WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Helped friend get ready for daughter's graduation party yesterday. Fun colors purple, blue, and yellow. I wish we had had time to take a picture after decorating. We barely got done before the first guests were there. It really turned out nice. It was also fun to come up with last minute improvisation ideas like cutting the green frog tape into a heart shape because that was the only thing that would keep up some of the decorations. I did come home and crashed in the evening.

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Sunday -- 3.4 km of walking, 1.6 km of which was the walk with my husband.

Plus Zwift ...

Distance: 18.24 km
    Moving Time: 50:24
    Elapsed Time: 50:24
    Elevation: 136 m

................ Avg | Max
    Speed ... 21.7 km/h | 62.6 km/h
    Heart Rate ... 130 bpm | 155 bpm
    Cadence ... 79 | 108
    Power ... 76W | 130W
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Here in Philly for a fun weekend. Had a 5 mile walk around the city—it’s changed so much since I was a kid! Actually went to bed at 8:30 and was out till 5 am :)

Hit the gym for 45 minute cardio before I head out to brunch (af and will stick to veggies) and the see a show “Fun Home”. Good to be around my family, counting blessings today as well as calories :o
    NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Dana, Great idea, thanks! I'm sure she's never seen GoFundMe, she doesn't get on the internet and is very computer averse. Will run it by our class and see what they think.
    Welcome Katie NW, 100 crunches a day? OMG! I'm 5' too, but doubt I could do even 1 true crunch.
    Karen, from your mouth to Medicare's ear. Her insurance agent told her Medicare automatically rejects anything with a hint of cosmetic surgery. Sure hope he had is wires Xd.
    Tracey in AB "...jumped into the deep end 3 or 4 times" Brava, brava, BRAVISSIMA! When I was 6 or 7 a "friend" held me under thinking it was funny. What makes kids think cruelty is a joke? :noway:
    Rebecca "...Pringles holder..." you've made me snort my tea so much my sinuses must be squeaky clean! Ah "the cups that cheer but not inebriate"...
    Katla right on for keeping the pup leashed to you in the house to teach it manners. It worked with our 2.5 yr old rescue wheaten (that, and time, and good food, and 3 fences including an electric one, and a near divorce, and and and... )

Years ago, JAM?s daughter had abdominal surgery and got a series of very gentle core rehab exercies. Wish I could find them, does anyone remember or have? We used to call them gut'n'butt.

Oops, 10 mins past time to meditate.
    Enjoy your day!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 7/9, meditate 8/9, walk one more step 9/9, knee exercises 8/9, 5/8 times walk Tumble
    times SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    ;;;;;;
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Found it! From May 2010!
    Now to DO it ;)
    jam0525 wrote: »
    Laura - here is my DD's core rehab program:

Marching - lie on your back lower level is just raise each leg so that it is parallel with the floor. 10 raises each leg. When you get to where you can do 30 easily, start extending each leg after you raise it, then pull it back and down. The trick is to go slow.

Abdominal curls - lie on your back with legs bent, feet on the floor. Hands behind your ears, elbows out. Curl up getting your shoulders off the floor. 10 time, again get up to 30. This one never changes.

Side Planks with bent knees - Lie on your side up on your elbow, upper hand on side. Legs bent back at the knees, make sure your body is in a straight line. Raise your hips off the ground. Start with 5 on each side and get up to 30. It never gets over 30.

The exercises are done every day for 10 weeks then 3 times a week.

Pretty easy and quick, but it sure made a difference.

Later,

Jeannie
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ Fingers crossed. That's a really cute house.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Sunday!

Barbara AHMOD - after you mentioned about your T'ai Chi teacher, I looked on the medicare.gov webpage and saw that it covered implant removal for health reasons. Now today, I go there to look for it and cannot find it!

I did find this link: http://breastimplantinfo.org/will-medicare-pay-remove-breast-implants/ It's not Medicare but appears to have good info. Probably the best thing for the gal to do is to speak with the surgeon's office and have them verify that it is or isn't covered if she hasn't done so already.

I don't get along with Medicare.gov's search engine. I've been having "flashes" in my field of vision for the past couple days, thought I was getting an ocular migraine but that wasn't the case. Spoke with my sis who is 2 yrs older than me, she had the same thing and said it's apparently normal for us older folks as some of the vitreous gel is tugging at the retina - I guess there's always a slight chance of retinal detachment. So I'll call the optometrist's office in the morning and get it checked out.

Do you think I can find anything on the medicare.gov website about if they cover retinal detachment surgery? Not so far. My optometrist will know.

Hummus - Sabra is also a favorite. A few months ago I bought a locally made brand at a health food store in Olympia that beat it by a mile and had no preservatives, so I'm attempting to replicate it. Looked at new Oster blenders at Walmart. Cheap, cheap, plastic, cheap. Will be on the lookout for an older sturdy model at the 2nd hand stores. Until then - a few chunks of chickpea aren't going to hurt anyone, lol.

Lisa - just saw the pic of the house! That looks great! Love the covered porches and the stone! Kind of unique with custom features that sound right up your alley? After you said you and Corey were going to wait a while, I thought the perfect one will now show up, lol. Perhaps it has. Crossing fingers for you!! Sorry to read about Corey's dad - so glad you were able to spend time with him last summer.

Allergies - shots in the love handle are going well; seems there's some new pollen in the air right now that's not in my serum so doing some sniffling. The doc's office said I should probably stay on shots twice a week thru grass season. :s

Carol - you are a trooper to babysit your son's pupsters. That hound is a big fella!

Heather - thank you for sharing the pictures! Keep them coming!

Time to get busy around here - have a wonderful Sunday ladies! <3

Lanette
    Cool and rainy SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Ooo