edited July 2018
    Options
    Female - Age 28
    Height 5'
    Starting weight: 147 lbs - November 2017
    Current weight: 146.2
    Goal weight: 130
    Ultimate Goal weight: 120

A few years ago it took me 6 months to lose 15 lbs after constant exercise and watching what I eat so I'm not sure if I can reach my goal weight by the end of December but I would be ecstatic to weigh 130.

I have a desk job so I am trying to develop the habit of walking during lunch, even if it's only 15 minutes. Also, I am attempting to start counting calories again. Here's to adding more exercise to our lives!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Good to see lots of new participants. Psyching myself up for a fresh start on Thursday!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Hellooo!
    Female - age 18
    Height 5' 7"
    Starting weight - 177 lbs :( - July 2018
    Current weight - 177 lbs - July 2018
    Goal by December 31: 160 lbs
    Overall goal: 120 - 130 lbs
    I've NEVER lost weight... I hope I can get started now! Please support :)

I would start with logging your food and your exercise. After a couple of weeks, you can start fine tuning your approach to something that works for you.
  • Rebecca512787
    Rebecca512787 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Alteredsteve, your challenge sounds doable and tracks with my goals, so I'm in!

Female - age 59
    Height 5' 2"
    Current restart weight - 150.2 lbs - July 1, 2018
    Goal by December 31, 2018 - 128 lbs
    Overall goal: 122 - 128 lbs

August 1st I'll start with regular treadmill work. Until then, I'll be sticking to 1500 caloric intake and the exercise I get in the course of a normal day.
  • 2missdaxa
    2missdaxa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Exercise: This time of year I have daily walks outside (definitely hiking with rocks, loose decomposed granite, the "fear factor" of coyotes, snakes, that pickup coming over my favorite incline just as I'm going up). I live in the desert on a dirt road. There is a 40 acres square that gives me a combination of rolling hills, one steep incline (which I really love), another gradual incline and a stretch of flat. It's roughly one mile and I usually make it 3 times around before my hips and my knees starts complaining. I average around 80 minutes. I take one day a week off but I don’t plan for it just in case I don't feel well and I have to miss that day. If nothing stops me then the seventh day is my rest day. My favorite time to exercise is in the mornings.
  • Goingligt11
    Goingligt11 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Female - Age 38
    Height - 5'2.2"
    Starting weight - 160 lbs
    Current weight - 150.7 lbs (4th July 2018)
    Goal weight by end of 2018 - 125 lbs
  • corkdorkva
    corkdorkva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Female- age 45
    Height - 5'4"
    Starting weight November 2017: 247
    Current Weight July 2018: 217
    Goal weight December 2018: 192
    Overall Goal Weight: Under 165

My husband started Medifast last October and I was so impressed with his change in blood panels at the doctor that when I got the "pre-diabetic" diagnosis, I jumped on board. I am not crazy about the packaged meals, but the lean and green meal each night has really forced me to learn portion sizes and what a healthy meal consists of (hint not dessert with a bottle of wine). Accountability will help me stay focused!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I want to join in on this challenge!

Female, 54, 5' even
    starting weight - 158
    current weight - 152
    goal - 105

I am on day 19 of Jillian's 30-day shred. It will take me longer than 30 days to complete the program because I plan to take my time and be ready to advance to the next "level." I have to modify some moves because of bad knees and weak shoulders. Since each level is more difficult than the one before it, I have decided to take it easy and advance when I feel ready. I've done this workout before with amazing results, so I'm really hopeful.

However, just like any exercise program, it won't work unless I curb calories, which I'm doing. I haven't gone over 1,200 calories in a couple of weeks, which is pretty darn good for me. :-)

I have a short-term goal of wanting to get in a pair of jeans that is currently two sizes too small by October.

Good to be with you all!
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    SW: 255, Aug 2014
    CW: 166
    GW: 150
    Ht: 5’7”

Hi Everyone! I have 16 pounds to lose until my goal weight. I think that I’ll be able to get there by December. Maybe sooner? Who knows. I’m just gonna take it slow and easy. I’ve been doing this for 4 years and have lost 89 pounds. Of course it hasn’t all been a downward curve - it’s been a down/up thing. And, now I finally feel that I have what it takes to reach my goal weight. I never imagined that I’d be in the 160’s again. And, the 150’s are so close now.

For workouts, I prefer cardio - running, walking, biking, hiking, kick scooter, treadmill, elliptical. Sometimes I dabble in yoga and strength training. Ok, I’ve been trying really hard to motivate myself to do more yoga and strength training. But, it’s not working. So, I’m just going to leave it for now and not push myself - because it’s just making me feel bad.
  • Mali_o
    Mali_o Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m Mali
    Starting weight: 170
    Current weight: 164
    Goal by December 31: 145
    Overall goal: 140
  • alteredsteve175
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Alright alright alright! Good to see lots of participants in this challenge.

Got my macro and calorie targets reset for a restriction. Weigh in for a starting point tomorrow morning.

First goal - 550 pounds total for the three big lifts. Currently at 145 bench - 145 squat - 195 deadlift.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I will hop on. I am going to shoot for 20 lbs by end December.
    66 yrs old, 5'4".

Curr weight: 177
    Dec. Goal: 157
    Ult. Goal : 140?
  • jopalis
    Options
    corkdorkva wrote: »
    Female- age 45
    Height - 5'4"

My husband started Medifast last October and I was so impressed with his change in blood panels at the doctor that when I got the "pre-diabetic" diagnosis, I jumped on board. I am not crazy about the packaged meals, but the lean and green meal each night has really forced me to learn portion sizes and what a healthy meal consists of (hint not dessert with a bottle of wine). Accountability will help me stay focused!

I am wondering if I could do this or Nutrisystem maybe 3 x wk. Do simple meal for 3 like lean protein, veg, etc. for 3 and maybe one night out meal.
  • jopalis
    Options
    Is Medifast or Nutrisystem or any better than the other in terms of just a few nights a week. Which is most palatable?
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Got my cardio done!

Hope everyone else had a good week!
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    Starting weight - 249.5 - March 2017
    Lowest weight - 202 - December 2017
    Goal weight 183 (planned maintenance range 180-186)

6/29/18 - 208.5 - Making a fresh start for Onederland after Independence Day.
    7/6/18 - 209.5 - A little temporary gain from the holiday carb fest. Here we go!
  • corkdorkva
    corkdorkva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    jopalis wrote: »
    corkdorkva wrote: »
    Female- age 45
    Height - 5'4"

I am wondering if I could do this or Nutrisystem maybe 3 x wk. Do simple meal for 3 like lean protein, veg, etc. for 3 and maybe one night out meal.

For me personally, I can't be on their plan three days and then off three days and continue to lose weight. I am moving into the 3 and 2 plan though where I have 3 Medifast meals and then 2 lean and green I make myself so basically lunch and dinner I make myself but the other meals I eat a bar or one of their meals.