Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 48

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,555 Member
    @GrandmamaCarla, of course you can join, welcome! Love your screenname, :);):)
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    , sheesh who knew one lunch could have so much of an effect on me. I think yesterdays gain was all water weight from the salty meal.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    edited July 2018
    mmebouchon wrote: »
    , sheesh who knew one lunch could have so much of an effect on me. I think yesterdays gain was all water weight from the salty meal.

@mmebouchon
    I hear you!!!! I’m trying to stay calm while applauding myself on my usual very low sodium diet while I await the scale numbers these next 2-3 days!! We can do this!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,095 Member
    edited July 2018
    @deepwoodslady, I've made the jalapeno poppers before. They are good, but I have never been a fan of cream cheese by itself. I think if I blend it with one or two different grated hard cheeses and added a lot more spicy heat I would like them more. I also need a hotter, hot pepper! I eat jalapenos all the time and they seem like a sweet pepper to me :lol: I'll have to experiment :smiley:
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,177 Member

@SheilaBoneham, Its interesting to me that the anti-inflammatory diet that you are going to start includes whole grains. Any grains cause inflammation in my body. I don't think that I have come across this particular cleanse in my Internet search's and readings. Good luck. I hope it's beneficial to you.

@tiabirdie56 Yes, it includes some very limited whole grains (as does Dr. Andrew Weil's anti-inflammatory diet), but no bread/yeast. I'm not a huge fan of cleanses, but a friend of mine did this one and cleared up an inflammation that was causing a nasty rash on her face, so I thought I'd try it. Now I'm actually comparing it to Weil's program and thinking of using that approach instead - his is not a cleanse but a long-term approach to eating. Not too different from my regular diet, except I do eat more milk (yogurt and kefir) and chicken/occasional beef or pork). I'm also being referred to a rheumatologist because of the inflammation, so I'm a tad stressed. The only thing keeping me from indulging in cake or cookie or pecan braid is knowing how bad sugar is for inflammation! :smile:

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    ... I’m curious about where everyone is and what your high temperatures are. I live in the desert SW of the US - Las Vegas, and the temperature this morning at 5:30AM was 91*F with anticipated high of 109 today. Color me curious.

Northern California coastal range, specifically Mendocino County. High today 98, low around 58. Windy, dry, bad fire weather.