• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Saturday
    1. Protein shake :)
    2. Meds am and pm :)
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Ice cream lunch means meat and veggie dinner >:) ate pizza but kept it in the green

Jft Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Be present in the moment
    3. Be kind
    4. Buy a big water and drink it
    5. Food prep dirty rice for lunches
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Download research PDFs and send to iPad for review. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Pack lunch and prelog.
    3. Grocery list.
    4. Omelet for breakfast; weigh and log ingredients. Leave for park by 11:15.
    5. Steps to 10k at park; aim for 15.
    6. Meds after dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:45. Alarm set for 5:30.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 183.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Update lesson plans and submit.
    4. Create discussion post 1. Review week 5 assignment.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.

Well done on the 6lb loss!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Will Resume Posts on Monday(tomorrow)
    Hugs and hand claps for everyone this past week!
    Try not to dwell on yesterday.. You can't waste energy on dead flies...
    Pick up your heads...by looking up, you not only see where you're going, but you also can gain new perspectives.
    I'm with you all... There is more strength in numbers, however; each one of you are an awesome force in your own way. Each one is uniquely equipped to handle where we are on our way to where we're going💪
    Each small step turns into prosperous, productive miles, and abounding victories.🙌👏👏👏👏 WE CAN DO!!!
    Sincerely,
    Mary
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I would really love to go through the last week of posts because I guess I missed a lot but to be honest I've been struggling too. For some reason I managed to be down a pound in the last week but I think that may be because I havent been eating lunch. I've been living off coffee for the most part during working hours. And then I get home and eat waay too much of dinner or just pig out on snacks throughout the night. We've thrown our budget out the window the last two weeks. I dont even know why. I guess we just weren't feeling it this last pay week. A few nights ago I completely forgot about the leftovers of a crockpot meal until the next morning so it was totally ruined. The remainders of the meal were what I would have used to make Matt's lunches for the next week and thinking about all that food wasted makes me pretty upset. The house is a mess. There is a pile of dishes sitting in the sink. The past two days I've slept until noon because I didnt feel like getting out off bed. I've been having some weird dreams. Oh! I've also had a bladder infection during my ovulation time so the DH and I couldn't try to have a baby this month. That also has made me pretty upset. Plus the fact that I've been on antibiotics for the last five days.

The only upside really is that work has been really good. Now that the bane of my existence is in North Carolina things have getting immensely better. And I'm so busy most of the time that it feels like I only spend about an hour at work instead of 9. Lol. I kind of dont even mind that I dont get breaks or anything. LM has been amazing. I feel like we are learning together. And we just have a fun time. It's like I can finally take a breath at work now.

So I guess I should set some goals for the rest of the day...

1. Log what I eat
    2. Finish the dishes
    3. Clean the living room
    4. Laundry
    5. Walmart
    6. Shower/teeth/face by 930
    7. Tech off by 10
    8. Bed by 11

I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,485 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.] No goal dates set ~ as long as my trend is downward, I get there when I get there!

Age 60, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less will be unsustainable]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I would really love to go through the last week of posts because I guess I missed a lot but to be honest I've been struggling too. For some reason I managed to be down a pound in the last week but I think that may be because I havent been eating lunch. I've been living off coffee for the most part during working hours. And then I get home and eat waay too much of dinner or just pig out on snacks throughout the night. We've thrown our budget out the window the last two weeks. I dont even know why. I guess we just weren't feeling it this last pay week. A few nights ago I completely forgot about the leftovers of a crockpot meal until the next morning so it was totally ruined. The remainders of the meal were what I would have used to make Matt's lunches for the next week and thinking about all that food wasted makes me pretty upset. The house is a mess. There is a pile of dishes sitting in the sink. The past two days I've slept until noon because I didnt feel like getting out off bed. I've been having some weird dreams. Oh! I've also had a bladder infection during my ovulation time so the DH and I couldn't try to have a baby this month. That also has made me pretty upset. Plus the fact that I've been on antibiotics for the last five days.

The only upside really is that work has been really good. Now that the bane of my existence is in North Carolina things have getting immensely better. And I'm so busy most of the time that it feels like I only spend about an hour at work instead of 9. Lol. I kind of dont even mind that I dont get breaks or anything. LM has been amazing. I feel like we are learning together. And we just have a fun time. It's like I can finally take a breath at work now.

So I guess I should set some goals for the rest of the day...

