Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• nald27
    nald27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to keto, on Day 2. Would love to get suggestions and exercise recommendations while on keto!
  • jachatham
    jachatham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm on week 2 of Keto.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    jachatham wrote: »
    I would love to join. I'm on week 2 of Keto.

Me too! I start week 3 Sunday
  • jayfoh
    jayfoh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting keto next week. I've been on the zone diet.
  • TXRose9179
    TXRose9179 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started low carb diet on July 8th. Down 7 pounds. Felt terrible on days 3 & 4 but amazing after that. Not trying to substitute carby and sugary foods for now- just sticking to eggs, steak, chicken, fish, and small salads. Keto strips say I am in ketosis pretty heavily. I am working out but am noticing being more tired than usual- way more tired. Just trying to get through this first stage. My advice- be kind to yourself, rest a lot, and let the body detox from sugar with extra water, saunas, etc. Take good supplements, as well.
  • ketoraeray
    ketoraeray Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    is this only for newbies?
    i'm on day 230, down 55+ pounds.
    I keep bouncing +/- two to three pounds this past week.
    I weigh and log every single morsel.
    I have no intention to stop tracking any time soon.

I like new friends, but especially keto friends that let me perve their food diaries.
  • aj00000
    aj00000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3.5 years keto but going super whole clean eating starting last week
    Options
    Yesterday exercises
    Barry bootcamp work out
    Zumba
    Dance central
    Power walk

Today
    Circuit training
    Running (first time in 3 years) I made it a block...lol but powerwalk the rest😊
  • BlueSkiesM
    BlueSkiesM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but would like to join. I've been doing keto for a month, down 22 pounds. Love the freedom it has given me. I do plan my meals out every day. Right now I have a few go to recipes that I use. I am looking for more variety, but I am content with what I have.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ketoraeray wrote: »
    is this only for newbies?
    i'm on day 230, down 55+ pounds.
    I keep bouncing +/- two to three pounds this past week.
    I weigh and log every single morsel.
    I have no intention to stop tracking any time soon.

I like new friends, but especially keto friends that let me perve their food diaries.

Everyone is welcome! Congratulations on your success so far!
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Did good with following the plan until dinner last night; then had a family dinner following a viewing...ate some high carb foods. Back on track this morning though. My weight had been holding steady for three days so I’m curious to see how my body responds to yesterday. I’m hoping that when I get back into ketosis that will jjumpstart weight loss again....has that happened for others after a brief stall?
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    What is everyones carb limit ?
    20 ?
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Went to the fair yesterday. Spicy sausage on a stick, chicken kabob on a stick,ice tea lots of H20 14k step. All was keto-good until my son bought the funnel cake and hubby got a deep fried super s'more oreo doughnut. ....I'm weak. Took about 4 nibbles. Let's see how it plays out next few days. :#
    Options
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    20 ?

Mine is 20 or less
    Two weeks has been less than 20
  • SlimSherryIsFit
    SlimSherryIsFit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. This is my 4th day. The first 3 days I had my Carbs at 10% so I could transition into it and so far that worked really well. I noticed being a little tired, but overall I felt pretty good. On the scale today I was down 4.7 lbs, which I know initially a lot is water weight, but it was very encouraging. Starting today, I've lowered by carbs to 5% (20 g).
  • marieschneider3544
    marieschneider3544 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @Mazda_Mx5 I changed mine to 45 cause I was struggling
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    20 ?

20 for me.
  • debbie7373
    debbie7373 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group if it's not too late. I've been doing keto off & on since Oct of last year. I've lost a little over 30 lbs., but still have about 50 more to lose. I need to get serious and stay on track. Please feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • Ironpen92
    Ironpen92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Started keto 3 days ago. I'm finding im going over my recommend 1300 kals alot by trying to get more fat in to balance everything out. Some websites say dont count calories other say to do. What is working for everyone? Do you count them or not?

Also does anyone know if lucozade zero would affect the ketosis?
    Thanks

I’m counting calories but it’s not my primary focus. I think you should be able to eat more calories and still lose as long as macros are correct. Curious as to what others have experienced.

When I first started keto I didn't count calories at all. I tracked carbs, and ate healthy fats with moderate protein. While your body is transitioning I think this is ok. After awhile and you are in ketosis you will want your body to start using it's on fat for fuel and may want to dial back a little on fat consumption, like no fat bombs or BPC. Be kind to yourself. I would focus on carbs being 20 or under and worry about the rest later. Keep calm and keto on