Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 48

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,648 Member
    @GrandmamaCarla, of course you can join, welcome! Love your screenname, :);):)
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    , sheesh who knew one lunch could have so much of an effect on me. I think yesterdays gain was all water weight from the salty meal.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    edited July 2018
    mmebouchon wrote: »
    , sheesh who knew one lunch could have so much of an effect on me. I think yesterdays gain was all water weight from the salty meal.

@mmebouchon
    I hear you!!!! I’m trying to stay calm while applauding myself on my usual very low sodium diet while I await the scale numbers these next 2-3 days!! We can do this!!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,097 Member
    edited July 2018
    @deepwoodslady, I've made the jalapeno poppers before. They are good, but I have never been a fan of cream cheese by itself. I think if I blend it with one or two different grated hard cheeses and added a lot more spicy heat I would like them more. I also need a hotter, hot pepper! I eat jalapenos all the time and they seem like a sweet pepper to me :lol: I'll have to experiment :smiley:
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,196 Member

@SheilaBoneham, Its interesting to me that the anti-inflammatory diet that you are going to start includes whole grains. Any grains cause inflammation in my body. I don't think that I have come across this particular cleanse in my Internet search's and readings. Good luck. I hope it's beneficial to you.

@tiabirdie56 Yes, it includes some very limited whole grains (as does Dr. Andrew Weil's anti-inflammatory diet), but no bread/yeast. I'm not a huge fan of cleanses, but a friend of mine did this one and cleared up an inflammation that was causing a nasty rash on her face, so I thought I'd try it. Now I'm actually comparing it to Weil's program and thinking of using that approach instead - his is not a cleanse but a long-term approach to eating. Not too different from my regular diet, except I do eat more milk (yogurt and kefir) and chicken/occasional beef or pork). I'm also being referred to a rheumatologist because of the inflammation, so I'm a tad stressed. The only thing keeping me from indulging in cake or cookie or pecan braid is knowing how bad sugar is for inflammation! :smile:

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    ... I’m curious about where everyone is and what your high temperatures are. I live in the desert SW of the US - Las Vegas, and the temperature this morning at 5:30AM was 91*F with anticipated high of 109 today. Color me curious.

Northern California coastal range, specifically Mendocino County. High today 98, low around 58. Windy, dry, bad fire weather.