Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    I gained 0.6 this week

25z2hdwnzkgw.gif
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone

Day 2 begins. Day1 was a success in that I left work, had a lunch break - eating not so good but I logged it. Day 2 started with 20 min walking on treadmill at 4.5km, 1.0 incline. I must say it has put me in a better mood her. I must have frightened the boss as I was quiet yesterday and I saw I missed a call from him last night.

@theslightedgeforever Well done on your 30 min on treadmill. I will ask fitbit how to find your user profile number on the phone,

@trooworld - Well done for persisting. Hope you are feeling better soon

@gemwolf110 - Accepted the challenge. I assume it just compares your steps to others?

Thanks

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Gemwolf. Yes that’s where I checked first but didn’t see a button. Then I tried searching by username. I’ll go back to the links again

Trishastime. Look at you putting your own oxygen mask first. Good for you. We teach people how to treat us so hopefully your boss will get the subtle message

Trooworld. Sweater. Lol. I have a cartoon mind. Lots of movement for your body. I hope you are feeling better

I did my 30 min hill treadmill program and then because a good song started I said I’ll just walk til the end of the song. Another one came on lol. I got in 10 extra minutes that way
  • theslightedgeforever
    I googled how to add by link and it says there will be a pink button on their profile page. Don’t see that either Hmmmm
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    @theslightedgeforever sorry about the gain. I'm expecting one this week myself, but we'll see. Thanks for the highlights. I am feeling better, thanks. Great job on the treadmill. I'm afraid I'm not going to be much of a help figuring out Fitbit, as I don't know much about adding people, sorry.

@TrishasTime is it unusual for you to take a lunch break? Good job logging and getting on the treadmill! I am feeling better, thank you.

@theslightedgeforever maybe you should send out the hounds for cbabie?

Hi all. I really do have to get food prep done next Sunday, it just puts me in such a better place during the week. I had a mini-binge on Cheez-It crackers last night and it could have been prevented if I either would have had the cantaloupe I bought cut up or if I had done meal prep on Sunday. I'm so disappointed in the way I behaved. BUT...I did spend 20 minutes on the treadmill walking and 10 minutes on the recumbent bike, so I did do some exercise.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trishastime Here's that link you asked me for with the treadmill. https://military.com/military-fitness/weight-loss/how-to-lose-weight-on-the-treadmill

Trooworld I can eat a whole box of Hot and Spicy Cheez-Its. I just keep sticking my hand in the box and pulling it out to my mouth. Like a magnet. Bugles are the same way for me. Just keep looking at all the things you are doing right and then find a way around those other things for next time.

• theslightedgeforever
    I went in on my computer and sent out fitbit invites to you all. +Add Friend button appears on the computer but not the phone.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Did 42 minutes on treadmill and 6 stretching
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever yes, I need to have fruit cut up next week and meals prepped. Very important. I can't do what I did this week (pretend that I'm not on WW and just be lazy all day on Sunday). I didn't get an invite? Great job on the treadmill and stretching!!!

Hi all! I was in the same situation last night (came home late to no dinner) but I did not turn to the Cheez-Its. Instead, I made a quick pita pizza. I need to drink a lot of water today, I don't know if it will help but it can't hurt. Tomorrow is my weigh-in. Yesterday at work, I cleaned out my personal cupboard that was overflowing with things, almost falling out on me when I opened it. I threw out old oatmeal packets and stuff I was never going to eat or drink and rearranged things and it looks much better and is more functional.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. Doesn’t decluttering feel good? I have a recipe for DIY instant oatmeal packets. I just need to do it
    Invite for Fitbit? You show up on my list. Good job on the pita pizza

I made veggie burgers and seasoned potatoes for dinner. I was sitting there thinking I will never make them again and DH says these are really good can you make them again? Luckily I had some mixture left over that I froze.

Exercise day off Stayed within calories

• theslightedgeforever
    78sm13uxmkxf.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever yes it does! I show up on your friends list? Did I accept your request and not realize it lol? I did just accept a request from someone I didn't recognize, maybe that was you lol. Isn't funny how we make things that we think they won't like and they love it? That looks good.

Hi all. Well, I had a stinker of a day yesterday. It started with forgetting my breakfast at home, so I had to buy my breakfast at the cafe (I bought these awful scrambled eggs with peppers and onions that had no salt on them yuck + homefries + bacon), then had a busy day, then traffic took me 1 hr 45 minutes to get home and I stopped at the store to get stuff for dinner because the chicken I had planned to make had gone bad. Well, I spent 15 minutes picking out stuff for a nice shrimp salad and went to go to the register and the line was about 10-12 people long and they announce that their credit card processing machine was having problems and it was taking really long and they were giving out coupons for the problem. Well...I wasn't in the mood so I left. I went home and said, "What can I make quickly?" Because it was almost 7pm by the time I got home. Pasta with marinara sauce was my option. I knew this was a bad idea because I weighed in the next day (Today) but I was tired and grumpy and just did it anyway. Result? I'm up 2 lbs today. Now, that's not just the result of the pasta...that's from the pasta, the breakfast, the Cheez-Its...you get the idea. But still. Icing on the cake! lol Next week, I'll be better prepared.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning all,

I have not made it to the gym, I only got 3 hours of interrupted sleep last night. I have a full day ahead of me so probably won't make it to the gym. I have maintained and not lost weight, so hoping the next week is a prettier picture.

I have sent fitbit friend request to Trish and Trooworld....it would have come from Jamie H
    @gemwolf110 What is your id for fitbit? I am not sure how to look you up?

@theslightedgeforever I have a recipie for bean burgers I have not tried yet, but it looks good. I would say next week, but VBS is next week and I don't see me having lots of time to try them. Maybe this weekend though.

