June 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member

Just keep swimming?

It's good to have you back! I've been sorta MIA--Still running, just busy with work and hard to keep up with this thread.

HAHA! I have to get back to that sometime soon too (swimming I mean). The pool that I swim at is under maintenance until the end of August. Anyway, trying to get some kind of run in along with biking, so there is something. @Elise4270 is trying to either keep me honest or kill me. I guess we find out in a month. Haha
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member

You sound exactly like me. I also took about three months off because my meds were giving me leg pain. Got off those meds, pain went away, but the new meds make me ravenous all the time! I've gained 30 pounds since January!

But I'm slowly getting back at it. The doctor agreed to let me cut my dosage in half to see if it would stop making me want to eat all the time. It's been almost a week and my appetite is definitely decreased, so that's good. Now I just need to get back to running 10+ milers :smiley:

YES!!!! My legs were hurting and getting all kind of weird pains and the emotions were all over the place. But I wasn't hungry. Then I changed....again and wanted to just sleep. Then I had a huge RA flare in late April and added some more meds. I am finally back to normal, used to meds but I want to eat all the time. Oh well. At least I am finally emotionally stable! Well, as much as I can be.

I hope you are feeling better! Glad to see that I am not the only one that has so many issues getting all the meds in the right combo.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Today was supposed to be a rest day but I really felt like running so out I went...in the rain. Well ok, more of a mist but it actually felt good. Kept me cool!
    I have been driving to a paved walking path near my house but today I decided to use my warmup to get there. Almost made it. Needed to run the first set on the street but then finished up the other 5 with two laps around the path, then used my cooldown to walk back home. Went a bit over the 29 minutes I had planned but got some extra distance.
    Will see tomorrow if I need a rest day or if I'm going to start week 3 of the C25K. I'm a bit worried because I have been doing 90 seconds running/2 minutes walking and week 3 has me jumping to 3 minutes running/3 minutes walking. Not sure if I can run for 3 minutes straight yet...
    Anyway, run/walk this morning was 2.4 miles in 35 minutes.

exercise.png

That's slightly different from the version of C25k I'm currently using with a friend, but we're on week 3 and have had some similar jumps (doubling from 1 to 2 minutes running, then up to 4 this week), and don't worry - you can do it. It's okay to go slowly, just KEEP RUNNING! The first (or second) day or the new weeks may be the hardest, but your body will adapt during your recovery days (you're not skipping them, are you?) and it will get easier.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2018
    I cant find the dew point chart... (Impatient)

The dew point now is 59°F. I'm really looking forward to the run today. :grin:

ETA oh crap. I had the relationship backwards. 59! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE RUN! WOO!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    On the rain . . . I wouldn't have walked out into it. I would have run to my car. The weather is always nicer when I'm running than when I'm walking.

But then I would not have looked like a movie hero walking out into the rain in front of all the people cowering inside. COME ON! Think of the optics man. :lol:
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - That house has great curb appeal, and I trust you found it just as appealing inside.

It is rather dated looking. Wood paneling and all that, but layout and location are good. The rest can be adjusted with time.
  • PastorVincent
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I cant find the dew point chart... (Impatient)

The dew point now is 59°F. I'm really looking forward to the run today. :grin:

ETA oh crap. I had the relationship backwards. 59! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE RUN! WOO!

I have not seen a dewpoint under 70F since the time of the Pyramids it seems :(
  • PastorVincent
    @seanevan10 welcome back!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,430 Member
    @mcw2018mfp I know that it must be terrifying to think you might run into a bear; enough that you carry a knife with you when you run. But come on, that sounds pretty bad a** to say you carry a knife with you on runs ;)
    Stay safe!!!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,067 Member
    01/06 3.52 miles
    05/06 3.09 miles
    07/06 3.13 miles
    20/06 3.12 miles
    21/06 3.18 miles

exercise.png

• ladysnickerdoo
    ladysnickerdoo Posts: 61 Member
    Today was supposed to be a rest day but I really felt like running so out I went...in the rain. Well ok, more of a mist but it actually felt good. Kept me cool!
    I have been driving to a paved walking path near my house but today I decided to use my warmup to get there. Almost made it. Needed to run the first set on the street but then finished up the other 5 with two laps around the path, then used my cooldown to walk back home. Went a bit over the 29 minutes I had planned but got some extra distance.
    Will see tomorrow if I need a rest day or if I'm going to start week 3 of the C25K. I'm a bit worried because I have been doing 90 seconds running/2 minutes walking and week 3 has me jumping to 3 minutes running/3 minutes walking. Not sure if I can run for 3 minutes straight yet...
    Anyway, run/walk this morning was 2.4 miles in 35 minutes.

