• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.10min, 130mhr, 13.2amph. 1.5mi= 66c
    apple watch- 59c
    SKI MACHINE- 15min, hip program, 109ahr, 131mhr, .67mi= 94c
    apple watch- 87c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 15min, random hill program, 124ahr, 142mhr, 50rpm 1.56mi= 130c
    apple watch- 116c
    HELIX Machine- 15min, 118ahr, 139mhr, lvl5= 122c
    apple watch- 114c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.25min, 119mhr, 16.4amph, 1.4mi= 43c
    apple watch- 40c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 14.57min, 12.2amph, 115ahr, 148mhr, 3mi= 134c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.56min, 148mhr, 136ahr, 9.32min mi, .5mi= 60c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.22min, 9.31min mi, 111ahr, 144mhr, .4mi= 50c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- windy!! 15.40min, 9.8amph, 133ahr, 159mhr, 2.5mi= 188c
    Apple Watch- 161c

total cal 887
  • nanajo4srhr
    nanajo4srhr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I become part of this group?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    :star::heart: :star:

Just saying hi!
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Peach/Carol – Do you remember Diane Harrison? Her sister, Glenda and her significant other, have gone all over the world on cruises … they LOVE it! Been to Italy, Greece, Egypt, China, Australia, Russia, and I can’t remember all the other places they’ve gone on ‘short’ one around the Bahamas and that area and the Caribbean. I enjoy all the pictures she posts on FB. My oldest sister and BnL are going on one to Cuba. It’ll be an ‘educational’ tour – and I think they have to take 2 classes on the cruise for it to be considered ‘educational’.

Barbara – I gave in and decided to use the magnesium citrate – it worked; but, I thought it was never going to be any other color than really dark. Go for my yearly physical and the nurse brought in one of those stool sample kits. I told her they were going to be doing my colonoscopy over – UGH! She went and talked to the MD; he still wanted me to have it. I got all my Pre-op tests run today and they should have the results by tomorrow; then all I will have to do is pick them up so the hospital can get them. I still have to go to the Pre-op appointment because of being put under for the LINX procedure. I was pretty miserable; one reason I took the M/C – because I knew it would work. Surgeon wanted me to not be constipated by the time the LINX procedure is done. I think 2 days of prep and 2 (actually 3) days of liquid diet will do it for me. I should lose nearly 10lbs at that rate. NOT that it would be the way I would want to do it. I’m thinking … ‘hey, white wine is a clear liquid …’; but, I also know I need to double check with the Surgeon’s office first.

Barbie – Heather – I hope I ‘saved’ the story on this saying with a ‘new twist’ … lf I can find it I will send it by PM. Don’t want someone to thing and say that it should not be posted if they somehow think/thought it was too religious or political … it could probably be a little of both.

PreciousPerla – I think if you click on their name under their avatar; it will give you a place to send a message and maybe they can send one to you. If MFP has not changed it. I’m getting so frustrated with FB and how it seems to blink on and off and I have to sign back in it and then I am totally on a different set of posts. I tried to ‘share’ something with someone and suddenly it blinked and I had to scroll down through what seemed like pages and pages of posts to find it. Did that 3x … GGGRRRrrrrr!!!!!
    Tell us a little about yourself, name you prefer to be called, locations (general or specific), family, hobbies, goals, that sort of thing so that we can ‘get to know you better’.

Pip – You and Kirby need to be careful. Kirby needs you! You need him. I am glad that you weren’t hurt – scared $#*Tless maybe; but, not hurt. We were turning out on the highway and a trucker had stopped and parked off to the side; the trucker got out and crossed the road and started riding a skateboard … where he was going, I had no idea; he was a couple of miles from the nearest anything.

Rebecca – Hope you get to feeling much better real soon.

Rori – My husband is 76; the other day he fell asleep in his chair and it was about suppertime. I woke him up and he was so disoriented it almost scared me. I called him and he looked up at me; but, he couldn’t remember much of anything. I’m guessing that maybe he was so deep in REM sleep that it shocked his system. He’s been fine since.

Michelle – Louis and I went to Mellow Mushroom several months ago; and, we ate lunch there; had some left over and came right home. Did not stop or anything. That night I ate some and 4 hours later, Louis ate the rest. I got sick immediately; and, then he did. We both decided that it had to be ‘food poisoning’. I don’t know why we did not get sick at lunchtime; but, did at suppertime. As a child, I got very sick after eating ‘creamed corn’ and threw it up. I was an adult before I would even ‘try’ it again. All I really remember is that I cannot look at vomit, it makes me gag; and, unless it is ‘fresh creamed corn’ I can’t eat it. I don’t eat canned creamed corn, at all. Louis does NOT drink enough fluids either.

