• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    looking great Dana love the pic

NYKAREN

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. This is my weekend to work so here today and tomorrow for 10 hours each. Then starting Thursday I am off for a week. We are going to Boulder, CO next Saturday as our grandson is getting married there on Monday evening. Planning to take our time going out and coming back Tuesday morning. Planning to go thru Imperial as have not been there since mom passed away 2 years next month.

Meg--sending hugs, realize it is not the same. You are such a strong woman. I enjoied the birthday wish for DH.
    Had my 6 month checkup with the doctor yesterday and he is very happy with my AC1, it's 5.3. Then I had to get the new shingles shot. I said I got one when I turned 60 a year ago and he said that one is not good and now they have this one and it is 2 shots. One now and one in 3 months. Also going to try antinflamties for my knees. See how this works and if not better steriod shot will be next. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Barbie--Hope you feel better with each passing day. Time is the best with back problems. I am sure the couple understands.

Terry VT--Welcome back, One day at a time. Very nice necklaces and love the fur baby. They can be the best cuddle buddies.

Machka--Good for you sticking up for yourself. I admire you with all you are dealing with. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Out of time for today. Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbara The silly trivia question I posed was in reference to MINUS 40 degress Celsius... <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Trish - the Freecycle site is done all by email not phone and if you don't want to see people you just put it out on the porch. I'm amazed at the stuff people go for. You can usually get an idea of what the people are like by their emails. I only answer the ones I like.
    I'm a bit sorry to get rid of my boys' stuff as it's very nostalgic, but I feel it's their stuff, not mine. My elder son was delighted last year to have his toy dog back! :D I might copy one of the photos of his very best girlfriend at primary school. She was Finnish and I became friends with her mum and we all visited them in Finland. My elder son always got on with girls better than boys from a very young age. He is heterosexual, and very macho in his interests, (wargaming etc), but he has a really gentle and emotionally intelligent side to him. I'm pleased he at last has a male best friend at the age of 41. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Terry in VT, your pup pictures reminded me of a Rat Terrier we had that was a comic. His name was Kosmo he is gone now, we really miss him.

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Dealing with a migraine for the last 3 days. I am supposed to be sensitive to chocolate and peanuts, but didn’t think of that and had a couple of Dove dark chocolates with peanut butter in them. I think that might be the cause.

Question: if you are on disability with Medicare and a supplemental insurance, does anything change when you turn 65?

RV Rita still in Cathedral Gorge State Park in Panaca Nevada
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Machka I wish the people you are trying to coordinate could be easier to work with. You have so many balls in the air that it is more than enough. The fact you even were able to give them three dates to chose from is amazing. Maybe they typically deal with only retired people who are not busy. I would like to know where they are too. It is frustrating they didn't just pick a date without having you to explain yourself.

I Know when I try to coordinate with more than one friend and sometimes just with one friend how difficult that can be. I had one retired friend who had to pencil me in a month and a half in advance. When the day came she said she had to babysit. Then she changed her mind and we got together for 45 minutes before she had to go. Amazingly we are still friends. She is one who has a hard time saying NO! We now go to exercise 2-3 days a week. She doesn't drive so I pick her up. She is right on the way so it works out just fine. She has had me over for brunches and tea so it is a give and take relationship.

Being respectful of yours and others time is a hallmark of being a good friend. It is something I work on because I am one who does have trouble pacing myself, too.

:heart: Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Meg Oh my gosh I think your idea of creating cards for inmates is fabulous. Fun and perhaps profitable, too!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Karen VA- as usual, when I read your celsius/farenheit riddle, my eyes crossed and my brain floated out of my head. Math does that to me. But curiosity got the better of me after I saw others posting and guessing. I googled it once, twice (because I thought I did it wrong the first time). If Google is right, it is a very strange problem. lol Geez I hate math.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    dznfxoqi8epl.jpg

Awe!!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Dealing with a migraine for the last 3 days. I am supposed to be sensitive to chocolate and peanuts, but didn’t think of that and had a couple of Dove dark chocolates with peanut butter in them. I think that might be the cause.

Question: if you are on disability with Medicare and a supplemental insurance, does anything change when you turn 65?

RV Rita still in Cathedral Gorge State Park in Panaca Nevada
    Try calling SS office? Or do you have the SS booklet? Pat C
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    no workout today
  • kevrit
    Options
    ;)
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    [quote="
    Rori, love your "be lighter" goal. So apt, for more than just the physical, ok if I borrow "lighter" for my word of the month?

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 3/3, meditate 3/3, walk one more step 0/3, knee exercises 3/3, core 3/4, walk Tumble 1/4 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/1
    [/quote]

Barbara:
    I co-opted "be lighter" from our brilliant friend, Lisa. So, sure, you can certainly use it.

Hurt my back today lifting heavy concrete blocks that I use to hold some planters on my deck. Didn't think anything of it until DH and I came back from the farmer's market, and I had difficulty walking. Rested today. Will use ointment and healing thoughts tonight. BTW: The golden beets I've been getting every weekend have been fabulous. I clean, chop and roast them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious either cold or warm.

Take care. We can do this.
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills