40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Day 4: 25 Abs"=Done!
    no internet issues today!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Today is yoga. Yesterday was rest. Tomorrow is weightlifting. ... an ordinary week ...
  • gam3rguy
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Day 5: Ripsanity"=Done!
    i may hit day 6 later this evening, so i'll have Sunday off.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hi Kids,

I'm just over 4 weeks out from race day, so I have a busy training weekend. Tonight my wife will join me to provide kayak support for our group open water swim at a local lake. Tomorrow's session will be a scenic 100 mile bike ride that includes two ferry crossings, followed by a ninety minute run. Sunday will be more running and swimming.

This is week 24 of the training build, so I'm getting tired of it. Only two more weeks of high volume, then finally a two week taper before the race.

Stay Cool.
  • gam3rguy
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Day 6...really still 5-ish?: Speed 4.0"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Day 7: Dig Deep"=Done! That’s it for that one. Tomorrow...(and the rest of today), I slack.

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Hi all, turned 40 last week so joining the club!

Mini goal: lose this 10 pounds that creeped on over the last 6 months (been Traveling for work and eating out and drinks add up!!)

Next goal: back to the gym and hitting the weights/classes
  • gam3rguy
    edited July 2018
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! if you're feeling good, go through it again he says...LOL! NOPE!
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    I’m still in this categories I guess:)
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Strength"=Done!
    "I'M NOT. MESSIN' WITCHOO. TODAY!"
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Back to Core"=Done!
    BANDS! Seriously...EFF those things!! Done with them. The rest of, everything will be bandless!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk Back"=Done!
    I feel better now, though still a little P!$$3D that I snapped my last "good" (HA!) band. whatever...I don't need those things. I'll find another way.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Finally got out to do some hiking! :)
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo "=Done!
    Shaun T turned my 30 second break into 10!!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Hi Kids,

I'm just over 4 weeks out from race day, so I have a busy training weekend. Tonight my wife will join me to provide kayak support for our group open water swim at a local lake. Tomorrow's session will be a scenic 100 mile bike ride that includes two ferry crossings, followed by a ninety minute run. Sunday will be more running and swimming.

This is week 24 of the training build, so I'm getting tired of it. Only two more weeks of high volume, then finally a two week taper before the race.

Stay Cool.

Amazing! For me, adhering to the training plan is often a bigger challenge than the event I'm training for. Kudos to you for always pushing!
  • BettyM1017
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! if you're feeling good, go through it again he says...LOL! NOPE!

Speed & Agility sound like fun. I may have to look at this!
  • BettyM1017
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Body Beast Bulk Back"=Done!
    I feel better now, though still a little P!$$3D that I snapped my last "good" (HA!) band. whatever...I don't need those things. I'll find another way.

Is there a weighted modification?
  • BettyM1017
    CG Games is a wrap! I ended up 30th out of 500 in my division, which is just outside of finals range. Bummer. But I can't be too hard on myself. I PR'd on every event, so I know I left it all on the field!

It's Peak Week for CG, but I'm doing more of a recovery week. I'll do my 3 CG workouts this week but the other 3 workouts are definitely full of stretching and foam rolling!

Did I mention that I did CG Games Saturday morning and Under the Lights OCR Saturday night? I have a few bruises and quite a few aches and pains to show for it, lol!

It's GoRuck Constellation this weekend. Yeah, recovery week sounds good!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=Done! WOW!!! that one NEVER gets easier!