6/8 = 12 miles
    6/9 = rest day
    6/10 = 8 miles
    6/11 = 4 miles & 45 minutes strength training
    6/12 = Vinyasa yoga class
    6/13 = 10 miles
    6/14 = 30 minutes strength training at home
    6/15 = 14 miles
    6/16 = rest day (literally sat on my butt doing nothing all day - it was fantastic)
    6/17 = 8.5 miles (group run with walk/run intervals)

I can't keep up with this thread!

150 goal miles / 92 miles complete

Upcoming Races (so far):
    6/23/2018 -Fit Foodie 5k
    10/10/2018 -Tough Mudder Half
    10/27/2018 -Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    1/26/2019 -Fitbit Topical 5k
    1/27/2019 -Miami Marathon

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Finally a chance to peek into this thread! Only by braving the moskitos outside the campside reception building (where the wifi is B) ). I don't have much running to report - week one of my vacation is over, and I only went for two runs together with my sister, both quite short (it's really hot, and we were always exhausted from general vacation activities in the evening). So running-wise I'll be completely out of shape when I come home.
    But we did some hiking and sightseeing, which still amounted to more than 20,000 steps per day on average. And today we went canoeing, which I hadn't done in ages. 24km - my arms and shoulders are going to be super sore tomorrow!!

---

@bride001 That's awesome that the warm-up suggested by the PT helped, I hope your foot will be fine from now on!

@zdyb23456 Kudos on your great 14 mile run :smile:

@JulieS3103 Yes, trails are fun! Some nice trails are responsible for a couple of scrapes and cuts on my legs every summer, but I still keep coming back to them ;-p

@shanaber Glad that you are feeling better! Wow, you have trails with nice bathrooms? Sounds like any runners dream come true :grin:

@PastorVincent good luck with the house-hunting!

@sarahthes Sorry you are sick. Get well soon!

@taylorlegal welcome to the challenge :smile:

@skippygirlsmom Great race, congratulations!

@rheddmobile Happy birthday!

@hanlonsk Great pictures! It's so hard to capture wild animals, usually I don't manage to snap a photo ((I've seen a fox a couple of times, and a large group of boar once, but no way to prove it ^^))

@biketheworld lol, me too! only if I could make any wish, maybe I'd want to be a *lot* faster :mrgreen:

@shanaber I'm a bit jealous of your cooler weather. I love the cloudy sky in the picture, I want some of those clouds too! :wink:
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

June Goals:
    200 running miles.
    IM 70.3 Training

June Running:
    05.28.18 - 06.03.18: Running Miles 41.5 / Weekly TSS 497 / Fitness: 71 CTL
    06.04.18 - 06.10.19: Running Miles 46.2 / Weekly TSS 601 / Fitness: 73 CTL
    06.11.18 - 06.17.18: Running Miles 49.3 Weekly TSS 725 / Fitness: 77 CTL

Goals 6/18/18 - 6/2518:
    Run: ?

Base 1 : Week 2 of 4
    06.11.18 - 3 m. (Swim 900 yrds).
    06.12.18 - 8.9 m.
    06.13.18 - 7.2 m. (swim 1000 yrds)
    06.14.18 - 8.6 m.
    06.15.18 - 2 m. (swim 1000 yrds)
    06.16.18 - 13.1 m.
    06.17.28 - Olympic Triathlon.

This Weekend:
    Sat - 1/2 Marathon in New Castle IN

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Love your shoes! What kind are they? Haha! I need shooes

Just Asics GT1000 - great running shoes but not the idea choice for off road!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Had a busy day yesterday and was up until 4am. I did sleep in, but still exhausted. Also, it is hot outside. Those 2 factors made it a tough run and there was a lot of walking. The schedule shows 12 miles, but I only got 8.93 before I decided I had enough.

exercise.png

Despite the very slow average pace (due to a lot of walking), Garmin still estimated Aerobic Training Effect at 3.0 (improving). Maybe the heat increased my HR.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Okay, just when I thought I had seen everything.... A sky diving ultra trail run?!? That race is WAY to hardcore for me!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @5BeautifulDays thanks, it was a nice one. I love the medal, it’s made out of wood. You get one for each race and if you do them all you get a plaque at the end to hang them on. I hope you are okay?

There is a series of trail runs around here called the Backyard Burn that I think does something like that with the medals. If I can get my mileage up, I want to do the fall series. They do 5 races and you can choose 5 mile or 10 mile options (although I think they're a little loose with the mileage...the 5 miler is basically a 10K).

Also, I'm fine! I just had one of those pesky womanly procedures that wound up hurting more and making me more exhausted than I had planned for. I ran the day after and was fine, but then the next several days were just blah for running. :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

@keeprunningfatboy I’m looking at your list 13.1 one day and Olympic Tri the next, what the heck awesome!

I was hoping we'd get a race report...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

@keeprunningfatboy I’m looking at your list 13.1 one day and Olympic Tri the next, what the heck awesome!

I was hoping we'd get a race report...

Sincere Thank you! I frequently use events as supported training runs as I did these 2. They both supplied water and Gatorade and Gu which is easier then on me.

The Half was delayed by lightning, and it was so humid! But the finish is in the Toledo Mud Hens ball park. And the shirt is a keeper, super nice. Not bad for a last day register.

The TRI, was planned. I wanted an open water swim and a middle distance bike route. It got to 92 degrees. I was happy with the swim and bike, but I was getting sunburnt and lost tons of fluid through sweat. I considered taking a DNF for safety, but decided on a walk jog 10K.

Thanks! You have so much experience, i just had to ask for more information. Glad to hear you didn't have to DNF. 92f/33c is unpleasant. Awesome swag score on the shirt!
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, spent the afternoon splitting wood with the hubby. It was 34°C today - what were we thinking :D tomorrow is supposed to be cooler but raining so we'll see how it goes.