• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Heather LOL! - a good crazy... <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did Gilad’s Sandy Beach DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Core Secrets off the Ball DVD. We shall see how that one is.

Rye – I like how you’re keeping up with your exercising. Swimming once a week is better than not at all, that’s for sure.

NYKaren – I love how people continue their exercise even while away. That’s just wonderful! It’s so easy to get out of the habit

KJ – I was just thinking, I’m going to speak to Vince about leaving PA late in the morning on Sun, then going to the ceramics place since they’re open on Sundays (I believe), then staying the night in VA at the husband of my cousin. I know that he’d appreciate it, he’s into computers, too. So he and Vince will have a lot in common. Also, it’s been almost a year since my cousin passed. You know, when Denise said that she didn’t know if Dave (Pete’s step-dad) would be there, a part of me wondered “wonder if they’re separated?”. He didn’t want the dog there for 3 days because the dog might scratch their new floors but he’s OK with the dog living there???? Unless he’s decided that the dog should be confined to a certain area or only be outdoors, who knows? Update: I mentioned this to Vince, he hasn't commented. I would rather mainly because I'm afraid he's going to try to do too much.

I just realized that I’m having a slight reaction to the wasp sting I got yesterday. One place he stung me was on my hands, now I can see how my watch is tighter around my left hand. It usually isn’t that way. Plus, my hands are itchy. Well, I’m sure this’ll go away. Maybe nice pool water will make it feel better <snicker>?????? Update: I took my watch off.

Going to go to the farmer’s market to see if they have any local honey.

Iced the cake I’ll take to the Green Room, the one I’ll take to Steve since we’ll be staying at his house when we go up next weekend, and a cake for Pete (mainly since I had extra batter from Steve’s cake and I suspect by now Vince is tired of having muffins all the time). Leaving in a few for church.

Where I got the wasp sting is really itching and that area is a bit swollen. My watch is never that tight on me, that’s how I can tell that it’s a bit swollen. But I know it’ll go down. I did give it a cool soak in the pool. That was so hard to do….lol

To me, the worst part of taking the water aerobics class is having to walk by a mirror in my bathing suit. Fortunately, the locker room that I use has only one full-length mirror which I avoid.

Katie – welcome. Be sure to bookmark this page. Community sure is very important, it really helps

Michele in NC

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,179 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: I hope you're able to find a combination of vitamins and minerals that help you through the hot flashes. I recommend considering Vitamin D3 in your possible choices. It really helps me with mental & emotional support. :star:

Yes ... that's what I take. 1000 IU of Vit D3 each day. :)

I've tried various combinations since I realised I was perimenopausal in 2014 (my gynaecologic oncologist figures I actually went into perimenopause in about 2011, given my symptoms, but I didn't realise it till 2014). In about mid-2015, I settled on a combination that worked for me, but I did discover along the way that stress and red meat seem to trigger the hot flashes.

So ... now I'm moving onto the prescription meds. The vitamins and minerals just aren't enough anymore. But I'll still take them of course! :)

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Snowflake: Enjoy your garage sale hunting for treasures. I'm happy to hear that your BF's husband seems to be doing okay.:smile:

Barbie: Thank you for thinking of me when you see horses. I've always loved them, but had other interests for most of my adult life. I seem to have stumbled into a sweet spot where I get to live out some childhood wishes. I am enjoying it very much. :bigsmile: I'd rather go sailing with my husband but he is not able to be afloat without getting sick these days. :cry: Regarding swimming, I took lessons every summer at the Olinger Pool in Salem. The water wasn't heated and we all bailed out of the water at the end of our lesson with chattering teeth, goose bumps, and red eyes from the chlorine. :laugh: I took a peek on the net and discovered that it still exists and they are trying to save it. I hope they succeed. I'll bet it has been heated for many years. :ohwell:

Auntiebk: I'm so sorry that your Tai Chi teacher is suffering. I hope the ombudsman process works out in her favor. :flowerforyou:

KatieNW: Welcome! :star:

Heather: I enjoy hearing about your travels. I hope that your birthday next year will be fabulous. :star:

Michele: I'm sorry that you were stung. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

DH has been grumpy this evening. He is currently sleeping in his favorite chair. I hope it refreshes him and improves his mood.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Michele - Did Vince help Pete and Denise move 'into' or 'out of Maria's home'? It's not so much you having a large home; as it is you being a cat person (or any animal - cat or dog). About all you can do is just 'pray' that 'in God's timing' the kids will realize they 'need to grow up and get a life of their own'. Will, Tami, and Mallory will never live close to us; and, there are times we wish that Trey and the girls lived a little further away. I'm thinking of suggesting when we get some pines cut; that maybe they should cut their own driveway in; and, maybe we can just close our shared one; and, come down beside the house. Louis seems to get to 'bent out of shape' when Jenn leaves for the day … usually both days on a weekend. She just 'has' to go 'somewhere' … 'anywhere' instead of staying home and maybe doing some housework. Oh well, it gives Trey time to do as he pleases.

