Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    590935ankbyj1xx4.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Gunnar Peterson’s DVD Core Secrets off the Ball. He’s very innovative, has exercises you haven’t done before. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Made a pineapple angel food cake last night for Rummikub in 2 weeks. I already have it in the freezer. Normally, I would have made it next weekend, only we won’t be here. Today I made the filling for these shrimp bites that I’m going to take and I’ll put the filling in the freezer. That should be OK, I’ve frozen the tarts themselves before. I just won’t have them put together, that’s all. The filling is now in the refrigerator so that the flavors can blend.

Rye – I didn’t think that MFP would censored the first part of the name of the kind of dog Pete’s mother has since that’s the full name, but they censored the first part. Well, everyone knows what I mean. Sometimes I think MFP is a little too strict, but on the other hand I can understand it. If you let one person get away with something, it snowballs.

Heather – is there any restriction on the size of the bag that you need to use for your garbage?

Allison – does your friend who is dying of cancer live near you? If she does, can you just take something over there? I bet she wouldn’t ask you to, but she’d probably be appreciative of your gesture. If she doesn’t live near you, maybe you can send her something?

Carol – a friend of mine had this special spigot outside that when the dog hit it, the dog could get a drink of water. I thought that was neat. If your son’s dogs will be outside even part of the day, maybe that would be a good investment for you?

Lisa – that house looks gorgeous. Hope you get it

Didn’t get much accomplished today. Made the filling for Rummikub, spray painted lightly the nails on the blocks for the Christmas decorations, then went in the pool. Unfortunately, most of the things that need to be done, Vince needs to do. Wish I could do some of them. Right now he’s working on making these holders for solar lights to light up the stairs to the pool

I really can’t say that I have a close friend (other than Vince). Lots of friends, but no one particularly close.

“Honestly, this place (and I mean it when I say I love y'all) is really exactly my speed--as I can be a part of the conversations at the exact level at which I'm comfortable, and when I'm not comfortable, I can be silent without someone taking me to task.” I so agree with you, Lisa.

Rori – look like you and Meg had a wonderful time. I knew you would.

Karen in VA – I’m so sorry that happened to you. I can only say that your friend might have been in denial. She probably had an inkling that you’d prefer a same sex partner, but in her defense she might have been thinking “if I don’t acknowledge it, it won’t be so”. But when she had to come face-to-face with the fact….that’s when it hit home. Does she know that you’ve forgiven her for her actions and would like to be close again like you were?

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Rori and Meg, wonderful pic, glad you both got to meet up!!
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Wow so many posts in a day!
    Best Friends ~ I have a few close friends, but they all know that my best best friend is C. C and I met the first day of school in grade 2, her dad was an alcoholic and she spent a lot of weekends at my house. My whole family adopted her as one of their own. My oldest daughter has her middle name and her oldest has mine. Since we were 18 we have only lived in the same province for about 2 years, but not consecutively. She is the one who called and told me she thought it was time to come home when my Dad was sick and she spent every night at the hospital with me when my brother and mom couldn’t handle it. She is my rock and I can tell her absolutely anything without judgement.
    I only have made 2 close friends since I moved to Alberta one I can tell anything too, the other one I end up mothering a lot. She lost he Mom young and looks to me for guidance even though she is only 4 years younger than me.
    One of my friends that I’ve had since I was 13 is my godchildren’s Mom, I used to be very close to her, but in 2016 she was diagnosed with bipolar. I had to call the police on her, she doesn’t know it was me, she was threatening herself, me and her adult children. Before she was hospitalized she aired some private information of mine and other people’s on Facebook so now I monitor very carefully what I say to her. It’s very sad, but she is doing very well.
    Friendships are hard to maintain and nutrture at times, but I don’t know where I would be without them.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Add me to the list of people keeping their fingers crossed for your home offer. :star:

Barbie: Your social life sounds wonderful to me. It suits you very well. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I try to make it to the health club regularly. Sometimes other obligations get in the way. I love the yoga classes from my favorite teachers on Monday, Thursday and Friday mornings. Yoga does very good things for my strength and flexibility. Medicare supplemental insurance pays for my health club membership. Regarding the camping problem, we're supposed to go into the county offices and talk to them tomorrow morning. Thanks for asking. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: I had a typo in the amount of D3 I take every morning. It is actually 5,000IU, the same as you. :embarassed:

Rori: Thanks for sharing he photo of you and Meg. :bigsmile:

Lisa: I wish you good luck with your home offer. :star:

Karen in VA: I am so sorry that your former friend was so judgmental. I hope her attitude improves and she is someday worthy of your friendship once again. :flowerforyou:

My DD has listed her home in CO for sale and is in the process of trying to buy a place in IL where she has a good job. The home she hopes to buy is a reasonable distance from her workplace and has lots to offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her happiness, whether it is this possible home or someplace else.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Oooh Katla, we are vitamin D Divas!!! We rock! I bird just stunned itself, flying into one of the sun rooms windows! Poor thing. It did sit up, and at least it didn't break it's neck! I shall check on it Tomorrow.
    Night all!
    Rebecca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Katla wrote "My DD has listed her home in CO for sale and is in the process of trying to buy a place in IL where she has a good job. The home she hopes to buy is a reasonable distance from her workplace and has lots to offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her happiness, whether it is this possible home or someplace else."

