Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Snowflake - thank you. After seeing how my family is after Gpa passed, I don't expect the best and, hope it doesn't end up the worst.

Cousin passed away this morning. SO is actually doing well. He says, it's a bit of a relief, knowing Cousin is no longer suffering and is in a better place. Tomorrow may be different, as I will be back to work and he will be alone. The sister is gone and not sure when she will be back. No services for awhile, she's not ready. Nothing else has been said about house, other than her telling us to make it our own. I guess, the best thing is just go about our business and when the time comes, she'll talk to us.

Dawn - your last sentence sounds like a good plan for now.
    Sorry to hear about SO's cousin; may he rest in peace.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

*tossing beach bag onto favorite towel for late afternoon*

Lana

241.4 Ugh.
    250.0 Highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Dawn - sorry to hear about SO's cousin. hope he is dealing ok with it. also hope things dont get overly dramatic with the family.

Sara - the little kindness monsters are adorable! it is so great that you knit so much for everyone.

Tess - hope that bug gets out of your family asap. nothing worse than passing it back and forth.

Have had a pretty hectic last few days. Scrambling to get deck finished before it starts raining again. Weatherman keeps saying scattered showers, so as long as they scatter around us and not on us, we're good! Just wish it would cool down. Temps in 90's with heat index in the 110's. It feels more like August than June. Hope this doesn't mean that August will be even hotter!

MIL is now staying with us. It was quite a surprise and I was not consulted but she is here and we are trying to make the best of it. Her kids decided that staying at our house was best since my husband works at home and we have a single story house.

Over weekend, ate out while running errands and brought dinner home when family was visiting. I can definitely tell too much sodium because I swelled up like a puffer fish! Am trying to eat nothing but home cooked and healthy this week to counteract that.

*ordering up a relaxing foot massage and a nice COLD beverage from the Cboys*
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    izenzo wrote: »
    B) hi everyone

Well, not to be outdone by his older brother, my youngest is now onboard too. Nothing like a little brotherly rivalry. This is gonna be a fun summer, crazy, but fun.

Today was my trainer workout. She killed my upper body today. It felt good, but boy it was a killer 30 minutes. I followed this with taking my crazy coonhound to the vet for his yearly vaccination . Probably not such a great idea after arm workouts. I was exhausted once I got him home.

We have 3 dogs, all rescues, ranging in age 14 yrs, 5 years, and almost 2 years. They all celebrate their birthday in August. It makes life easier and no jealousy. The oldest is starting to show his age. I talked with the vet when we brought in the youngest today. She prescribed the older an anti inflammatory and some pain meds since he's been slow getting around. Gave him meds with dinner. Well, if these weren't like magic pills! He was running a bit in the yard with his younger fur brothers tonight. It made my heart smile. It will be worth every dollar if these help make his golden time enjoyable. I also found out that my vet will make a home visit when the time comes. That also makes things better. We had worried about that. This way he doesn't have to be further stressed at that point. It will probably make his fur brothers grief a little easier, rather than them thinking we go rid of their brother.

That's great about older pup. We had our girl on Carprofen and she was the same. She has very bad hips and tore her ALL awhile back. That stuff worked wonders on her. Good to know vet will make home visit. The ride itself can stress them out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    edited June 2018
    Dawn, at work waiting for computer to cooperate...... glad you have some breathing room with housing.

Kathy- extra fluffing for you from Cboys ;)
  • arniedog74
    Sara, Lana, Kathryn - thank you all. I feel like I've been such a downer, lately. Hopefully, things will be better for awhile anyway.

Kathryn - hope you can get your deck done. Our weather sounds identical. Wishing for rain, but will probably be incredibly steamy. Good thoughts to you with MIL.... my MIL would drive me insane...I think I've lost all my patience...

Gotta get back to work...
    Have a great day
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all!

Busy, busy Tuesday. Kind of a crappy work day and my butt is dragging, but need to get my workout in. The heat index is like 105 outside and my equipment is in my hot and humid garage.... so yeah! Going to drink plenty of water. This weather has been HOT lately. Tried to do a couch to 5k workout the other day mid-day and about died!

Puppy is doing well but it's been a bit tiring, of course! She keeps waking us up like half an hour before our alarm goes off so we are missing some sleep each day. She's doing great though.

OK. Having a cup of coffee and need to get this workout in. Have a great evening, all!
  • arniedog74
    Eryn- weather is brutal these days, here...I was doing the C25K, last year...I really enjoyed it. I'm trying to do Zombies, Run! But, it's been so miserably hot that I'm not getting very far...I want to sign up for Premium, which is better as far what you can do... just can't justify it, yet
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Got my swim in today. Only 30 min of laps as my arms were still feeling yesterday's training. Rest day tomorrow, then training again Thursday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, window open for last time this week - near to over 100 rest of week.