Margaret - That is how we taught the kids at day camp how to swim. I can't say it is how I learned to swim because I did not like 'swimming lessons' myself. Go figure that I'd end up teaching kids to swim. I actually learned in Jacksonville Beach, FL when I got knocked over by a wave.

First day of 'prep' and 'liquid diet'; get up and start over tomorrow. IF this doesn't clean me out, nothing will. I am so sick of lemonade and Jell-O (which I hate anyway). Had enough of that daily once when I was in the hospital with my first pregnancy for 4 weeks.

Heather - Happy you had a good time on your cruise.

Listening to Yanni. One day I would like to hear his entire orchestra in person. Saw him in Atlanta and the show was wonderful; but, only about a total of 12 were in the orchestra. No horns that I remember.

Lenora
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would check in for a minute. I am taking swim lessons at this stage of life because I was held under my two boys thinking they were funny when I was 8. It was in the deep end, it took me time to even get in a pool again but I’ve never been in the deep end since. Today I jumped into the deep end 3 or 4 times with no floatation devices. I still need to work on the breathing but actual swimming wasn’t part of our real lesson today. I have to say I was mighty proud of myself today.

Lenora - I grew up sharing a driveway with my maternal grandparents . It was an incredible childhood. My Mom was an only child so my brother and I were spoiled by them. My parents struggled with money all of their lives as I was older I recall my grandmother complaining that Mom and Dad would borrow money for groceries but could still go “run the roads” everyday. We were offered a piece of land when my girls were small but we declined because we didn’t want to live that close to my parents, grandparents and brother.
    My girls each live about 20 minutes away I think that is close enough,

Michele - dealing with in laws of your children can be like walking a tightrope I think. Lauryn, my eldest, has problems with her in laws. Her MIL wanted to kick her husband out the day he turned 18. His father convinced her to wait until he was 20, but the day he left he was told he wasn’t allowed to visit them without 24 hours notice. He takes that seriously and won’t visit without an invitation, since Jonah was born his parents make passive aggressive comments all the time about them not visiting them but visiting me weekly. I finally told them about 2 years ago that I just invite them. Last week was the first time since October that they have asked to visit with Jonah and Michaela. They have seen their daughter and her baby twice since then and she had moved to Florida.

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    jl3pxoofwxrq.jpg
    Haah aaa!
    Rebecca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    jl3pxoofwxrq.jpg
    Haah aaa!
    Rebecca

I literally laughed out loud at that!!!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Lenora - we're supposed to go up to PA to help Denise and Pete move this coming weekend. You know, even when moving to our first house and all subsequent houses, we never had help. I can't count how many times we've helped Jess move and now Denise. Well, once Jess becomes a vet, I have a feeling that she'll be able to afford a mover.

Snowflake - I don't completely understand this, but it seems that we invite Denise and Pete here, but Denise doesn't give him the message. I don't know if it's that she wants to feel more in control or what. I do have a feeling that Pete is (is this the word?) emotionally fragile and perhaps she feels that she needs to shield him. I don't know. I suspect he doesn't understand about friendly teasing, he perhaps takes things literally. I remember one of the two times he was here he asked me if I had a housekeeper. I told him I have two and their names are "left" and "right". It wouldn't surprise me if he thought that I DID have two housekeepers and didn't realize that I meant my left hand and my right hand. Well...I'm just doing a lot of praying that things work out for them. I'm suspecting that there's going to be some conflict about their dog. He's a pit bull so not exactly a small dog. His mother has a *kitten*-zu. They had a very small apartment with the dog, the cat, and two people. It was so small that when we went to visit, we usually had to go outside, they didn't even have a kitchen table! I have a feeling that the mother's house isn't large and 4 adults and 3 animals will be somewhat crowded. Well...not my circus, not my monkey. Thank goodness I'm in NC! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've suggested we Skype because we wanted to get to know Pete, I think we only did once.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just skimming by as the weekend is so full but OH Michelle I love the left and right housekeepers! My mom would have adored that answer to Pete!

Still chucking and smiling in my way to bed!

Rye
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    The wine I was holding in the photo is AF. :D
    Yes, KJ, it is the same old shrug. :laugh: It cost a few pounds from Amazon.
    Having trouble uploading pics. Grrr! Trains etc.

Michele - we have to bag our garbage and fit it all into one bin.

Tomorrow is a sea day. Will be running around the deck first thing tomorrow morning. Then breakfast, then line dancing.

Love Heather, heading for Sweden. Xxxxxxx

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3