exercise.png

That's slightly different from the version of C25k I'm currently using with a friend, but we're on week 3 and have had some similar jumps (doubling from 1 to 2 minutes running, then up to 4 this week), and don't worry - you can do it. It's okay to go slowly, just KEEP RUNNING! The first (or second) day or the new weeks may be the hardest, but your body will adapt during your recovery days (you're not skipping them, are you?) and it will get easier.
    I'm not usually skipping them, except for today. I usually try to get a walk in on my rest days.
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    @Scott6255 when running in the middle of nowhere you can pack
    x8le829m0nr6.jpeg
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Not much running this week. Plantar fasciitis still acting up. This week was suppose to be last week of physical therapy but they are asking for a couple more weeks to see if more PT will help. Foot is better than it was at the beginning of May when it started, but I still don't think it is completely healed. From what doctor told me, it could be month or years before there is no pain at all.

Next week I am volunteering at our church's Vacation Bible School after work everyday, so not sure how much running will be happening.

I will not meet my goal this month - hoping for a much better, pain free July.

@RunsOnEspresso - Re: Rain: Your rain events sound like when snow or hard freeze events happen in Louisiana.

@PastorVincent - Prayers that the house inspection goes well and the house is NOT a death trap.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited June 2018
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Do we still have “Embrace the suck” shirts sitting somewhere that I can order one? Skip mentioned wanting one yesterday?

@skippygirlsmom Try this link for the shirt

Thanks, @juliet3455

LOL Zazzle confuses me, but I think I've got it sorted.

MFP MRC Embrace the Suck shirts are here:

https://www.zazzle.com/spodorama/products

MFP MRC Sisu shirts are here:

https://www.zazzle.com/orphia/products
  • Elise4270
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @mcw2018mfp I know that it must be terrifying to think you might run into a bear; enough that you carry a knife with you when you run. But come on, that sounds pretty bad a** to say you carry a knife with you on runs ;)
    Stay safe!!!

I dont run around bear, although a black bear was spotted abput 50 miles from here. We dont have bear. We have pigs, mountain lions, and coyotes (cant imagine a coyote being a problem. But i did hear a store ages ago about on that attacked a runner. It was rabid).

I'd carry a knife. I just havent found a practical way to do so. You never know when some drunk *kitten* hillbilly will roll up on you and try to impress his friends with a trophy.
  • Elise4270
    NEW JUNE GOALS, REHAB SMART, 20 hours of activity Work up to 4 minutes of running (50 mpm). Bike all that I can bike.

2---4.05mi, 61min (PT run)
    3---2.58mi, 55 min walk
    4---3.71mi, 54 min (PT run)
    7---3.42 mi, 47 min 5(2-1,2-2)
    8---9.35 mi, 43 min road bike
    10---55 min brick. 6.04 mi bike, 1.67 mi run 6(2,2)
    11---5.55 mi mtn bike, 38 min
    12---2.24 mi, 33 min 5(3,3)
    13--- 2.71 mi, 36 min 5(2,1) 3(3,3)
    13---5.55 mi mtn bike, 36 min
    14---4.85  bike
    16---6.22 mi, 84 min run 13(3,3)
    17---brick. 3.11 run, 5.16 bike
    18---2.21 run 7(2,2)
    19---7.33 mtn bike
    20---12.51 road bike
    20---1.74 run
    21---2.36 5(3,3) run

MILES
    Running 36.0
    Cycling/MTN bike 56.5

Upcoming Races
    July 22 Draper Lake Duathlon. Norman OK
    October 14th Spirit of Survival Lawton OK. Quarter Marathon
    March 31, 2019 A2A Undecided distance. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)