WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Penny - where pic? :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx where they are posting docs today and also emailing them for advance perusal. My DH is a gem. <3
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    I realized when I posted I'd forgotten to append it so I went back and edited. It's there now.
    B)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Hey ladies! Happy Tuesday! Nursing a headache this morning. Not sure why I have one. Maybe due to the air pressure? It has been a rainy couple of days (we need it, badly). Anyway, it is making my brain extra fuzzy this morning. I will have to run out a little before 7am so I can cast my vote in the primaries. Maybe hubby will come with me to negate my vote... >:)
    Pip-Cute pup pics! Is that Floyd with the Rubber chicken?! And I love the pic of Yogi, smiling! Such a happy boy!
    Heather-So excited and frustrated for you as your move gets closer to happening!
    BArbie-I hope the past few days of meds and rest will give your doc an idea of the next step on the road to recovery for you! <3
    Kim- Ooops! I missed your birthday?! So sorry but sending you the best wishes for another wonderful year!
    Penny- So happy to hear from you! Glad to hear you are running again! Thought of you the other day when one of my three year olds showed up with a Map of the World T-shirt and it showed "the Svalbard Islands" Waaaaaay up by the neck of the shirt! lol
    Allie- So sorry to hear about your job stresses! Take care! Sending hugs!
    Dana- You look fantastic! So happy! You are just glowing!

I will leave this here for Pip's pup; but it's a good one and gets me laughing everytime I think of someone marching down the aisle to this! lol Please invite me to this wedding!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOfSVULtsU

Signing off to go vote! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Happy Birthday, Kim! I hope your day/week are all you want.

I had that "fight" with DH's friends this year about "surprise" party. I don't do parties and "silly" gifts. I have enough stuff already. It was a huge issue. I am currently saving $ to go on a trip with my girlfriends when I turn 60. It will avoid all the drama, AND I get to spend time with people I really like ;) I am amazed at how something as simple as listening to people has become so hard for folks. My daughters both had my back though <3

<3
    Kylia

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,673 Member
    morning ladies~
    working 8-noon today then going to see my attorney about a funded trust, and then take my granddaughter to orthodontist and then back to her grandpas.. then home... going to try and work 9-6 tomorrow to make up for today..love how they just use and abuse me.. what I would love to find a legitimate work from home job so that I can make money, and do what I need to do otherwise.. any of you smart women know of any jobs of that kind..?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,791 Member
    Just found the tail of what was presumably a fairly large lizard in my tennis shoe, where Egg was peering, which was what drew my attention. I evicted said body part, which made her very frustrated. I'd be OK with the whole thing if I knew where the rest of the blinking thing is...

Lisa,
    Having a Monday in AR

Do their tails regrow like the skinks here?
  • Machka9
    My son is riding 10 miles every day.
    Rebecca

Cycling? That's good! :)

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    Machka Happy Birthday to your husband!!! That is such a blessing! And a homemade cake! AWESOME!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »

Lisa in AR, with electronic chainsaw in hand, about to go all gonzo on the untidy mess I was handed... :)
    Regarding email ...
    I'm with you!! I don't like anything in my Inbox or Sent Items. It makes me feel uncomfortable....
    I like Outlook ... I just wish it would allow me to colour code/categorise my folders.
    Machka in Oz

Honestly, the only thing I loved about Macs was the ability to color-code file folders, and then sort them like that - but because Outlook, even when on a Mac, is a Microsoft product, it didn't extend to emails. And, since I'm on web-based Outlook, I can flag now on my PC, but not color code my flags. Color coding is SO much easier. Other than that, kind of hated Macs, they're so idiot-proofed that I can't actually fix things when they go wrong, as they inevitably do. I'm a PC-chickie, and have a Droid phone. I utterly avoid the iProducts, wherever they pop up, honestly, as PCs tend to fit my thinking processes. Or vice versa, I'm never sure. :)

I'm a PC person too, and have never got into the iProducts.

I colour code my calendar items (Categories), and my individual emails, but I don't understand why I can't do that to folders.

I also wish I could prioritise my folders based on urgency. I drop things into Tasks or the Calendar, but it would be nice to be able to do that right in the Mail section.

However, I'm not the one designing Outlook.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Karen - Never found one to fill the gap, but my husband has quickly perused the emailed docs and it looks like they want to sell us the SMEG fridge freezer that is currently there. Haven't looked at their price yet. It doesn't anywhere near fill the gap, but it would give me room for the roll out shelves that I researched . We are not charging for our huge fridge and freezer we are leaving, but they are nearly eight years old.

Emptied one box this morning, but I'm having trouble getting rid of my notebooks of all the wonderful workshops I went to with real top artists/writers/performers. One or two were really life changing. I might have to keep them. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    kylie I am a big fan of using a notebook to keep track of habits I am building on. In July I picked three things I wanted to develop, they were all manageable, if I hit the goal that day I colored in a block—very motivating for me. This month I’ve kept 2 habits from July and added one new one. Good luck!

Being an introvert, a surprise party and gag gifts would be so uncomfortable it would be painful. Thanks goodness I’ve never been on the receiving end :s

Time to get moving, errands, exercise, chores. NYKAREN
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I'm fighting my own resistance to keeping up my walking habit. Its harder in this heat, so I have been walking inside. Sitting too much today, must get up and get moving.
    This thread is so positive and motivating, it makes it easier to give up all the feeble excuses !

Thanks to you all :smiley:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    658729g1em44wifu.gif
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm fighting my own resistance to keeping up my walking habit. Its harder in this heat, so I have been walking inside. Sitting too much today, must get up and get moving.
    This thread is so positive and motivating, it makes it easier to give up all the feeble excuses !
    Thanks to you all :smiley:

I walk "inside" in the heat all the time. I use Leslie Sansone Walking videos on You Tube. I also set my tablet on the bar height area of the kitchen counter and read and "step" throughout the day to get my steps in.

Cheri
    Where isn't it hot in our nation these days?!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »

I will leave this here for Pip's pup; but it's a good one and gets me laughing everytime I think of someone marching down the aisle to this! lol Please invite me to this wedding!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khOfSVULtsU

Signing off to go vote! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

This is fantastic, Kelly! I have never seen this before. Well done!

Karen in Virginia, still chuckling over Pachelbel's chicken