Help with snacking!!

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Ok left over pizza on oven trying hard not to eat it . So far so good

If it fits the calories maybe have a little piece ? If not,throw it out. Especially if you don't think you have the willpower to save it for when you do have the cals.

I know it's tough but remember why you're here.

Commit to not over snacking for just tonight.

or do what we do freeze whats left and have it for another day
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    No late night snacking due to being sick and lost my appetite. Great job Ralphone!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Day 11 no snacks night.
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Omg I hear you. We had to move back in with my family after we had our kids and my father is a terrible influence with the midnight snacking. I had done so well when I had my kids, lost 60 pounds, but since we have moved back here I had gained it all back in a year.

@sparkey7588 Come back and see us. No snacks after midnight is the goal for the moment. Once that clock strikes midnight its time for night night or to turn off the snacks (unless you work night shift)

Time to attack those lbs...........you can do it!
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hate it when snacks attack! I’m a fridge vulture - start wandering into the kitchen at night for “just a bite” and “just a taste”. This while telling myself “I’m so hungry” which isn’t, upon reflection, physically true. It helps to ask yourself “am I hungry? Or am I...bored, upset, tired, thirsty”...whatever your common snack triggers are.

Sometimes when I’m struggling it helps me to measure/weigh and package up all my food for the day in advance. I have some larger plastic storage boxes and will put everything for the day in there. If I want to snack, fine, but when the box is empty it’s empty! Sounds weird but it helps me reset sometimes :smile:
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day 12 and still no Snacks . Good luck all
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    JLG1986 wrote: »
    I hate it when snacks attack! I’m a fridge vulture - start wandering into the kitchen at night for “just a bite” and “just a taste”. This while telling myself “I’m so hungry” which isn’t, upon reflection, physically true. It helps to ask yourself “am I hungry? Or am I...bored, upset, tired, thirsty”...whatever your common snack triggers are.

Sometimes when I’m struggling it helps me to measure/weigh and package up all my food for the day in advance. I have some larger plastic storage boxes and will put everything for the day in there. If I want to snack, fine, but when the box is empty it’s empty! Sounds weird but it helps me reset sometimes :smile:

That is a great way to go about attacking the snack...........another thing to keep in mind is that that feeling of being "hungry" is actually our stomach shrinking back down to its normal size.

I use this as a reminder to run away from the snacks while my tummy is shrinking back down.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Day 12 and still no Snacks . Good luck all

Nicely done Ralphone.......keep it going bud!
  • shannoniacovino
    shannoniacovino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So how are you doing? Is this thread dead? I have lots of willpower before 5pm. I like to knit. Keeps my hands busy.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    No its mine
  • Ralphone
    Options
    It's alive and well trying for 13day no late night snack streak with the help of Yoda
  • Ralphone
    Options
    Day 14 and still on track B) no late snacks
  • Ralphone
    Options
    OK 15 days and still going strong.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Nice job Ralphone! Kicking butt on this end as well.......weigh in day is coming up next week.........hoping to be a little closer to breaking through that 200 lb mark!
  • Ralphone
    Options
    All right keep it up . Just made it to 198 last week. Looking for night 16
  • happybappy450
    happybappy450 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all - not posted in here in a while, but I’ve been tackling the late night snacking.... started doing a fitness dvd after dinner to stop me snacking - even if I don’t put all the effort into the dvd because I’m tired and it’s late, at least I’m not snacking and I get more worn out for bed!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Really hungry after drinking beer at a concert. Alcohol seems to aggravate the desire to snack.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Hi all - not posted in here in a while, but I’ve been tackling the late night snacking.... started doing a fitness dvd after dinner to stop me snacking - even if I don’t put all the effort into the dvd because I’m tired and it’s late, at least I’m not snacking and I get more worn out for bed!

Nice job on your routine and on staying off the late night snacking. I too have found that late night workouts help me not to snack. It is hard to shove food into my mouth while swinging a golf club. Once I finish working out I rarely feel like eating so that process works out for me as well. Keep up the great work!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    All right keep it up . Just made it to 198 last week. Looking for night 16

Ralphone that is outstanding my friend! You are an inspiration, keep at it! Hoping to join you in the under 200 club soon.
  • Ralphone
    Options
    All right 17 and counting. We are here when you are ready.