Non fitness related hobbies/interests?

Replies

• KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    I agree hot sauces can be so delicious, but I can't do the extreme ones. Yet anyway.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add: Collecting and eating hot sauces. The hotter, the better. :D

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Pokemon Go, Chess, reading, painting, research. My interests are so sedentary getting active at this stage of my life was a major revelation.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I agree hot sauces can be so delicious, but I can't do the extreme ones. Yet anyway.
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add: Collecting and eating hot sauces. The hotter, the better. :D

It helps that Endorphin Rush was my "gateway" sauce. It's not in the upper range of sauces, but it's got quite a kick and lingers.

Our hot sauce bar currently includes about 30 different sauces, most of them are mid-range or higher. I prefer hotter sauces to be flavorful, not just hot. So things like 357 Magnum and Black Widow don't interest me as much as a super hot Jhalokia or Blair's.
  • KingHurlbutt
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Pokemon Go, Chess, reading, painting, research. My interests are so sedentary getting active at this stage of my life was a major revelation.
    I love that you are making it happen!

• KingHurlbutt

It helps that Endorphin Rush was my "gateway" sauce. It's not in the upper range of sauces, but it's got quite a kick and lingers.

Our hot sauce bar currently includes about 30 different sauces, most of them are mid-range or higher. I prefer hotter sauces to be flavorful, not just hot. So things like 357 Magnum and Black Widow don't interest me as much as a super hot Jhalokia or Blair's.
    Yeah I love flavor but not so much sweating from eating a burrito lol

• kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    I like to knit. I make cool scarves and hats

Always great to "meet" another knitter!
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Drinking all the whiskey
  • KingHurlbutt
    Yeah I'm working on killing the vodka in my life. Its so unnecessary for me.
    kcs76 wrote: »
    Drinking all the whiskey
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I read. I'm on Goodreads and pretty active there. I like to binge watch shows on Netflix and Amazon too. I prefer a multi season show to movies. I also like listening to stand up comedy.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I read. I'm on Goodreads and pretty active there. I like to binge watch shows on Netflix and Amazon too. I prefer a multi season show to movies. I also like listening to stand up comedy.

I'm the same way with shows. My husband doesn't understand how I can watch 4 hrs worth of a show and then complain that a movie is too long =P
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Sweetnsimpleblond Posts: 43 Member
    My dogs and going to new places or trying new things. Just moved to the east coast a little over a year ago so seeing things we didn’t have on west coast. Swamps, beaches, trails, historic buildings, etc.
  • KingHurlbutt
    I love watching those type of show as as well!

• KingHurlbutt
    My dogs and going to new places or trying new things. Just moved to the east coast a little over a year ago so seeing things we didn’t have on west coast. Swamps, beaches, trails, historic buildings, etc.
    Fantastic adventure! I’ve almost always lived in the west coast. Except now being in OK.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Yeah I love flavor but not so much sweating from eating a burrito lol

Yeah, Endorphin Rush will definitely make you sweat! And make your heart race if you eat too much of it like I did. :p:D
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    Wait I did think of one! I really love event planning. Family and friends always recruit me... apparently not many people like to plan birthday parties or wedding events or graduations....hmm who knew?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I am a KILLER baker. My banana bread is semi-famous. Also my chocolate pie. For father's day, I perfected the chocolate cupcake. I love to experiment with new recipes. A few years ago, I got a kit with all the fancy tips for frosting, so I've been practicing decorating and made some really cute stuff for birthdays and holidays.

However, sadly, I married a man with no sweet tooth, and he is generally unimpressed with my talents. Also - this particular hobby is incompatible with my fitness goals, so there's a constant struggle.
  • KingHurlbutt
    I like the scene in Along Came Polly when Ben Stiller is eating spicy Indian food lol

Yeah, Endorphin Rush will definitely make you sweat! And make your heart race if you eat too much of it like I did. :p:D [/quote]

• KingHurlbutt
    Sami488 wrote: »
    Wait I did think of one! I really love event planning. Family and friends always recruit me... apparently not many people like to plan birthday parties or wedding events or graduations....hmm who knew?
    Good events are super important, especially when you shoot photo and video!
  • KingHurlbutt
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I am a KILLER baker. My banana bread is semi-famous. Also my chocolate pie. For father's day, I perfected the chocolate cupcake. I love to experiment with new recipes. A few years ago, I got a kit with all the fancy tips for frosting, so I've been practicing decorating and made some really cute stuff for birthdays and holidays.

However, sadly, I married a man with no sweet tooth, and he is generally unimpressed with my talents. Also - this particular hobby is incompatible with my fitness goals, so there's a constant struggle.

haha no offense but I've never heard of your banana bread before, so its not THAT famous yet...;) Banana nut muffins are the bomb...but I haven't had one in forever!
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    People watching.. But not like in a stalkerish kinda way. Just like watching people in a coffee shop and listening in on their convos just to see how others live their life.