@trooworld I haven't been able to go back and read all the post, sorry you had a bad day yesterday! But your are right next week look out world. LOL

@TrishasTime I miss my treadmill. I hate having to go to the gym to walk on it...I think i will be looking for a used one here soon.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

I lost my fitbit yesterday. I learnt quickly how often I look at my watch either for time or steps. Whew found it last night in the washing basket before it went into the machine. I have the day off today and I am going to take my dogs for a walk, get a pedicure, do some food shopping, change sheets etc. All the things that I normally do not have time for :)

@theslightedgeforever - What name did you send you invite under? Thanks for the treadmill instructions.. Have saved the link and will look at it later today.

@trooworld - Fingers crossed for you that you do not have a gain - you have been do superbly. I love decluttering, I have a rule, if it is not used in 12 months then it goes away for 6 months and then out the door. DH never notices

It is a nice sunny days, so I am going to throw the sheets in the wash whilst the puppies and I go out to enjoy it

Take care everyone

Trish
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm still doing good on Weight Watchers. I had one bad week but bounced right back. I have issues when it gets hot. I swell up and one week my feet and legs were badly swollen so I gained some water weight. The next week I lost it. I really like using MFP because the people are really supportive. Hope to see you all again!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld sometimes we have those days As the Skinny twins say just move on. So how about a backup plan at work for breakfast. Something you could keep in your desk like DIY oatmeal packet or protein bars and an apple Do you have all your ingredients to cook this weekend for next week? Yes you show up on my Fitbit.

Cbabie glad to see the hounds found you I pray for God to give you energy. How about water aerobics in your pool For me that means jogging and keeping my legs moving. It really does burn calories for those days you can’t make it to the gym.

Trishastime I think we’ve all had the horror of losing a Fitbit Usually I’m in every room with my phone until I see connecting......so at least I know it’s in that room. Once I had to go look in my car It was there. Yaaay. Back when I had an Ultra. I’m Lisa W

@LoreA1960 Good to see you. Bouncing back is what it’s all about At least you know it’s water weight and will go away. I’m ready for my fat to go away I’ve had a good week albeit the scale I’m reminding myself this is for the long haul and I’m changing my habits

I walked 30 min on treadmill and 10 min stretching
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I hope you can get better sleep tonight. I haven't been getting good sleep, either. Thanks for the friends request, I got it. Thanks, I'm sure this next week will be better...for both of us!

@TrishasTime well that was good timing! ;) I hope you enjoy your day off. I did, indeed, have a gain (a 2 lb gain). But I'll get it off.

@LoreA1960 Hi! That's great. I'm doing well on WW too (except this past week). Come back and visit real soon!

@theslightedgeforever I just threw out a bunch of oatmeal packets that were expired at work lol (I could buy oatmeal at work but I CHOSE not to). I have protein bars, but they are high in points and don't fill me up...even with an apple. I do not have my ingredients, I'll get them tomorrow. Great job on the treadmill and stretching, stretching feels good doesn't it?

HI all! I walked a lot yesterday...I had bad traffic again but my friend came over and we walked up to the farmer's market. I bought some strawberries to make a strawberry pie for my husband's birthday celebration, and some beefsteak tomatoes and some tiny baby heirloom tomatoes. I was looking for figs but it isn't the season here yet, not till Fall. Have a great day, everyone!
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    I all! I am an old school WW user... like back in 2006/2007 as I was getting ready for our wedding. 11 years and 2 kids later here I am! I am a yo yo dieter, I start a diet, last about 2 weeks to a month, I lose a decent amount of weight (8-10 lbs) and then get complacent and gain it all back again. I have a hard time sticking with anything for a long period of time and I really need help with that. This time I really want to make it stick!! If I can stick with it my whole family will be healthier and that's really important to me too. Glad to meet you all!! Happy Friday!!
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

Despite the less hours, the scales did not budge either way - so I will take that which is better than the continual climb over the last 12 weeks.

@steph81881 - I am too an old WW. Got my lifetime status when I lost 53kg. Life has happened since then. I am so glad that you have decided to join us. Do you have a step counter - if so what is it?

@trooworld - At least your are honest with what you ate, I am loving your attitude but I have told you that before :)
    I blamed the hours of work, making me , forcing me to put that extra food in my mouth, I had an option but did not take it. I have had a sudden influx of fitbit users asking to be friends and like you I accept. I knew it was you from your picture and now you can see me as well.

@theslightedgeforever - I am assuming you are Lisa?? Looked at the treadmill link, I am too unco to keep changing it every 30 seconds, so I just did 3mph for 20 min

@cbabie - What is causing the loss of sleep? Insufficient sleep is so draining.

Well it is the weekend here. Off to take the nearly 17 year old with a dreadful attitude this morning to hand over to the driving instructor. She has her test on Thursday and I do not believe she will pass it - lets see if she proves me wrong. I told her that I would only pay once, so next time she will need to pay $250 which is the cost of the retest and the leaner car for 2 hours

Catch you all

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. So brainstorm some low point breakfast ideas that you could keep in your desk for emergencies in the case that you forget to bring your breakfast It’s only for one day

@steph81881 welcome to the group. I’ve got you beat WW1985 member. Lol. I’m heavier now. Actually my starting weight then is closer to my goal weight now. Amazing when I think about it. But we are now both going to get this weight off right? One day at a time

Trishastime. I get bored easily so I need a constant change of pace. But the beginner program incline was too low for me so I need to rework the program Good news on at least maintaining and stopping the damage. Now ready the ship in the other direction

I did yoga for 22 minutes I am so not flexible