WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    KarenUK56 wrote: »
    ............Then I went to my art store and bought 4 new paint pens for rock painting.

I'm so addicted to rock painting! I semi-retired in January and it's one of a few things I do to stay sane. I put out a bunch today and am out of rocks to hide right now.

Donna
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    KarenUK56 wrote: »
    ............Then I went to my art store and bought 4 new paint pens for rock painting.

I'm so addicted to rock painting! I semi-retired in January and it's one of a few things I do to stay sane. I put out a bunch today and am out of rocks to hide right now.

Donna

Where are you at Donna? We could send each other rocks and who knows where our rocks will travel!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ok I am a slug today, just listening to music, naked in my sun room. Back yard sanctuary! And I just slugged down a Stella beer. Summer mindset! Ok need food to soak this up.
    Have a great day y'all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I cried. While taking this pic my grandson said, I'll always remember the pancakes you used to make me.

Janetr OKC

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sorry RV Park WiFi is sketchy at best, won't let me add the picture. I'll try again later.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pip I did think Kirby was just a big kid...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

spin class- 60min, 136ahr, 161mhr, 135aww, 92arpm, 16.3mi= 563\c
    Apple Watch- 604c
    other- only on Apple Watch- walking round the house, laundry, changing sheets, etc..= 799c

I have never put on my Apple Watch on while just doing work around the house. maybe I should start :0)

total cal 1362
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip I did think Kirby was just a big kid...

yup, he is
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies! :)<3B)
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Oh and after my beer I just napped for an hour! I am officially a light weight when it comes to beer! I had a piece of havarti cheese and some slices of Turkey on some wasa crisp bread for lunch, but I think by then the beer was having a party in my brain!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Thanks ladles for the well wishes! I love each and every one of yous!
    Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    allie - beautiful pics!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,952 Member
    Options
    Rebecca

712138jqisv7fg1b.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,952 Member
    Options
    Allie, :) Great pictures. It looks like it all turned out well.

:) Before we bought our first RV, we read a book called "The Complete Idiots Guide to RVing" and learned tons of stuff that helped us choose our first RV and then be able to do what we were supposed to do to take care of it.

:) It was too hot for me to work in the yard this afternoon because of the temperature and the sun shining in the area I wanted to work. When I came in the house, I found out that both cable TV and wifi were out so I had to deal with 21st century problems and find something else to do. Fortunately the cable came back in time for us to watch the Mariners game. Tomorrow I'll work in the yard very early in the day so I'll have shade and low temperature.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Our next-door neighbors just got home from a cruise to Alaska. They had a wonderful experience. There weren't many details as they were just barely home and ready to rest a bit. :smiley:

Barbie: I can tell that you had wonderful adventures in your RVs. I hope we will too. Ours is almost done at the RV repair shop & DH is eager to get on the road. He wants to go see his sister before her shoulder replacement surgery. I know he is excited, but I doubt that she is feeling good enough to enjoy a visit from us in the near future. :noway: I'm happy that your cable TV and wifi came back on in time for you to watch the Mariners. :bigsmile:

Rye in TX: There are many different types of RV's. The kind we have is self-contained but can also take power and water access from a park if available. Sewer is similar. Some parks have hook-ups that include power, water and sewer, and others don't have any of those services. The array of camping equipment choices is amazing. In our past we had tents, a travel-trailer that we towed with our car, and now a full service motor home. Our sailboats follow the same progression. The one we have now has taken us out into the ocean and up into Puget Sound several times. We lived aboard for weeks at a time. Unfortunately DH can't enjoy that any more because of his MS. I would trade a lot to be able to do it again :cry:

Rebecca: Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou: I remember you telling stories of elk in your yard when you lived near Astoria. :devil:

Margaret: Sending good thoughts for your friend. :heart:

Rita: We have friends who have a fifth wheel trailer that is so big they have to occasionally go a different route because their rig won't fit under some overpasses & tunnels. Yikes! :noway:

Allie: Your daughter is gorgeous and the outdoor wedding seems wonderful. :flowerforyou:

My riding plans fell through. I woke up sore from working on the storage unit yesterday, and DH wanted to keep going today, so I had to sacrifice my ride. Riding tomorrow was my back-up plan, but I have two problems. I'm even sorer today than yesterday, and I am supposed to go to brunch with friends tomorrow morning. I think getting to the stable at all will be a challenge. Wish me good luck and good sense.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"It is not selfish to be happy. It is your highest purpose. Your joy is the greatest contribution you can make to life on the planet. A heart at peace with its owner blesses everyone it touches." ~ Alan Cohen
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Warm day here today and DD and I got a lot of yardwork done. I bought a horse last weekend and we will go to pick him up tomorrow. His name is Bandit. I rode him last weekend and he is a nice boy but when I first saw him I thought it was the wrong horse. In the pictures he looked chestnut but in real life he is a red dun. He has been living with only geldings and here he will be with two mares. I think he will have some adjusting to do.

Rebecca - Happy, happy birthday!

Heather - Glad you are enjoying the cruise.

Machka - Still sending healing angels.

Katiebug - Sorry about the boot and in the summer too. Must be hot.

Allie and Janetr - Congrats and hope the weddings went off without a hitch.

Katla - Sorry about your riding plans. Hope the RV lives up to all your expectations.

Ginger - Sounds like you have had a rough start to the year. Hope things improve from now on.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA