• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    7 easy hot humid miles

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Thanks! And the price is sweet, too! And I haven't seen Jessica or LittleFinn since I have been back....

I'm around here, just life getting in the way. Wunjo products are pretty awesome. They are literally a brand new company, so some kinks are getting worked out. Add to that the fact that it takes about 2 weeks for packages to come from Norway, and it can take a little while for things to arrive. That said, I've been running in my X2 and LOVE it. Hands down it's my favorite vest. I normally hate running with a reservoir, but with my X2, it's easy. The vest is super light, perfect for shorter distances under 50k.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Thanks! And the price is sweet, too! And I haven't seen Jessica or LittleFinn since I have been back....

I'm around here, just life getting in the way. Wunjo products are pretty awesome. They are literally a brand new company, so some kinks are getting worked out. Add to that the fact that it takes about 2 weeks for packages to come from Norway, and it can take a little while for things to arrive. That said, I've been running in my X2 and LOVE it. Hands down it's my favorite vest. I normally hate running with a reservoir, but with my X2, it's easy. The vest is super light, perfect for shorter distances under 50k.

If I recall right the X2 is a bit smaller than the X5. I got the X5 because I have a belt that holds 40ish oz of liquid and was looking for a big step up for times when I am really thirsty. :D But I suspect both packs are essentially the same other than that.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

:)
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 50 Miles

July 1 - 3 miles 35:00 Happy Canada Day
    July 2 - 5.58 Miles 60:00 Hilly, windy, and cold on this holiday Monday.
    July 3 - HIIT class so no run.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

Well if they are from Norway I will have to get that. LOL I can pick it up whenever I finally go visit.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to get up this morning to run before work because it was going to be cool enough and much hotter this evening. But when my alarm went off at 3am, I hit snooze for about an hour and then decided I'm too tired anyway. Ugh... not happy with my lack of motivation. I need to just go out and do it despite not wanting to and I bet I would have felt good if I had.

Instead, I'm going out tonight when it will be about the same temp. as it was on Sat. (dew point about 75) and get my 10 miles in. The differences from Sat. are: I'm going only 10 miles today instead of a HM distance, I won't have shade from trees, there are minimal hills and I'm on pavement rather than technical trails, and I'm not carrying as much water/supplies for wilderness because I'll mostly be in town and in city park doing loops (there is a water fountain to refill my bottle every loop/mile).
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

If I recall right the X2 is a bit smaller than the X5. I got the X5 because I have a belt that holds 40ish oz of liquid and was looking for a big step up for times when I am really thirsty. :D But I suspect both packs are essentially the same other than that.

They can both hold the same reservoir, The difference is that the X5 can hold 2 bottles in the front, the x2 just holds one. Also, the x5 is more of an expedition pack, with the waist pockets, whereas the X2 just has straps on the side. There's a lot more cargo capacity in the x5.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Who ran a sub-10 minute mile this morning? THIS MONSTER, that’s who! I streamlined the process by running exactly two miles, so I didn’t need to pace myself the second mile, but I’ve decided that it counts and so there!

YAY!!! Congrats!!

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq awesome running!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq - Congrats on your sub 10 mile!! Your BIL is definitely giving you good advice to avoid the sidewalks. In addition to being a harder surface, they also generally have more trip hazards and sometimes decapitation threats from tree limbs. And I believe the word you are looking for is camber. If you run on the streets or on a loop path, it is also good to run in different directions so that you are not always turning on the same leg. This is more likely to have an impact on your knees, whereas camber is more likely to affect your hips and back. If you run in neighborhoods with cul-de-sacs, alternate the direction in which you turn on every cul-de-sac to help balance out the impact on your knees.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    WTG @MegaMooseEsq. Awesome progress!