1. Log what I eat
    2. Finish the dishes
    3. Clean the living room
    4. Laundry
    5. Walmart
    6. Shower/teeth/face by 930
    7. Tech off by 10
    8. Bed by 11

I hope everyone is having a good day!

You sound so drained!
    Tbh my last few days have been like this! Just mess upon mess upon mess and I just didn't know where to start! Get your DH to help you, you're never gonna feel like doing it, just do it, or atleast just start and the rest will follow!

Sorry about missing the ovulation date, Tbh I never followed any of that, first time I had tried to get pregnant me and my OH "did the deed" 1-3 times per DAY and I got pregnant the next month lol!
    Now I know this doesn't work for everyone, but I found not stressing about ovulation dates etc. Made the whole process much more fun and exciting! And I'm sure your DH wouldn't complain hahaha but tell me to mind my own business, I don't want to step on your toes, just letting you know how I did it!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,485 Member
    Options
    Recap F 8/3 ~ TGIF !!!!! Brought batch of peanut butter power muffins to share in office.
    1) Walked dog before work (foggy) / 3.61 mi 1:05:39 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,308 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 36 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ cushion for more if I want / net calories green = Net calories -218 (did ok all day, even cushion for peanut M&Ms, but then see Evening Snack Challenge), sodium -1104 (ack), sugar -36 (popeye bread, fruit, veggies, power muffin, peanut M&Ms), fiber & protein excellent. :/ 13c water :smiley:
    4) Grocery shop after work :smiley: & at least 1 to-do = gas in car, balanced checkbooks & updated budget s/s :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:30 :neutral: / floss :/ / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: (farmers market early Sat. a.m.)

Sat. was very humid & hot ~ farmers market before 8 a.m., walked dog 4.23 miles and lots of household chores, including weeding. Fitbit 18,321 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 145 floors! Not really sure how that happened! Earned the Skyscraper Badge. Went with hubby to Chinese buffet for supper and really enjoyed it. Guesstimated & logged ~ of course net calories & sodium red ~ will be one of my 20% days during month.

JFT Sunday 8/5 ~ another sticky icky hot humid day :#
    1) Walked dog 4.02 mi 1:12:28 & stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Church o:)
    3) Move hourly at least 10/14
    4) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / ideas for supper ~ ask hubby / net calories green / > 12c water
    5) Get hubby out of his funk / God is the Provider in our midst every single day
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk or work out M a.m. before work)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ I will not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
  • sdyke26648
    sdyke26648 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please let me join! I definitely need to commit, lost count how many times I've restarted this year! Need to lose 50lb by Christmas so way to go.
    Daily commitments:
    No more than 25gm sugar (have a very sweet tooth and actually crave the stuff!)
    Log all food daily
    Drink 2 lts water
    Walk for 60minutes every day...
  • Bex953172
    Options
    sdyke26648 wrote: »
    Please let me join! I definitely need to commit, lost count how many times I've restarted this year! Need to lose 50lb by Christmas so way to go.
    Daily commitments:
    Log all food daily
    Drink 2 lts water

Course you can Join!
    Lovely to have you!
    Sound like great goals, I've got to lose 40lbs, not by a specific time but sooner would be better!

Why by Christmas? Have you got an event you're going to or something :)
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Bex953172 The DH does help around the house most of the time. He did a bit of tidying before he left for work today and he always cleans up after dinner(although I do the dishes! Lol). I have to wait for the bladder infection to go away and then we will be doing it like bunnies as well I think! Lol. I know that I need to not worry about it and just let it happen but sometimes it can be so disheartening.

Well the house is clean! The only dishes left in the sink is the frying pan from last night that's soaking and a few coffee cups that need to be rinsed. The beauty of having a tiny house is that it only takes about an hour and a half to give it a good cleaning. Dad told me that our bulk garbage pickup date is for next Monday so I'll be able to get rid of a whole bunch of things that are cluttering my house. I'm very excited about that. Dad is going to bring the trailer down to the cabin next weekend so that we can load it up. The DH has off next Sunday so he can help and we can power through it.

My parent's dryer isn't working too well so we have to run the dryer twice to get the clothes to dry. Dad had a load in when I went up to start mine so I have a feeling it's going to take me until much later to get two loads of laundry done! Lol. Oh well. I can't really complain since they aren't charging me.

Okay so now it is time for a beer and to figure out what to make for dinner. Lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 The DH does help around the house most of the time. He did a bit of tidying before he left for work today and he always cleans up after dinner(although I do the dishes! Lol). I have to wait for the bladder infection to go away and then we will be doing it like bunnies as well I think! Lol. I know that I need to not worry about it and just let it happen but sometimes it can be so disheartening.

