for the Christmas decorations. I don’t do a fantastic job painting, just enough so that they blend in with the grass. Then I want to wash off the deck railing since there’s so much mold. Then I want to put down the extra rocks that Vince got up, there are a few spots where we need them.

Thursday I volunteer at the green room, afterwards I want to go to the farmer’s market and see what they have. Hope they have honey since I need some. Then I’ll stop at Lowes and get this 30-minute stuff that takes off mold. I did put the wet & forget on the railing, but I’m a bit impatient. Also, if Vince is going to put different lights around the railing, I want it to be clean.

Precious perla – welcome. Come in often for lots of support and motivation

Pip – are you trying to outdo Kirby???? So glad you weren’t hurt

Rebecca – don’t you just hate it when you have to wait so long to see a doctor? I called about my trigger thumb weeks ago. At that point it wasn’t real bad, only happened every so often. I can’t see him until next week. Now it’s gotten to the point where it’s like the trigger all the time and the strength in my right thumb just isn’t the same as the left (weaker). Now if I’d been able to see him when I first started having symptoms, maybe it wouldn’t be like this. Oh well…. I feel for ya

Rori – happy birthday to your dh. Good for you getting all that swimming in. Are you impacted at all by the fires?

Michele in NC

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *16,000 steps
    *179 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *92 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *90 minutes spreading bark and pulling weeds
    *one minute plank

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

You all were a big help, thanks so much. I let things like this bother me way more than I should do. I have told my boss and he let me know this person is a known problem, and the hospital system president (with whom she evidentially does in fact know) no longer takes her calls on such matters.

I’m just dismissing it from my mind, now and think I’m being much more successful at doing so. I will never understand such behavior, but it is now just a thing in the past.

In the present, my facial rash is almost completely gone - just an odd bumpy red area on one cheek and slight pinky hue to my face. I have only rinsed my face, not washed it since this happened. Kinda worried about it but it really was likely just an allergic reaction. I’m thankful it was so minor and transient since it was so visible.

Roriyour swimming sounds like it is just the ticket you need. I relate to the feelings you seem to have about swimming and am happy you have it.

Michelle don’t runners and cyclists need to watch their electrolyte intake to make sure they get enough or bad things will happen?

Felicia I love MOMA’s. I bet SF has a fantastic one! Enjoy!

wendy Thanks for the link!

Barbara Wow, if you had been there she never would have stood a chance !!! Thanks! You gave me a big smile! Good news for you indeed, glad to hear it! And you are so right our dearest furry ones do leave us all too soon.

Okie glad you are in top of it- taking care of that before it becomes major water damage. I’m glad you have a witness and pictures, I have been recording engine sounds in cars for years, - things that are dismissed time after time become diagnosable once they hear the proof.

I had more to reply to, but I’m so bushed. Bed is calling.

Rye
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Chicken crust pizza with turkey pepperoni for dinner. Yum!

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Looked like it might rain today but then this afternoon the sun came out. Went to the YM and got my workout in. Also saw the doctor today because I thought I might have a UTI and yes I have a bladder infection. Now on antibiotics. She said I could wait to start them until the cultures came back but said that they are using a new lab and that might be 3 to 3-1/2 days. I can be nearly done with the ones I have by then. I see the pulmonologist tomorrow for follow-up on the sarcoidosis.

Rebecca - That scan does not sound like fun. Hope after all that you get good results.

Michelle - Do you take a statin for cholesterol? I was taking one that after about three weeks I was itching on my arms and torso especially the inside of the elbows and armpits. It turned out that I was allergic to that medication. Doctor changed it and have not had any more trouble.

Rori - Sounds like your retirement is going swimmingly.

Wendy - Thanks for the link.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lenora: I think of Heather when I hear the quotation that begins with, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." It is based on a quotation from Voltaire. :smiley:

Rita: I hope that you feel better soon. (((hugs))).

Heather: I love to hear about your travel adventures. :heart:

Barbara: I tried growing snow peas a couple of years. The vines were over whelming because there were so many peas all at once. I really don't care for snow peas unless they are fresh. Freezing the crop wasn't satisfactory. Beans are different. I think they handle freezing better. :ohwell:

Okie: Good luck with your AC. :flowerforyou:

Precious Perla: Welcome! :star:

Alison: I think it is grand that you won some money at bingo. Don't spend it all in one place. :wink:

Pip: Be careful out there! I'm glad you weren't hit. :flowerforyou:

This afternoon I robbed our boat of silverware, pots and pans. They're in the dishwasher right now & I'll be putting them in the RV tomorrow. I was going to by new, and changed my mind. Why spend all that money to buy new when I have things available that I'm not using? I left glassware and dishes on board. I may decide to retrieve the glassware. It isn't actually glass; it is acrylic.

We reserved a campsite at a county park for the fourth of July and went up to see our spot today. We liked our spot but the caretaker says we shouldn't camp there because we won't be bringing a horse. I need to go into the county offices tomorrow and talk to the woman in charge. Nothing in their information said that a horse was a requirement to camp in that spot.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”

- Lucille Ball

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Rori great swim streak! Your fridge contents makes me feel like clean eating too. o:)

Michelle for me, eating salty, fatty foods makes me dizzy--uncomfortably dizzy. Too much sugar is always followed by a crash and a headache :s

Things are cranking up for DD as she preps for her semester abroad, just as things are slowing down for me at work, but still plenty to keep me distracted or too overprotective. Later I'm headed to the gym with DD, she'll run and I'll climb/walk onthe treadmill. Looking forward to watching my garden grow, if only the weather were a little more predictable! lol

NYKAREN