WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Loved your daughter's lace dress. Looked like a fun wedding.

Janet ~ You and grandson looked great.

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers! There is so much I wish I could have talked to my Daddy about. But, he was a stoic man and not very open to airing feelings.

Carol in GA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Heather ... not one of those chefs looks German! :D Are you sure it was a German food festival?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue: Thanks for your good wishes for the RV. We used to love cruising in our sailboat. DH can't balance well enough to be afloat any more so this seemed like the next best thing. We haven't had much fun in the last few years. :ohwell:

janet: Love the photo of you with your grandson. :star:

Heather: German sausage with sauerkraut sounds yummy. :smiley:

I am planning to have breakfast with dear friends today. Since it is Father's Day, I wonder how crowded the restaurant will be. DH won't be coming along. He is not all that comfortable with this group of women, and eating in restaurants is a challenge for him with the restricted diet he is on. The good news about his dietary changes is that he is feeling so much better than he was. Being gluten free is making his life better.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’ve been out of the loop lately because my grandkids are here for a while.

Yesterday was my DGD’s 8th Birthday. We went to the movies to see “Incredibles II”. It was lots of fun and I was so surprised to see the theatre full. We had to sit at the 4th row from the front. The kids had popcorn and sodas. (I had a Diet Coke.)

When we returned home we had pizza and birthday cake! My DH was a darling to pick up the pizzas and cake.

I’m not going to church today. I’m just too tired to get up and go. One week of kids is wearing me out!! Maybe next week.

Have a good Sunday and for those celebrating Father’s Day with families, Happy Father’s Day!!

Live to all!
    Dana in Arkansas

Gabby and her watermelon cake:
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Rye - What time is dinner? I’ve been wanting pot roast for months!! I need to remember to make one while hub is home. I can freeze the leftovers and enjoy them many more times.

Okie
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    O
    Rye - What time is dinner? I’ve been wanting pot roast for months!! I need to remember to make one while hub is home. I can freeze the leftovers and enjoy them many more times.

Okie

On Sunday? Dinner is usually between 5:30 and 6:30. Just enough time to drive from OK to DFW - lol. John thinks pot roast should be a winter meal, but I’ve always loved it in the summer.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Hiding rocks—— I leave one at each campsite we go to painted with my FB travel page address on it. Several have been found and people will leave me messages saying they found it and a little about themselves. Fun!

“An Idiots Complete Guide To RVing” is a must for all RVERS, newbies or experienced. I have it too!

Fifth-wheels can be HUGE! I definitely would not want to tow one around the parks. Great for full timers who stay in one place for a long time though. Just like the “park models” or other named “tiny houses”.

Nice light rain yesterday. This area really needed it. Sunny and cooler today. I’ve only seen rain like this twice since last August when we left CT!

RV Rita in Grants New Mexico
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Kelly I have a picture blog with a link to a story type log on my “Facebook page: Two Bounding in the Cuckoos Nest” have a look and friend me if you’d like. Anyone and everyone welcome! :)B)>:)

RV Rita
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    O

Okie

On Sunday? Dinner is usually between 5:30 and 6:30. Just enough time to drive from OK to DFW - lol. John thinks pot roast should be a winter meal, but I’ve always loved it in the summer.

Rye - I’m actually NW of Austin so I have plenty of time to make it for dinner. Ha!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Beth - nearly all the crew are Filipino. The executive chef is German and he is the one cycling the 61 miles of the canal today. :p The German food tasted exactly the same as in Dusseldorf. :laugh:

We went to the Rumba classes and I enjoyed it, but DH didn't get on with it. The rythmn is more tricky.

Then I had a nap and later we went off to the Arms and Abs class. :D I can feel my triceps!

Classical concert before dinner and then dancing.
    Then a West End and Broadway show from the resident dancers and singers. It always fun with great costumes.

I'm feeling reluctant to get changed, but feel I would like to. ;):* Haven't worn a short dress or skirt yet. Hmmm.

Tomorrow is our last full day on board. I shall be so sad to leave as we won't be on this ship again. They are selling it next year. This is our third trip in the same cabin and we are very attached to the old girl. :'(

Love Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    peverxb27k9y.jpg
    Grandma and handsome grandson. On the right you can partly see my youngest daughter, mother of the groom.

Janetr OKC

Such a great picture, love your smile and he looks very handsome!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Hiding rocks—— I leave one at each campsite we go to painted with my FB travel page address on it. Several have been found and people will leave me messages saying they found it and a little about themselves. Fun!

“An Idiots Complete Guide To RVing” is a must for all RVERS, newbies or experienced. I have it too!

Fifth-wheels can be HUGE! I definitely would not want to tow one around the parks. Great for full timers who stay in one place for a long time though. Just like the “park models” or other named “tiny houses”.

Nice light rain yesterday. This area really needed it. Sunny and cooler today. I’ve only seen rain like this twice since last August when we left CT!

RV Rita in Grants New Mexico

What is your travel Facebook page, I would love to be a part of it!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    RV Rita
    Ooh, I found it and clicked liked and followed!I
    Rebecca
  • ScrapStitching
    ScrapStitching Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Donna how were your peaches? Love white peaches and black cherries with cottage cheese, tho the window for both is narrow. Resisted when the cherries first showed up, but Friday they were so big and beautiful and black that I succumbed. Even got two tiny white peaches. Hoping they'll sweeten and soften in the brown bag. The cherries are pretty but lacking that rich ripe flavor. That'll teach me patience!

So far, the two I have had were run-down-your chin juice and delicious. I paired them with a cucumber and chicken sandwich. My neighbor’s cucumber garden runners over! I love cherries and they are good for my diabetes too.