Haha I wasn't suggesting your DH doesn't help round the house! Mine OH is cleaner than me lol!
    But when it's messy like that I always just ask for help and we tackle it together.
    He definitely gets more than me done lol, although he can do it uninterrupted whereas I get pestered by all 3 girls and questions left right and centre ranging from "can I have a biscuit" to "what colour is Caseys poo??" (lol she asks every time I do her nappy! Why she wants to know ill never know :lol:)

Bladder infections are so annoying aren't they!
    Drink lots and lots and lots!
    Try and flush it out although the antibiotics will do the trick too! I know the last thing you want to do is pee more but it will get rid of it faster!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm feeling much much better. I'm almost done with the course of antibiotics. The DH and I can only really work on the cleaning together when we have days off together which is pretty rare. Lol. But next Sunday should definitely help! TBH, I haven't been drinking nearly as much water as I should be. I'm way below my normal amount too so that definitely isn't helping at all. Lol.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Can September's challenge be that everyone has to post on a Sunday LOL

I miss everyone!
    I agree! It gets so quiet here on Sundays! Lol. Work has been so busy that I haven't really been able to check in during the day!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    In for the posting on Sundays challenge! I still haven't read most of this week, actually. in the six months I didn't work, I had kind of forgotten what it was like to hold a job in terms of "disposable" time.

@HEGoddard0928, I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better and that work is so much better now!

I'm torn between rice and beans for dinner or a sandwich. The thought of not turning on the stove is appealing, but I'll probably eat a lot of sandwiches at work this week. Hmm.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    sdyke26648 wrote: »
    Daily commitments:
    Log all food daily
    Drink 2 lts water

Also, welcome!
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Water plants ✔
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal for sure ✔
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work ✔ ✔
    No extra snacking at work ✔
    Write congratulations card for my nursing student ✔

Goals for today:
    No extra snacking at work
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    Eat breakfast at home after work
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    1. Log what I eat :)
    2. Finish the dishes :)I think it turned out to be about 3 sink loads. All at different times! Lol. But there is not one single dish in my sink!
    3. Clean the living room :)It feels so much better in here now!
    4. Laundry :)All done!
    5. Walmart :)
    6. Shower/teeth/face by 930 :)I think I got out of the shower at 9:35
    7. Tech off by 10 :)It's now 9:46. Once I finish this post I'm going to shut everything down
    8. Bed by 11 :)Definitely!

The day turned out to be wonderful. Lol. The house is clean. Dinner was ready for when the DH got home at 8. I am freshly showered, scrubbed and brushed. Lol. There will be no evening snacking tonight! I think I can gage from the last day or two that the August Challenge is no snacking at 9, am I correct? The dishes are all clean. I think I'm going to put them away after I finish this post. I kind of feel like I have a whole new perspective now that I have had a good day! I got a lot done and feel pretty good about myself.

So my goal for this week is to get rid of the dang car! We've had my husbands busted old car sitting in our driveway since the beginning of April. It's an old rust bucket-y eyesore that I want to go away! So I am going to make some phone calls and get it gone before the week is over!

Okay!

Onto my list for tomorrow(which I am going to add to my phone as well)

JFT, 8/6/18

1. Log all my food
    2. Up by 6
    3. Yoga/Gym
    4. Make lunches for us
    5. Work 8:15-5:15
    6. ACTUALLY EAT LUNCH
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Spend some time focusing on Matt
    9. Shower/face/teeth by 9:30
    10. Tech off my 10
    11. Bed by 11

August Challenge:

5. o:)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Download research PDFs and send to iPad for review. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Pack lunch and prelog.
    3. Grocery list.
    4. Omelet for breakfast; weigh and log ingredients. Leave for park by 11:15.
    5. Steps to 10k at park; aim for 15.
    6. Meds after dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 10:45. Alarm set for 5:30.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 183.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post.
    3. Update lesson plans and submit.
    4. Create discussion post 1. Review week 5 assignment.
    5. Call PCP to set up checkup. Check with D about substitute.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals...
    I'm over time when it comes to going to sleep. Started this new thing for me... Having a pad and pen by my bed to write stuff down and get it out of my head... Hope it works.
    These days I think almost of everything when it's time to lie down, and think little when I'm up and actually supposed to be doing what I think on at night... Ok... So it's my turn to ask for suggestions... Can someone help? Please?🍒