Dawn - this is an open board - that also means good/ bad things about our days, so stop thinking that way.

Lana - how is home life? Walking more? I did extra until today to make up for what I wont do in the heat.

Serenissima - welcome, stop by and post when you can. We have regular posters and people who stop by when the world gets less busy.

Its time to get the morning ready. Arg.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Hello All~~

Hey Kathryn - I missed something somewhere....
    You said "MIL is now staying with us. It was quite a surprise and I was not consulted but she is here and we are trying to make the best of it. Her kids decided that staying at our house was best since my husband works at home and we have a single story house."

What is reason MIL is now with you? Sorry for missing it or not remembering. Please re-cap for me?
    I feel bad for you that DH's family and DH did not think to even have a talk with you before moving MIL into your house. Jeez. Not right to just do it.

Who said it is more like August than June? So true both in NYC and North Carolina.
    Now that the old White Oak Tree is gone, it is noticeably hotter and sunnier in/on the NC house. Darn.

Everyone keep up with the water!!!

Yes, I think extra fluffing from the Cabana Boys for anyone who needs it. Extra misting and fanning wherever you need it too!

Lana

240.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    lana- you didnt miss anything, Kathryn was just updating us on her domestic changes. Pssst, I was also wondering why but figured there might be more info down the line.

Kathryn, is there any $$ coming from the in laws for helping MIL? Medicine/food etc. I just hope so.

At work, bbl later.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Dawn - sorry to hear about SO's cousin. hope he is dealing ok with it. also hope things dont get overly dramatic with the family.

Sara - the little kindness monsters are adorable! it is so great that you knit so much for everyone.

Tess - hope that bug gets out of your family asap. nothing worse than passing it back and forth.

Have had a pretty hectic last few days. Scrambling to get deck finished before it starts raining again. Weatherman keeps saying scattered showers, so as long as they scatter around us and not on us, we're good! Just wish it would cool down. Temps in 90's with heat index in the 110's. It feels more like August than June. Hope this doesn't mean that August will be even hotter!

MIL is now staying with us. It was quite a surprise and I was not consulted but she is here and we are trying to make the best of it. Her kids decided that staying at our house was best since my husband works at home and we have a single story house.

Over weekend, ate out while running errands and brought dinner home when family was visiting. I can definitely tell too much sodium because I swelled up like a puffer fish! Am trying to eat nothing but home cooked and healthy this week to counteract that.

*ordering up a relaxing foot massage and a nice COLD beverage from the Cboys*

You weren't even consulted? I don't think I would handle that well at all.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    pb56py6xnevl.png

rqoiof031vcq.png

svhf28dc2mym.png

something to chew on tonight.
  • arniedog74
    edited June 2018
    Sara - thanks. Just too much going on, lately.

Made it for a walk, today. It was a bit warmer than I thought. But, nice breeze made it not so bad. Neighbor brought down an entire flat of homegrown tomatoes. I made some tuna salad and crab salad to eat with tomatoes. I know, the mayo isn't the best. But, it is better than all the frozen pizzas I've been eating for the past 3- 4 weeks. Drinking more water... when I'm at work, anyway.. it's a start...

Well, think it's time to get under covers... oh, we did a bit of rain, today... it actually cooled us off quite a bit... supposed to have rain off and on rest of the week... guess we will see..

Have a great night...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Aahh, I can work whatever I want in my work file again..... Tues/Wed are designated for the higher $$.

Upper 90-106 for the next 4 days and air is "kitten" so windows closed and took my jug to work to walk home with.

Dawn - homegrown tomatoes are the best and yes mayo is better. Check out the sodium in your frozen pizzas. My compromise when I started WW was to make pizzas using pita bread, canned sauce, light string cheese, chopped broccoli, other vegetables, and sometimes if in the house canadian bacon. Not a bad size and way less sodium. Good job on walking!!

Wave to all who follow. Lurking this Thursday from work....

• LanaCabana537

Good morning all~~

I am glad that today is a new day--time to get back on track. There is nothing in the near future that will throw me off. It's up to me to plan and track in the app.

Sara - Thank you for the 3 things :smile:

* beach bag and floppy hat on favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

241.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    did a mid week check on scale ounces down, keep walking with me Lana........
  • arniedog74
    Sara- yay on ounces! That pizza sounds yum! We used to do homemade pizzas...life just got so overwhelming, grabbing a frozen pizza was easiest ... trying to do better, now that it's just the 2 of us...

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • 5lambert
    5lambert Posts: 19 Member
    Hi all. I have been off and on with WW, the free Itrackbites app (usually classic), spark, my fitness pal etc. My new serial start is summer (I'm off), 60 and retiring next year, a cruise planned for November. 20 pounds would get me to my last cruise weight (still 20 to healthy weight but I'd be thrilled.)