Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

erikNJ.....I'm hoping you reported the guy!!!

For one it really just happened suddenly. I was watching him like what the *kitten* is that guy doing, and when it hit me he was gone.

Also, in my industry, if I had to report everything I see like that and take responsibility for every idiots actions - I might as well just quit and become a cop.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

For one it really just happened suddenly. I was watching him like what the *kitten* is that guy doing, and when it hit me he was gone.

Also, in my industry, if I had to report everything I see like that and take responsibility for every idiots actions - I might as well just quit and become a cop.

Hey, I wasn't trying to ride you. I realize the "shock" of seeing something stupid takes time to process & then by the time our brains kick in, it's too late to act the way we'd like. I also realize that we can't "police" everyone or we'd have no time to live our own lives. I just wondered if you were able to call it in. Take care.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »

Hey, I wasn't trying to ride you. I realize the "shock" of seeing something stupid takes time to process & then by the time our brains kick in, it's too late to act the way we'd like. I also realize that we can't "police" everyone or we'd have no time to live our own lives. I just wondered if you were able to call it in. Take care.

I didn’t take any offense to your comment, just explaining my side. It is a sad part of my job. And I wish I was able to do more. Believe me, I had a moment after it happened where I wished I had been able to do something
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So I was thinking about my buddy and I was thinking about the lies of drinking. I guess if you spend a lot more time under the influence the lies can get bigger and easier to believe.

When I was drinking mostly daily I always knew it was a problem. That was never my lie. My biggest lie was that one more day wouldn't really matter. It wasn't an insignificant lie though. That lie was perpetual until I finally forced a break and a set of moderation rules. It makes sense as this lie correlates to the delays starting my weight loss efforts too.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - awesome list and thanks for sharing. I especially liked the part where she said to eat sugar, LOL!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes, the whole drinking/driving stupidity. I will admit I have been that stupid in the past.

Boy, me too. Really resonated with me. We have had friends who've been put through the DUI ringer and it is horrendous. Mandatory AA, huge fines, losing license and sometimes jobs. You do NOT want to go there.

Also many congrats on your 12-day streak!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    @JulieAL1969 - awesome list and thanks for sharing. I especially liked the part where she said to eat sugar, LOL!

You know it! Remember we were talking a bout having a sugar cravings when we quit, because alcohol is sugar.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @como_agua What a journey you have been on. I dont know why bad things happen to good people, but I do know you are strong, positive and kindhearted which much be the result of that horrific time in your life.

I listen to Tony Robbins once in awhile, and he had a very abusive mother but he said he is who he is today because of that childhood. I know Tony's not perfect but he did rise above, as you have as well. You've been doing very well moderating - bravo!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    k9queen wrote: »
    Although I don't drink a lot quantity-wise, I do have a drink daily and am convinced that is what is putting weight back on. So I'm going off except for special night on the weekend. Hopefully posting this will help my determination. Thanks in advance!

Alcohol is sugar; the body goes first to digesting that sugar and then it works on the food you've eaten. Also, those hundreds of extra calories you drink doesn't help. Good for you for setting some firm goals. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    edited June 2018
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    So I was thinking about my buddy and I was thinking about the lies of drinking. I guess if you spend a lot more time under the influence the lies can get bigger and easier to believe.

When I was drinking mostly daily I always knew it was a problem. That was never my lie. My biggest lie was that one more day wouldn't really matter. It wasn't an insignificant lie though. That lie was perpetual until I finally forced a break and a set of moderation rules. It makes sense as this lie correlates to the delays starting my weight loss efforts too.

Remember that book title several have mentioned is "Alcohol Lied to Me."
    Now that you're moderating, do you feel calmer and more patient. I've noticed that result of abstaining for many days in a row makes me deal with problems a little bit better.

What is hard for you is you care for this person and it's really up to him to decide his path in life. I once listened to a sermon on youtube. The pastor said no matter what though you never give up on someone else. I can see that you won't.