Whoever was talking about husbands and their fathers … I know where you are coming from. My late DFnL was 'mean as a snake' (according to Louis and Mike); but, Louis knows (now) why - because he wanted them to be independent and able to do things that 'needed' to be done. My DMnL was a 'love'. Louis takes after his Mother in that he is definitely an extrovert. He can talk to anybody and has a very calming affect on his clients and sons, me, and total strangers. My DBnL, on the other hand, is EXACTLY like his Dadd - mean, moody, looks just like him, and now that he is older - very strange, too. Spends all the $$$ he makes working for Louis on lottery scratch off tickets; I mean the $10 and $20 ones. He has a stack on them (several stacks) … one has to be 7 or 8 inches tall. He spends 30 or more minutes scratching off tickets before he goes to work; then again, in the afternoon - same thing. He brings bread crumbs to the little birds at the convenience store and whistles to them. He is a 'hermit' … most days he doesn't say Jack-Squat to anyone. He has a granddaughter who is a teacher married to a medical student and they have a baby that just turned one. For the life of us, we do not understand why he does not move to Gainesville, FL - buy a duplex and let them live for 'low rent' in the other side. He could help with the baby; and she could make sure that he is okay. Stubborn! She has called Louis after trying to get him to answer the phone. He was really sick and in the hospital the beginning of last year (or year before). She wanted him to moved down there where they were living and where they will probably stay. Her Daddy (his youngest son) died a couple of years ago; he's got another son who lives in Tallahassee who he will go down a 'visit' for the day; but, because he thinks that his DnL's parents are stuck-up he won't stay - not at Thanksgiving or Christmas or for his grandchildren's birthdays. He has another grandson who lives out in California (son of the oldest son in Tallahassee). He thinks he is 'weird' … look in the mirror, Mike - he gets it 'honestly'. He keeps a toothpick in his mouth ALL the time. Whenever I look at him, I think - one day he is going to swallow that damn thing; but, it is a habit that his Dad had. When he is a 'butt-O' … I call him "Granddaddy" (usually that will change his attitude). But, most times, unless he talks to me first - I let him be. He's grumpy most of the time; but, when he is in a 'good mood' he is talkative. Crazy man!

Skuehn48 – I cannot take any statins … I have to try to keep it under control with diet. UGH! That and trying to ‘lose weight’ has been hard to do. It is still high; but, I have taken so many different medications for several health issues that I will only take a ‘new’ medication if my PsycheMD approves it. He is my ‘most important’ MD; then my Neurologist, then my GP and my GYN (who has treated me for over 43 years) are running a close tie for 3rd/4th. I have to see my GP every 6 months just to be able to stay ‘on his list of patients’ or else they’ll roll me down to see the next in line. Personally, due to some issues I have had with ‘female’ MDs/Dos – I don’t WANT to go to a ‘female’ MD. If ‘they’ have a ‘bad bedside manner’ it is usually because they are either having a ‘bad hair day’ or they are ‘outright mean-spirited as HELL-O Kitty’. When I was in the hospital the end of last year – the PsycheMD (a female – and not my own) decided that she would get me ‘textbook theraupedic’ on all my medications. Never asked me ‘if’ there was a ‘reason’ that my Dilantin might have been on the low side. Now, it will take me even longer thanks to her increasing my Dilantin to the point that I was “Dilantin Toxic” which made my first week at home very scary … and probably the reason that my husband told my ‘social worker’ that I was not ‘ready’ to come home.

Katla – Love the Lucille Ball quote. She was a very talented woman.

Well, will need to be going to be soon. Just as soon as I hear what is going on … on the news. Got to go have them re-check my wrist; then get my hair cut. YEAH!!! It really needs it.

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an ASAP Fitness DVD and then some of a yoga DVD

Rye – I’m wondering…could your rash have been a reaction to your stress? I think cyclists DO need to monitor their electrolytes on long bike rides. Am I right, M?

