Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Options

Replies

• KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I enjoy traveling, weird building projects (I made a couple viking helmets and built a loft and a ninja warrior course) and lately I've been back to practicing piano. I'm also half-way through writing a novel.
    Sweet, I taught myself guitar and I have a piano that I can somewhat play. I am in the process of writing several short scripts for short films.

• KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Dance/Soccer/Music (keys)/ Writing/Reading/ Crocheting annnnddd.. well, I love to sing, but my voice isn't that great.

haha I like the.... annnnnd..... I have so many ands!
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    I collect old furniture, I also love to upcycle but only things that are broken or need a lot of tlc, I decoupage as well and am just getting into gardening at the moment. As well as my dogs and organising my kids hobbies and social lives, anything creative I’ll try it.
    yeah I've been to many big trash day hunts to find furniture to fix and sell lol
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    My work is in the semiconductor design business as an IC layout designer. Presently I am a subcontractor without assignment. My underlying livelihood is in the buying and selling of calendar spreads in my IRA. I say it is underlying because I do it weekly and can live well off it if need be. My oldest and fondest hobby is chess, although I'm not as good as a teenager. My next project is to learn Alpha Zero's favorite openings. The Google machine has effectively pruned 500 years of opening theory.

What else? Well, family and such.
    Wow that all sounds very technical :)

• KingHurlbutt
    Options
    hpurtee1hp wrote: »
    I enjoy most anything outdoors. My kids and I have spent most of the summer at the creek behind our house swimming and building forts and sand castles haha. Like another member had mentioned, I also restore old furniture. But my biggest time probably goes to church. Gotta give thanks for all The Big Man has done. 😁Haha

I love that you spend time with your kids! That is so amazing to me!!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Making a go at woodworking. It has always been interesting to me and seem like it would be a good retirement activity. But since I am not retired it is difficult to find the time.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    That sounds like fun. I've considered that in the past, but I don't have the right tools...or skills.
    rsclause wrote: »
    Making a go at woodworking. It has always been interesting to me and seem like it would be a good retirement activity. But since I am not retired it is difficult to find the time.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I am everything to do with creativity! I also love music and sing a lot with my guitar, although probably shouldn't hahah.... but its fun. I have a piano and that will be my next project.
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    I’m creative I’m passionate about all aspects of art design and making things.
    I love music , I listen and sing along but I’m often told to shut up that I can’t sing haha and love dancing, clubbing .
    I used to play lots of instruments but only have guitars in the house now, I used to sketch paint design and make costumes wedding dresses.
    Love travelling too , used to be a dare devil and adrenaline junky but I’ve been reigned in on that too.
    I just noticed I kept saying ‘I used to’ I should really get my life back and DO things again for me.

You can learn how to play music , dance draw , but for some it’s in the blood and comes naturally no training needed , good luck with your project, be good to see the pics
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Theology, Philosophy. Voracious Reader.
    Hockey. Hiking. Biking. Running.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Measure twice, cut once. Get a new board because you managed to measure wrong twice.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I am everything to do with creativity! I also love music and sing a lot with my guitar, although probably shouldn't hahah.... but its fun. I have a piano and that will be my next project.
    I’m creative I’m passionate about all aspects of art design and making things.
    I love music , I listen and sing along but I’m often told to shut up that I can’t sing haha and love dancing, clubbing .
    I used to play lots of instruments but only have guitars in the house now, I used to sketch paint design and make costumes wedding dresses.
    Love travelling too , used to be a dare devil and adrenaline junky but I’ve been reigned in on that too.
    I just noticed I kept saying ‘I used to’ I should really get my life back and DO things again for me.

You can learn how to play music , dance draw , but for some it’s in the blood and comes naturally no training needed , good luck with your project, be good to see the pics
    Thank you! Yeah nothing comes natural to me for sure. I am self taught with a bunch of skills.... but I work really hard and became ridiculously passionate with the things I enjoy. Life is an adventure for sure. You should :)
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    Theology, Philosophy. Voracious Reader.
    Hockey. Hiking. Biking. Running.

Some of the most successful people are heavy readers. I have never picked up that bug as of yet.
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Is it lame if I don't know what my hobbies are?
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    No not at all. I'm sure you have things that you enjoy.
    Sami488 wrote: »
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Measure twice, cut once. Get a new board because you managed to measure wrong twice.

I am learning to make things out of scrap wood first because it is so easy to find in my shop.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

I am learning to make things out of scrap wood first because it is so easy to find in my shop.

If you run out of scrap, Poplar is a good cheap choice to practice with. Good stuff for builds that you end up painting too.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    We keep bees and chickens. Not together.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

Have you ever considered keeping them together, just to see what happens.
  • KingHurlbutt
    Options
    I think you should try keeping them together. It would be a better story ;)

• Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No not at all. I'm sure you have things that you enjoy.
    Sami488 wrote: »

It's making fun of my face. :sad:

But lots of people love trolls. I mean, there's a whole movie about them. Granted, its more geared toward kids but people love people that kids love, so there's that.