WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    We actually have a little break in the temperature today so I am enjoying reading on the back porch. I haven't done that in a long time. The pup and I used to do that so it made me sad for a long time after he died. Now it makes me smile because I can see him laying there in front of the couch with his head in my lap to be petted.

Okie in the TX Hill Country where the rain chances keep going down, down, down.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I too love the hoarding and weight loss shows. The hoarding shows inspire me to get off my butt and donate stuff. The weight loss shows I usually watch while eating a snack. :blush:

Okie

PS - Congrats NYKaren on your conducting gig for next year's Spring show.

I'm with you and snacking while watching the weight loss shows.

Tracey in Edmonton

sounds like I need to strap the boot on

LOL...yikes!i :p

It's not just a boot either it's Kirby's big @$$ monkey foots!!
    Grinning!
    Rebecca
  • ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Do you eat the same breakfast every day or just plan it ahead of time?

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

I try not to eat the same breakfast every day, but I do eat a lot of the same types of things for days in a row. As for planning, I try to plan the night before what I'm going to eat during any given day. It doesn't always work out - today, I bought peaches at the farmers market and peaches with cottage cheese won out over the Yes soup I had planned.

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    Traveling to Seattle on Thursday has put a kink in my self food processing! I'm on day three not doing number 2. ( Trying to be polite here)! So just drinking a lot of water, coffee, and might look in the store for softeners. Not happy!

Yesterday was my birthday, no worries, I just made it like every other day. I had gotten wishes from family, my sons,( except my youngest waiting to go into OS Navy school but I'm thinking he has a lot on his plate these days). So it was a great day, chatted with you all, hid my first batch of painted rocks, and drank a small bottle of Stella Artouis beer. We went shopping and bought some of my favorite OUI Greek yogurt. It's in the little glass jars, so my thoughts are to save them and put them in the sun room with little candles, or fake flowers, or even succulents. Then I went to my art store and bought 4 new paint pens for rock painting.

Rebecca
    Officially halfway to 112.
    In Whidbey island
    Washington

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rebecca!!!

Okie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Rebecca -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3:D<3B)

HUGS!!

Lanette ;-)
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. OMG is it going to be hot today and tomorrow. Heat index in the 105 range…bleh! I’m going to balance yard work (10 minutes at a time) with inside work.

KetoneKaren: thanks for the info. I knew tulips and such require bone meal, but never thought about using it on the iris….duh!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Happy, Happy Birthday!

wiuseb4oqr1g.jpg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca. Happy Birthday! m1246.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

Doctor did not send my friend of over thirty years to the hospital. They are going to try a different course of treatment and if that does not start to make her feel better going to the hospital is next. My sister in law had it about a year ago and she ended up in intensive care for a week. Thanks for continued prayers.

:heart: Margaret
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I wasn't too keen in doing anything this year. Being 56, in my eyes just seems like an unimportant year. Now when I turn 60 you betcha I'm celebrating! It's just a number to me!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    who does everyone keep calling Kirby a kid......

happyyyyyy bdayyyyyyy to rebecca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who I know is coastalgal
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Rye an RV or recreational vehicle like my motorhome is completely self contained. It has plumbing, air conditioning, heat, bathroom with tub and shower ( but very small). We can run on our generator and use the holding tanks (for dish water and sewage) or hook up to electricity, running water, sewage, and in this park cable tv. Some RV types have less amenities but most have electricity through batteries or hook ups in the parks or by extension cord.

Some RV types even have electric fireplaces in them! (Not mine though).

RV Rita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Ginger – what a list! I am so sad for you, and understand stress eating, come as often as you can and we will help support you!

Machka – maybe some ginger tea would help your tummy?

Margaret – sending good thoughts to your friend Jane.

Rebecca - Happy Birthday!!!!

Pip – Rye has a cat whose name is “Kid-Kirby”

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Traveling to Seattle on Thursday has put a kink in my self food processing! I'm on day three not doing number 2. ( Trying to be polite here)! So just drinking a lot of water, coffee, and might look in the store for softeners. Not happy!

Yesterday was my birthday, no worries, I just made it like every other day. I had gotten wishes from family, my sons,( except my youngest waiting to go into OS Navy school but I'm thinking he has a lot on his plate these days). So it was a great day, chatted with you all, hid my first batch of painted rocks, and drank a small bottle of Stella Artouis beer. We went shopping and bought some of my favorite OUI Greek yogurt. It's in the little glass jars, so my thoughts are to save them and put them in the sun room with little candles, or fake flowers, or even succulents. Then I went to my art store and bought 4 new paint pens for rock painting.

Rebecca
    Officially halfway to 112.
    In Whidbey island
    Washington

Happy Birthday, Rebecca! X
    We have a rock painting/hiding/re-hiding group in my home town. Its very popular with the children.
    I love your idea about the glass jars, the reflection from the sun will be lovely. I have a small Tiffany Lamp in my hall and, at this time of year, as the sun is going down, it shines through my window onto the lamp and creates a beautiful effect on the wall. It looks like the Milky Way!
    All the best,
    Karen UK x
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pip This is Kidd Kirby:
    hbyhvqkhcoj5.png
    He is a ham of epic proportions even for a feline. He is also the most cuddly and friendly feline I’ve ever known.

John keeps telling me he’s just making nice for extra treats. But, I know he is very happy to accept treats but what he really thrives on is attention and affection.

My only difficulty is paying enough attention to his brothers because Kidd Kirby hogs the spotlight. I have to make sure (and I do!) to have special attention and affection times with his brothers, but Kidd wouldn’t let me forget his time for anything.