WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Lanette FBS? Allergy shots are every 10 days while we are traveling. Once we land back in New Mexico, we will get back to the every other day routine. Unless that is we find an allergy group office in our travels that will let us continue with the original plan.

RV Rita in Cathedral Gorge Nevada for one more night.

Rita - oops, I thought it was you who mentioned your blood sugar (I call it FBS - fasting blood sugar?) was down in the 80's? Well, whoever it was, way to go, lol.

Lanette

My FBS is at 120, I want to get it down to 80.

Rita
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Lanette FBS? Allergy shots are every 10 days while we are traveling. Once we land back in New Mexico, we will get back to the every other day routine. Unless that is we find an allergy group office in our travels that will let us continue with the original plan.

RV Rita in Cathedral Gorge Nevada for one more night.

Rita - oops, I thought it was you who mentioned your blood sugar (I call it FBS - fasting blood sugar?) was down in the 80's? Well, whoever it was, way to go, lol.

Lanette

My FBS is at 120, I want to get it down to 80.

Rita

Sorry, I misread! Good luck on the 80 B) I look back at old records and see a decade ago, having a FBS of 90 was the norm for me without having to do anything special like walk more or cut out sweet stuff. Hoping now that I've straightened up it will fall back in line.

Lanette
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did the pilates portion of Bernadette Giorgi’s Just B Live DVD and the abs portion of the Kathy Smith DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hooping, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class

Lisa – very insightful about our addiction to overeating. Welcome home! Maybe you can make a folder for 2014 and one for 2015?

Penny – lovely photo, just like all of yours

Vince wants to cut the grass today. We’re just waiting for one part to dry out from the morning dew

Took my car to the Mazda dealer yesterday. They do have the TCM in but their computer is down. So I took the car in case they had time to put the TCM in, then when the computer is up and running all they have to do is check it out. Tomorrow, bowling then ceramics then mahjongg.

Kim – happy birthday. Good for you speaking up for yourself. You deserve what YOU want. A friend was telling me that she used to be in the fashion industry and what they did to keep clothes from bleeding was they’d soak the item in vinegar and then wash it.

I just saw where Loki peed on the rug in front of the bathtub in Shadow’s bathroom. If he objects to Shadow being here, why does he keep going in her room? Well, I washed the rug (admitted, I just got it at Aldi’s), and when it dries I’m going to spray it with that repellant spray stuff. I guess we shall see if it’s effective or not. Jackson Galaxy, where are you?????

Cut the grass (weeds) today. Vince used to use the weedwacker on part of the hill on the side of the house, but now he uses the walk behind mower so I start rolling up the extension cords for the weedwacker. Then I went in the pool. Made brownies for us to have when Jess is here. Made them before we started cutting the “grass”, baked them while we were eating dinner.

Michele in NC
    Who is off to take a shower
  • Angel1960
    Angel1960 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As a late joiner, my goals for the rest of August:

Lose 3-5 pounds
    Yoga daily
    Walk 5 days a week - 1 mile
    Keep recording meals
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Michele, did you say Loki was an older cat? Cats don’t usually pee outside the litter box unless there is something wrong. When our cat started doing it, it was because of renal disease. It was like he couldn’t make it to the box in time so he just peed wherever he was.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wrote a long post and guess the internet just ate it so hi for now...

Frankiesgirl21... still in PA...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Kim - So happy to hear about your birthday determination. :D:D:D You have worked very hard over the years on being more assertive and it is paying off! <3 Also, I do think we get to be more "ourselves" as we get older and less afraid of what other people think. I intend to be a very difficult old lady! :laugh: Mind you, I'm more than half way there already.
    I am 70 next year and I've already booked a cruise for myself and DH for that day. I hate parties and I'm surprisingly anti social, though I don't come over that way. Like Karen, I would like to see the grandchildren and have them help me to blow some candles out on a carrot cake, but I really don't want presents, unless there is something I really want from DH. I had been planning to go to Montreal, or Buenos Aires, , but then I thought, why do I want to give myself all that organising hassle (no one can do it properly but me >:) ) when it's my birthday. Mind you, I have already put a "70" tiara from Amazon on my wish list. I am looking forward to the waiters serenading me already!
    It's wonderful that you have so many people who want to give you a great time. <3 That says a lot about you.

I'm hoping that the paperwork on the house will move forward this week. :# We both woke up in the early morning with indigestion from worry.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options

And the answer to the puzzler is: Minus 40 degrees Celsius = Minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Karen in Virginia

:+1:

It's the easiest conversion. :)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options

If you're on a phone, and you shift the phone slightly, you'll lose your post. Long ones are best typed on a computer (laptop, desktop, etc.).
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

The only time I lost my post was because I added an emoji from my phone and not from the ones available only on the app.