Homes are selling like hot cakes on CO, it should sell quickly and at a decent price. The realtors have told my nieces, daughters of oldest sister that passed in January, that her house will sell within the week once they list it. My sis and her hubby bought it brand new 55+ years ago, with very little renovation. My second oldest niece still lives there (59 never married) and they have had the same phone number all those years.

Hope your daughter and SIL do well on the sell of their house.

Janetr OKC

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    wow I slept alot yesterday.. took a nap when I got home, and then just sort of hung in bed the rest of the day.. my body must have needed it...
    I am having my tea, and then will hop in the shower and get ready for work... I am working at another office in Hartford today, with a Dr I dont really like but will make the best of it..
    Lisa~ I fell in love with that stove too, wow what a cute place, and I know you and Corey will make it stunning,,,
    I have a BFF that lives in N.C. we grew up together, and we can pick up where we left off, her youngest is the one getting married on the 22nd so she will be up for that, unfortunatly they can't get up for Tracy's wedding on the 16th..
    going for a mani pedi with Tracy and her Matron of Honor on friday... they were supposed to watch Taliah over the weekend but looks like I might be watching her.. they are very wishy washy , say they are going to do soemthing, and then they dont..
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Lisa- because good things are coming your way dear friend!!!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

On BFF's - I have more than one. Is that OK? I have a core set of friends that I have had (for the most part) since kindergarten. J and I were neighbors and became friends at age 2. A few joined us in kindergarten, a couple in Jr High. We are still friends and try to see each other once a year or so. The core group of four of us see each maybe a bit more than that. I stayed at J's house a couple of weeks ago when I went home. I also visited two of their parents while I was home :smiley: . We are fortunate that our husbands all became friends also.

I have another friend that I inherited when she started dating my husbands friend. We became close and still see each other a few times a year even though we live about 3 hours apart now. She is one of the two houses that I don't feel the need for an invitation or permission to go stay at. I can just call and say I will be there at x time, OK?

My last BFF is also half of a couple friend of my hubs and I. She is the one that I travel with and go stay with when our hubs are both working out of town. We are separated by MANY miles now but manage to see each 3-4 times a year. She is the other one that I can just assume it is OK to stay at her house.

Lisa - Love the house. It has great potential!!!

Karen in Virginia - Hugs!

Machka - Prayers continue.

I woke up this morning to only a very small trickle of water. Of course, hubs left yesterday on a bus trip and all the boy neighbors I know are on vacation. I have a call in to the well people as I have checked the only things I know to check. I was probably quite a sight when I was trying to open the well pump cover. Hubs had painted the latch, so I had to break it free and then open the scary door that might have slithery things hiding in it (it didn't, thank goodness!!). The green light was on so it should be OK. It appears to be the pressure tank, but we'll see. Hopefully they can get someone out here today. I believe that the closing of my rings will be done with less sweat inducing exercise than normal since I may be sponge bathing for a day or two. It's OK though, I have plenty of things I can do around the house that will have me up and moving around.

Oh yeah, heard back from the landscape guy. He should be out late this afternoon to look over what I want done and give me a price. It normally takes him several days to work up the quote and get it to me. Then I will decide what to do and what to hold off on. If I'm lucky, I can have it all done before hubs gets home.

Have a great Monday Ladies!!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    On the subject of best friends - just a question for y'all... after a little bit of explanation.

Both of the men I married were not, apparently, interested in making friends outside our marriage. The ex- and I had one "couple" friendship, and he got them in the divorce (long story short, he needed them more than I did). During our marriage, I was the one who kept that relationship going, but apparently he continues to visit them regularly since our divorce. I don't.

My current and final husband simply doesn't reach out for friendships. Lots of acquaintances, guys he works with that feel comfortable calling him, that kind of thing. He doesn't ever call, text or email them, but will take their calls.

I depend heavily on my best friend's advice, comfort, and just hearing her voice on the phone regularly. She does the same with me... when we've played phone tag for a couple days in a row, the messages start getting more urgent. There is no one like that in his life. He's also not terribly close with his family (12 brothers and sisters), though there have been a lot more calls to him of late, of course, due to their father's death. I'm not terribly close with mine either--I see one sister once or twice a year, and that's about it.

But in terms of emotional support, both men had one source, and that was me. Are all/most men like that? And in those with same-sex partners, do you find that you and your partner differ in that? I know a number of us are married to men who land somewhere on the Asperger's spectrum, as well, and interested to know whether they have any source to turn to outside their marriage.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Lisa in AR
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Love the Meg & Rori pic.

Ketone Karen <3

The quote I've been thinking about a lot lately: "Comparison is the Thief of Joy" Teddy Roosevelt