Sue in WA – no, I don’t take any statin. The only things I take are the lamictal (which I’ve been taking for about a year now and haven’t been constantly itching), phenobarbitol (which I’ve been taking for a long time with no reaction), calcium suppliment (which I’ve been taking for a long time with no reaction) and a multi (same thing – long time, no reaction). I’m always taking things down to the condo that I don’t regularly use or that I’d probably donate otherwise. Like I have a vacuum cleaner down there that’s probably at least 30 years old. One attachment doesn’t work and hasn’t for a long time, there’s a tiny hole in the tube that puts the dirt in the bag. But for as often as I use it (maybe twice a year), it works. I have a colander down there that I was going to give to the Salvation Army until I found that we needed one down there. Most of the things that we need if I don’t have, I get at the Salvation Army

NYKaren – I have a feeling that all the fat probably isn’t the cause of Vince’s problems. Now if I have a lot of fats, my stomach starts to say to me “I don’t think so”. He’s had this kind of lunch before. I really think it has to do more with what he doesn’t eat than what he does. As you know, he’s REAL pickey, will only eat certain foods. You need a balanced diet. But that’s the way he was brought up.

Okie – happy anniversary!

M – problem with the icing on the cupcake is that he’s had them before with this icing. He usually takes his vitamin with breakfast. I don’t think he takes anything with dinner. I take one of my calcium suppliments, but I’ve never had a reaction. I never thought of a TIA!!! Now THAT’S something worth thinking heavily about. He DID have WPW. That article was very informative.

You ladies gave me some great suggestions about the itching. Problem? I can’t remember them all. I do remember the coconut oil which I can’t use, the Dove, the Cera-V (is that how it’s spelled?), the shea butter. But for the life of me I can’t remember the others. I remember someone suggested cutting back on sugars (do that pretty muchly) and carbs (trying….). But beyond that….nothing. Does anyone know how I can search for the posts about this? I’ve tried using the “search” (supposedly) tool, I searched by “exermom” by “itch” – didn’t get this info tho.

Lanette – like you, I could never get the breathing down right when it came to swimming. I did OK in the deep end on my back. The energy company would kill the trees under the power lines here even before the trees got big. They kill trees that I never even would have thought would interfer with the power lines.

The original plan for tomorrow was to to the bank, see Lynette, go to the Green Room, the farmer’s market, Lowe’s Hardware, buy gas and come home. Well, seems we’re going to be cutting the grass so I think I’ll go early to get the gas, Lowe’s hardware, the bank, Lynette, Green Room and skip the farmer’s market. We’ve lived a few weeks without honey, another week won’t kill us. I do want some local honey, tho.

Snowflake – Vince will go to the doc at the drop of a hat if he thinks he even slightly needs to go. However, he doesn’t feel he needs to since it’s over with. Hopefully, if it was a TIA, it’ll slow up in his routine blood work

Rye – personally, I like doing yard work myself. Not only for the monetary savings, but it gives me a sense of accomplishment and ownership. Like I look at that 20 tons of rock that we put down 6 years ago and know that we did all the work. Now I look at the mulch and know that it was my work that did it. OK, Vince still needs to spread it out. The only reason I haven’t done that is because I won’t do it right (the way he wants it done). I should probably just do it myself and if he doesn’t like it, tough! Maybe that’s what I’ll do.

Today spray painted the blocks for the Christmas decorations, wiped down some of the railing on the deck, finished spray painting, put the rock down in the places where we needed more (the extras from when Vince put down the pavers for the umbrella), then started to hammer in the nails for the blocks only I’m not doing it right. So I’ll leave that to Vince to do. I just may spread the mulch myself.

Jess called yesterday. Seems she took 4 exams, she aced 3 of them and got a “C” in the fourth. In her words “I’m not paying all this money for a “C”. So she’s motivated. She’s like Vince, if he wants something done, it’ll get done asap. If it’s not high on his priority list, it doesn’t get done. She’s now talking more and more about her white coat ceremony. I think for a while there she was almost unsure if she’d be going. I knew that she could do it and would be going.

Beth – I hope everything works out for your son

Wendy – what ARE you going to do with all your time???

Nanajo – you become part of this group by posting! Come back often. Don’t forget to bookmark this spot. Welcome!

Lenora – I like your take that “white wine is clear liquid”. I just may mention that to the doc the next time I need to go for a colonoscopy. “Oh, I guess I can have white wine since it’s clear…”. I’m sure he’ll agree <yea, right>

Michele in NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    They did a ballet performance of Frozen or us because this town is featured in the film!!

Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Lisa~ my condolences on your father in law.. he looked like a very special man...
    I slept well. and woke up without an alarm getting Tal on the bus and walk the dogs, and then supposedly having the new microwave installed. my landlord bought a stainless one because its cheaper and Home Depot will install, only thing is that the rest of the appliances are white... oh well..
    will get things done here at the house while they are here installing,,, gives me time to be at the house,
    My son wants me to help him clean the rest of his stuff out of my dads house..Sean gave him a deadline.