WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,710 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~ Ol Allie is feeling it this morning, got up and dressed and went and fed my DFIL and walked Alfie then I think I might just go back to sleep for awhile...I am really tired,,,
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Lol, IIRC I’m pretty sure I can find a saved e-mail or two from the 1990’s. I have had one continuous email address since 1991 - it is not one I often use NOW, but occasionally an acquaintance from the past or need to rummage through old saved emails makes me glad I still have it.

When I worked an information heavy job I saved just about EVERY email. And they would hang about in my inbox for months before I filed them sometimes. My memory would often work in time chuncks (I. E. My mental process goes like this: Someone on my team sent me an email about the change to that presentation in early April, which I remember because I made that joke about April Fools day when I read it so I can find it easily if I leave it in my inbox and don’t have to wonder how I might have filed it. ).

At my current job, inbox items are auto deleted after 3 months. This causes me no end of anxiety and I often find myself not being able to put my hands on stuff because what seemed inconsequential and got deleted is now important and I have no email trail to jog my memory.

Somehow I am a terrible judge of what is important and needs to be saved and what can safely be deleted.

So, I’d be THRILLED to find several years worth of emails that I would archive file in one place (for instance: (Correspondence Circular File, Jane Smith, 2014-2016) where I could dig into later if necessary.

I find it so interesting to see how people are different in these regards. As to email or electronic files, I probably would be considered a hoarder.

Rye
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Please help me -- I'm running out of room

I have these DVD's that I'm willing to sell someone for the price of the postage (which is typically less then $3)

Low Impact Aerobics and Daily Exercise Routine with Nancy Marmorat (these are two separate DVD's)
    More Than Mat Pilates (Beginner)
    10 Minute Solution Pilates
    Christie Taylor Totally Hot Cardio
    Christie Taylor Solid Gold Cardio
    Extreme Makeover the Workout Weight Loss Edition
    Transform Your Body with Brooke Burke
    Winsor Pilates Power Sculpting
    Pilates Intermediate
    Pilates for Inflexible People
    The Firm Power Yoga
    Rodney Yee's AM and PM Yoga

Just PM me.

Michele in NC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. I am working and got timecards done so we can all get paid this week. Next month they have decided they are going to change our paydays to the other Friday. They want all of the hospitals in our group to have the same payday. I have been here over 30 years and now they think they have to change so many things so all the hospitals in CHI are the same. I just pray I can make it 5 more years to retirement.

Karen--Pray things are calming down and you do not have to go on meds again. When I was at the doctor friday the first time they took my BP it was high. Doctor had them take it again before I left and it was down. I told them it was because I had talked to our DD just before I came in and she stress me out.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Vicki white coat syndrome is real! I am ramped up about upcoming travel and that gets me anxious.

I too am looking at 5 years to retirement, the changes keep coming at work and I am feeling less involved with the merry-go-round of managment (administrators in education). But luckilly I still love the kids and the work, (the nonsense I try to ignore). 5 years gives me time to prepare emotionally and financially for retirement. I have to say I like knowing that I have a hand in shaping the little ones along the way.

NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Lanette FBS? Allergy shots are every 10 days while we are traveling. Once we land back in New Mexico, we will get back to the every other day routine. Unless that is we find an allergy group office in our travels that will let us continue with the original plan.

RV Rita in Cathedral Gorge Nevada for one more night.

Rita - oops, I thought it was you who mentioned your blood sugar (I call it FBS - fasting blood sugar?) was down in the 80's? Well, whoever it was, way to go, lol.

Lanette
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LANETTE I have ordered Big Fat Surprise on Amazon so looking forward to it.

Nice to hear from Penny

Kate UK <3